Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling Plays
Hated them telling Joe Burrow to hike and throw to AJ as he pushes off.

The last play should have had Erickson, Tate, Boyd, Uzomah and I guess Green all running a pattern and let Joe pick the best option.
In fact should have faked to AJ since every knew he demands the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:43 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Hated them telling  Joe Burrow to hike and throw to AJ as he pushes off.

The last play should have had Erickson, Tate, Boyd, Uzomah and I guess Green all running a pattern and let Joe pick the best option.
In fact should have faked to AJ since every knew he demands the ball.

Wut?  Nervous
Reply/Quote
Limited time. Your scenario opens the door for an incompletion with 0:00 on the game clock. The call was good, the pass was great, the OPI ruined it.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:49 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Limited time. Your scenario opens the door for an incompletion with 0:00 on the game clock. The call was good, the pass was great, the OPI ruined it.

Yeah, it was a good play call. They got AJ in a one on one matchup.  Ross was also wide open running along the back of the end zone, so there were two good spots to go with the ball.  AJ just did a bad job disguising his push off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, it was a good play call. They got AJ in a one on one matchup.  Ross was also wide open running along the back of the end zone, so there were two good spots to go with the ball.  AJ just did a bad job disguising his push off.

Even if AJ Green is putting the defender in a torture rack I still throw it his way and take my chances with the flag rather than targeting Ross.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought they were going to try and split Tate out to get 1 on 1 for a jump ball there.
The play actually worked just a bad call, push off and acting job by dB.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:40 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I thought they were going to try and split Tate out to get 1 on 1 for a jump ball there.
The play actually worked just a bad call, push off and acting job by dB.

There was a bit of acting which goes a long way on influencing the ref to throw the flag. I hate when we get these calls yet when our player is pushed, held etc. we don’t act. Not saying do a Jerome Simpson flop ( freakin hilarious ) but try to make it look good at least. You see Pitt and Balt do it all the time. If they don’t catch the deep pass, the flag will be there to save the day.
Reply/Quote