Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling for rain Sunday
(10-10-2018, 05:22 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Kind of like the ones that just set there and get mad because everyone around them is standing and whooping it up for a great play....

Basically. I don’t directly encourage anyone to cheer or make noise, I simply make noise for our defense and I react during and after an offensive play. I like to be loud for our defense because I think that’s kinda the point of “home field advantage” and I just don’t see the same effort as I do other stadiums when playing away.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
The only FORECAST I see is a WIN.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Accuweather saying no rain between one and four.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 08:34 AM)Takedown Wrote: Sorry to hear about your high blood pressure. You have given me a different outlook on why maybe some fans don’t make noise, but I also don’t believe we have one of the quietest stadiums in the NFL due to everyone having a health condition. I don’t judge those who don’t cheer or make noise at games, I can seem to notice though more booing when the game isn’t going our way than I do people motivating our defense on 3rd down. It is what it is.

True.  My personal theory is that some of that is due to stadium design.  Otherwise, you'd have to accept that people in the Seattle area are all born with greater lung capacity and are innately louder as a result.  PBS is open at both ends, huge openings, and it just doesn't contain the noise as well as some stadiums.  Like Riverfront, for example.  That's something they need to address in whatever stadium follows PBS.  Dre I dream of a dome?  

That aside, I have no doubt it will be a loud and rowdy crowd come Sunday. I'm sure the jerk staff will be earning their keep.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 06:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While your second point is true, there are lots of folks that come in from pissburgh every year.  

City starts to get a foul odor around saturday afternoon. 

No doubt. I was just trying to get a jab in, like you did with your last line. Wink

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 07:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: True.  My personal theory is that some of that is due to stadium design.  Otherwise, you'd have to accept that people in the Seattle area are all born with greater lung capacity and are innately louder as a result.  PBS is open at both ends, huge openings, and it just doesn't contain the noise as well as some stadiums.  Like Riverfront, for example.  That's something they need to address in whatever stadium follows PBS.  Dre I dream of a dome?  

That aside, I have no doubt it will be a loud and rowdy crowd come Sunday. I'm sure the jerk staff will be earning their keep.

I think you hit it right on the money. PBS definitely has a “unique” design and the lack of fan attendance is poor to top it off for most games over the last few years (can you blame anyone for not going though?).

It’ll be loud Sunday I’m sure. I have to look at my tickets again but I know I’m at one of the end zones I can’t remember which one. Can’t wait.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 10:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, in typical Cincinnati style, now it's only a 20% chance of rain.

Could be projected to be a hurricane by Sunday, but it looks like it will be clear for now.

Yep!  And it keeps pushing toward later in the day.  

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Looking like it’s gonna rain now....Oh joy....
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Look at the positive:  If it does rain, there will be a lot of wet douchebags sitting in soaked undies for a long, cold ride back to shittsburgh.

Yeah, but those bedwetters are used to wet underwear....
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 07:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: True.  My personal theory is that some of that is due to stadium design.  Otherwise, you'd have to accept that people in the Seattle area are all born with greater lung capacity and are innately louder as a result.  PBS is open at both ends, huge openings, and it just doesn't contain the noise as well as some stadiums.  Like Riverfront, for example.  That's something they need to address in whatever stadium follows PBS.  Dre I dream of a dome?  

Seattle's stadium is 85% under aluminum roof, it may as well be a dome. They could extend panels out and over the field at PBS and close in the end zones with more walls and do the same thing. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 08:43 AM)Takedown Wrote: Basically. I don’t directly encourage anyone to cheer or make noise, I simply make noise for our defense and I react during and after an offensive play. I like to be loud for our defense because I think that’s kinda the point of “home field advantage” and I just don’t see the same effort as I do other stadiums when playing away.

The only game I ever attended that I didn't come home hoarse from was the Monday Night Football game against the Stools 5 years ago, that we won. I had undergone open heart two weeks prior and could not get enough air in my lungs to yell and did not have the energy to beat on anything. But it's also a game I'll never forget....
Reply/Quote
[Image: poQneXM5j]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote