Poll: Should the AG release Mueller findings?
Yes, Americans have the right to see it
No, it should be hidden and swept under the rug of history
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling for a Vote!
Why would the Trump Administration be working with the new AG to not make the Mueller results public?

If it's a witch hunt, shouldn't they want it seen?

What don't they want the American people to know?

If he's innocent and it states that would they hide it?

Do you want to see it?

If it was Hillary's results would you be okay with Obama's AG hiding them from the public?

For the purposes of the poll, do you believe the results should be made public. Why or Why not?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
This is a false dichotomy. The report, in its entirety, should be shared with the Gang of 8, plus maybe a few other committee heads such as Judiciary and Oversight. However, there should be an unclassified report for the public. It is of national interest for the people to know the findings, but the details will likely contain information that will be a concern for national security. I have zero doubt that something like this will be what we get. I'm not as concerned about Barr sweeping the report under the rug as some people are.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Many Republicans (and their voters) have shown a willingness to bow to Putin and excuse Trumps treacherous behavior and questionable relationship (secret meetings with Putin and the KGB).

What is sharing the report with there committees going to do besides give McConnell the opportunity to cover it up?

Do you trust McConnell to do what's right or I guess the new AG?

I guess what I'm saying is an "unclassified" report opens up claims of biased and "fake news". Leaving more questions and innuendos then answers.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(01-17-2019, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Many Republicans (and their voters) have shown a willingness to bow to Putin and excuse Trumps treacherous behavior and questionable relationship (secret meetings with Putin and the KGB).

That they have, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the law.

(01-17-2019, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: What is sharing the report with there committees going to do besides give McConnell the opportunity to cover it up?

There was this thing called the midterms, which caused the Democrats to hold the House. They won't let it be covered up.

(01-17-2019, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Do you trust McConnell to do what's right or I guess the new AG?

Not McConnell. Barr? Yes.

(01-17-2019, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: I guess what I'm saying is an "unclassified" report opens up claims of biased and "fake news". Leaving more questions and innuendos then answers.

That it does, but three things must be weighed in the decision: public interest, national security, and the law. What the AG can share is dictated by law, and what he is comfortable sharing within the confines of the law must be weighed between public interest and national security.

Edit to add: FWIW, the law (28 CFR Part 600) only states the AG reports the findings to the chairs and ranking members of the Judiciary committees. So only four people get the report.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Despite the non-partisan wording of the poll options , I don't know which way to vote. We should get some sort of report on the findings, but we don't know what's in those reports that shouldn't be for public consumption. I mean if half the stuff people believe Trump did is true, then I would say there's some high level information that can't be shared.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I'll wait to see the movie. Or maybe a graphic novel version.