Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Newton Pulling Race Card
Umm. I don't remember Russell Wilson getting all the bullshit that Cam has been getting. Because Russell wasn't such a pompous ass.

Usually if you are not the home town team and you are dancing around acting like a prick all the other cities don't like it. It aint because you are black. It's because you don't play for their team and you are sore winner.

This race card pulling is getting sooooo old.

I actually like Cam. But complaining that he is getting heat because he is black is just dumb. And a lot of it was because Seattle fans were complaining. Well guess what, they have a black QB. Lost a little respect for Cam with those claims. Making a racial issue out of yet another thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 06:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Umm. I don't remember Russell Wilson getting all the bullshit that Cam has been getting. Because Russell wasn't such a pompous ass.

Usually if you are not the home town team and you are dancing around acting like a prick all the other cities don't like it. It aint because you are black. It's because you don't play for their team and you are sore winner.

This race card pulling is getting sooooo old.

I actually like Cam. But complaining that he is getting heat because he is black is just dumb. And a lot of it was because Seattle fans were complaining. Well guess what, they have a black QB. Lost a little respect for Cam with those claims. Making a racial issue out of yet another thing.

I admit that I didn't think he would mature as a QB as much as he has.  But he's still a poor loser and poor winner.  

And he can't stand any criticism.

I feel really bad for him. Sarcasm
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
What I read wasn't him really complaining but just saying the NFL has never seen a black or African-American QB like him that scares the heck out of teams....but I thought of Warren Moon right away. Doug Williams was also Super Bowl MVP....Warren Moon was dominate in the Candian Football League when the NFL was all white QBs, and then he went to Houston Oilers and was very good. ....Cam may be the best if playing the race card, but Warren Moon was pretty darn good also.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I recall everyone loving the shit out of RG3 his rookie year, until his knee got blown out due to Shanahan being an irresponsible HC. Then when he wasn't the same and started sucking, people started hating on him.

People called Colin Kaepernick (who I think is half?) the "next Joe Montana" until they realized he can only throw the ball one speed (really hard) and doesn't know how to read a defense or go through his progression.

Hell, Dalton is the whitest QB possible (a ginger) and people absolutely have hated the shit out of him from Day 1 with no good reason. If he finishes his career at this same W-L rate, he'll have a top 10 all time winning %. People still hate his guts. Lol

Some people STILL TO THIS DAY have a man crush on Mike Vick for some reason, even though he's proven he can't play the QB position, and has been in jail, and murdered just a ton of dogs.

Race really has little to do with if people like a QB or not.

- - - - -
Race card is weak. Maybe you should look in the mirror and realize you are a great football player, but you also kind of come off as a bit of a self absorbed douche and THAT is why people don't like you. Just sayin.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 10:03 PM)kevin Wrote: What I read wasn't him really complaining but just saying the NFL has never seen a black or African-American QB like him that scares the heck out of teams....but I thought of Warren Moon right away. Doug Williams was also Super Bowl MVP....Warren Moon was dominate in the Candian Football League when the NFL was all white QBs, and then he went to Houston Oilers and was very good. ....Cam may be the best if playing the race card, but Warren Moon was pretty darn good also.
You dont have to go back that far. Go back two years. Russell Wilson got a shit ton of praise from around the country. Go beat anybody at anything then dance around like a jackass and the amount of respect the opposing fans and team have for you will greatly diminish. I dont care if you are green. Being a sore winner will earn you more hate than love. 

Hell I hate Tom Brady just because he and Belicheat have that smug ***** look and act like they are better than everybody.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 01:43 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You dont have to go back that far. Go back two years. Russell Wilson got a shit ton of praise from around the country. Go beat anybody at anything then dance around like a jackass and the amount of respect the opposing fans and team have for you will greatly diminish. I dont care if you are green. Being a sore winner will earn you more hate than love. 

Hell I hate Tom Brady just because he and Belicheat have that smug ***** look and act like they are better than everybody.

(6 SB, 4 SB Rings, and 13 straight 10 or more win seasons would argue they are.)

But yeah, more or less. I think they were crushing the Falcons so badly that they decided to have an impromptu photoshoot on the sidelines.

[Image: r35918_800x450_16-9.jpg&w=580&h=326]

^^^^^^^^^^^
Didn't happen before or after a game, happened DURING a game they won 38-0... and it wasn't even the first time they had done it during a game this year.

Reply/Quote
It'd be nice if somehow both teams lost.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 02:17 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: It'd be nice if somehow both teams lost.

First ever SB tie? Or just both teams full on riot due to inept referees and leave the stadium, no contest?

Reply/Quote
I don't think you guys are understanding what Cam was saying. It is not about his abi,ities as a black QB. The NFL is used to that. What he meant when he said that the world had never seen a black QB like him was his attitude. There has never been a black QB who "showed out" like he does. WRs have been doing it for years. And white QBs get rich on their td celebrations (discount double check), but when Cam celebrates after a td he gets called a "spoiled brat" and accused of enciting nasty behavior in other fans.

It is a clear double standard. Many many other NFL players, including white QBs celebrate after tds, but foer some reason the first black QB to do it gets ripped by certain fans. So how can you possibly blame him for playing the race card when the facts support it.
Reply/Quote
We are used to our QBs being more reserved in the sense that they aren't the ones on the team showboating or doing the big celebrations. Leave it to WRs or other positions. Cam, however, likes to do that. Maybe white players are less likely to do that, maybe not. Maybe we are used to boring white QBs and we're unfairly holding Cam to their standards. If he were a WR, would we care as much?

I don't know. I like him, though. I'm surprised with how much he has progressed.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
People love and praise the discount double check dance. But hate the dab?!

Keep dabbin on em Cam.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Cam just needs to realize that you can't be both feared and loved and just go with the fear and be done with it. He is probably the scariest player in the league to opposing teams. Embrace it, Cam.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 10:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you guys are understanding what Cam was saying.  It is not about his abi,ities as a black QB.  The NFL is used to that.  What he meant when he said that the world had never seen a black QB like him was his attitude.  There has never been a black QB who "showed out" like he does.  WRs have been doing it for years.  And white QBs get rich on their td celebrations (discount double check), but when Cam celebrates after a td he gets called a "spoiled brat" and accused of enciting nasty behavior in other fans.

It is a clear double standard.  Many many other NFL players, including white QBs celebrate after tds, but foer some reason the first black QB to do it gets ripped by certain fans.  So how can you possibly blame him for playing the race card when the facts support it.

Just to play devils advocate,

I don't see Rodgers celebrating like that after just getting a first down.
Reply/Quote
Ocho Cinco had some wild antics and he never complained about being black. Oh well, I guess you have to be black to understand being black.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Not All End-Zone Celebrations Are Treated Equally
On recent study suggests that, like many other situations in which there is enforcement of a rule - excessive celebration calls might have something to do with race

By Rose Eveleth

Recent studies suggest that calls penalizing excessive celebration might have something to do with race. The New York Times writes that these penalties might be slapped on players in a non-random way:

The recent New York Times story suggests that its misuse goes beyond confusion or nit-picking and ventures into racism. They point to a study from July, in which researchers asked non-black men and women to read accounts of football plays. Here’s how the two accounts differ, according to the times:

In one version, a wide receiver named Malik Johnson makes a spectacular fingertip catch and sprints into the end zone. Then he spikes the ball in front of a defender named Jake Biermann, goes into his signature touchdown dance, flexes his muscles and waits for a reaction from the crowd. In a second version, everything is the same, except the wide receiver is Jake Biermann and the defender is Malik Johnson.

In other variations, the stories and names are the same but when the wide receiver — either Jake or Malik — scores he calmly flips the ball to the referee and trots to the sideline.

When study participants were asked to rate Malik and Jake on arrogance or humility, depending on their post-touchdown routine, the subjects rated them the same. But when they had to reward or penalize the players, the differences showed up. Malik was given a “hubris penalty” if he celebrated too much, while Jake was not. The study authors told the Times:

“The same pattern of blacks being punished more than whites seems to hold true both in the N.F.L. and in this experiment,” Livingston said. “I would conclude that the results are generalizable to N.F.L. referees.”

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/not-all-end-zone-celebrations-are-treated-equally-111975059/?no-ist

Nothing to see here, white folk, just move along.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 12:14 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Just to play devils advocate,

I don't see Rodgers celebrating like that after just getting a first down.

Are you just saying that to be saying it or are you for real?

Rodgers has celebrated after first downs as well. And when you say "like that" ....well Rodgers can't really dance either. 

People make a big deal out of nothing. 
I hope Cam Keeps smiling and dabbing on them. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's in the Superbowl and is probably going to be MVP but yeah find a way to talk about how you're at a disadvantage because of the color of your skin.

What a tool.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 02:34 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: He's in the Superbowl and is probably going to be MVP but yeah find a way to talk about how you're at a disadvantage because of the color of your skin.

What a tool.

He wasn't the one that brought it up.  he was not the one that made a big story about it at all.  It all started with fans crying and the media going into a frenxy over it.  All Cam did was answer a question when asked about it.

What is sad is that people like you hate on him for telling the truth when he answered the question.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not All End-Zone Celebrations Are Treated Equally
On recent study suggests that, like many other situations in which there is enforcement of a rule - excessive celebration calls might have something to do with race

By Rose Eveleth

Recent studies suggest that calls penalizing excessive celebration might have something to do with race. The New York Times writes that these penalties might be slapped on players in a non-random way:

The recent New York Times story suggests that its misuse goes beyond confusion or nit-picking and ventures into racism. They point to a study from July, in which researchers asked non-black men and women to read accounts of football plays. Here’s how the two accounts differ, according to the times:

In one version, a wide receiver named Malik Johnson makes a spectacular fingertip catch and sprints into the end zone. Then he spikes the ball in front of a defender named Jake Biermann, goes into his signature touchdown dance, flexes his muscles and waits for a reaction from the crowd. In a second version, everything is the same, except the wide receiver is Jake Biermann and the defender is Malik Johnson.

In other variations, the stories and names are the same but when the wide receiver — either Jake or Malik — scores he calmly flips the ball to the referee and trots to the sideline.

When study participants were asked to rate Malik and Jake on arrogance or humility, depending on their post-touchdown routine, the subjects rated them the same. But when they had to reward or penalize the players, the differences showed up. Malik was given a “hubris penalty” if he celebrated too much, while Jake was not. The study authors told the Times:

“The same pattern of blacks being punished more than whites seems to hold true both in the N.F.L. and in this experiment,” Livingston said. “I would conclude that the results are generalizable to N.F.L. referees.”

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/not-all-end-zone-celebrations-are-treated-equally-111975059/?no-ist

Nothing to see here, white folk, just move along.

Any link to the actual study? Or nah. Clicked through 3 extra links off of that and didn't find anything. 

Either way there are no specifics of the methods or actual results to look over so this "study" really holds no weight. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 01:57 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: People make a big deal out of nothing. 

Bingo.

Didn't this whole thing start out because of ONE letter some stuck up mom wrote about his dancing? Suddenly now everyone who hates Cam only hates him because they're racist.  Mellow
Reply/Quote