Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Callaway v Ross
I kinda like the fact that the offense is clicking without him. Kinda keeping him in reserve.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 06:11 PM)McC Wrote: I kinda like the fact that the offense is clicking without him. Kinda keeping him in reserve.

And Eifert hasn’t really been a factor yet either. If we can get Eifert and Ross going to compliment AJ and Boyd...look out!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 06:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Eifert hasn’t really been a factor yet either. If we can get Eifert and Ross going to compliment AJ and Boyd...look out!

I think both their times will come.  And it's been great how good Uzo ahd Kroft have been so Eifert can be used sparingly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 01:06 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ross has flashed “potential “.  I just want to when n where he has flashed potential.    In 10 plays I’ve seen him be involved he’s fumbled , dropped 2 passes or is it 3.  Catch 2 passes for a total of 8 yards he hasn’t shown anything yet.  But it’s still early n he can turn it around n turn into a Desean Jackson type of player . Keep fingers crossed

Not about to defend Ross with the time he's had up to this point...but...the Bengals need to do a better job of getting him in space beyond the LOS. Hell, line him up in the backfield and let him leak out like the RBs do, in front of the LBs. Something...anything.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Meh instead of trying to force the ball to John Ross trying to get a breakout game....I prefer how it's been with Dalton taking what the defense gives them spreading the ball around (9 different receivers two weeks in a row) and running the offense through AJ Green and Mixon (/gio).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 07:23 PM)Synric Wrote: Meh instead of trying to force the ball to John Ross trying to get a breakout game....I prefer how it's been with Dalton taking what the defense gives them spreading the ball around (9 different receivers two weeks in a row) and running the offense through AJ Green and Mixon (/gio).

Yep, we need to go with the proven commodities.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 01:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t say no one else, they do have Jarvis Landry.

And last year we had AJ Green, and no one else that could generate separation.  Now, Ross taking the proverbial top off the defense and, suddenly, Boyd is resurgent.  

Last year, it was more based on health and maturity.  This year the Bengals will start making him a bigger part of the offense.  Callaway has to be used for the Browns offense.  Hue can't have another 0-16 season.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 01:16 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Callaway dropped some balls last night but he looks like he is going to be a handful running deep routes.

For you experts on this board- and I am not one of them- why aren't the Bengals sending Ross on deep routes like Callaway.

I always here about "cover 2" but it seemed to me that the Jets were using two safeties deep last night and it did not matter because of the number of WRs Browns were throwing out there on the same play.

Would appreciate enlightenment from the football coaches/players on this board.

I think with the Mixon injury that Ross will utilized more against the Panthers. As for Callaway, talent has never been his problem. He has enourmous potential, but failed to realize it at UF. Personally, I'm not concerned. He hasn't shown any incling that he gets it, and I'm fairly certain that he will be out if the league or suspened in the next year or two. He can't seem to stay out of trouble. Josh Gordon 2.0! Super talented though.
Reply/Quote
Calloway is the better WR now.
Ross is looking like a bust at the moment
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 10:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And last year we had AJ Green, and no one else that could generate separation.  Now, Ross taking the proverbial top off the defense and, suddenly, Boyd is resurgent.  

Last year, it was more based on health and maturity.  This year the Bengals will start making him a bigger part of the offense.  Callaway has to be used for the Browns offense.  Hue can't have another 0-16 season.  

since the day he came into the NFL Boyd has been productive....and he has been balling this year as WR2.

with due respect you are reaching if you are trying to associate some value to Ross paltry production via Boyd's performance.  
Reply/Quote
I think after the fiasco today John Ross is safely declarable as the second worst draft bust in Bengals history (no one can ever top Akili Smith because of the trade we turned down).
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think after the fiasco today John Ross is safely declarable as the second worst draft bust in Bengals history (no one can ever top Akili Smith because of the trade we turned down).

Nah, he’s not even the biggest bust on the team. That would be Ced.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, he’s not even the biggest bust on the team. That would be Ced.

Cad didn't go 9th overall. Higher the pick the bigger the bust.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 08:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: Cad didn't go 9th overall. Higher the pick the bigger the bust.

But there’s still some hope for Ross. Ced is a lost cause.

Reply/Quote
This is the John Ross who over two seasons now has 5 catches with 1 TD but also has directly caused four turnovers. He is so bad technically that he makes Jerome Simpson look like Jerry Rice.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 09:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is the John Ross who over two seasons now has 5 catches with 1 TD but also has directly caused four turnovers. He is so bad technically that he makes Jerome Simpson look like Jerry Rice.

I wish Ross were more of a TD or TO type of WR.  That would be interesting. 
Reply/Quote