Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Newton Pulling Race Card
(01-29-2016, 03:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He wasn't the one that brought it up.  he was not the one that made a big story about it at all.  It all started with fans crying and the media going into a frenxy over it.  All Cam did was answer a question when asked about it.

What is sad is that people like you hate on him for telling the truth when he answered the question.

You're essentially making it a story when you're a big profile athlete by answering the question. Usually when you're under the spotlight as much as Cam you don't answer questions unless you deem them worthy of being asked in the first place because you're constantly on alert that you might be being baited.

What exactly is sad about that Fred? Should I use kid gloves on him and dumb down my opinion? Because it wasn't the truth he was telling like you stated. It was his opinion that critics chose to challenge him because he is black. I guess if your ego is big enough though there isn't much of a difference.

Quote:“I’m an African-American quarterback that scares people because they haven’t seen nothing that they can compare me to,” Newton said.

It's fabricated victimization. He has critics because he is a pro athlete,the face of a franchise and who happens to play a position were people expect a stoic leader not because he is black. If he was a wideout or tailback it wouldn't even be a discussion.

What's difference between McNabb and Newton? Here's a hint it's not their skin color.

What's the same between Manziel and Newton? Here's a hint it's not their skin color.

My guess is if Newton didn't try to read between the lines and actually took the criticism for what it is when people were telling him he was acting immature two things would've happened. We wouldn't be having this discussion and Newton wouldn't be acting similar to the way he does now.

What is really sad is that there are people out there who can't handle criticism and choose to write it off as a race issue instead of something they can improve upon.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 05:47 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: You're essentially making it a story when you're a big profile athlete by answering the question. Usually when you're under the spotlight as much as Cam you don't answer questions unless you deem them worthy of being asked in the first place because you're constantly on alert that you might be being bated.

What exactly is sad about that Fred? Should I use kid gloves on him and dumb down my opinion? Because it wasn't the truth he was telling like you stated. It was his opinion that critics chose to challenge him because he is black. I guess if your ego is big enough though there isn't much of a difference.

It's fabricated victimization. He has critics because he is a pro athlete,the face of a franchise and who happens to play a position were people expect a stoic leader not because he is black. If he was a wideout or tailback it wouldn't even be a discussion.

What's difference between McNabb and Newton? Here's a hint it's not their skin color.

What's the same between Manziel and Newton? Here's a hint it's not their skin color.

My guess is if Newton didn't read between the lines and actually took the criticism for what it is when people were telling him he was acting immature two things would've happened. We wouldn't be having this discussion and Newton wouldn't be acting similar to the way he does now.

What is really sad is that there are people out there who can't handle criticism and chose to write it off as a race issue instead of something they can improve upon.

There was a time when it was OK to simply not like a player on the other team.

Now there has to a "reason" beyond "he plays for the other guys".  As I often say I can think of a LOT of better reasons to not like someone than just the color of their skin.  Smirk

I don't even dislike him because he plays for the Panthers...I just think his a crybaby when he loses so the over the top stuff when he wins rings hollow to me.  But even *I* will admit he's gotten better as a QB throwing the ball than I thought he would.

[Image: 012916.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 05:47 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's fabricated victimization. He has critics because he is a pro athlete,the face of a franchise and who happens to play a position were people expect a stoic leader not because he is black. If he was a wideout or tailback it wouldn't even be a discussion.

This might make sense if white qbs didn't also have choreographed celebrations and not one person is accusing guys like Aaron Rodgers of being a "spoiled brat". 
Reply/Quote
Shut up Cam and conform.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This might make sense if white qbs didn't also have choreographed celebrations and not one person is accusing guys like Aaron Rodgers of being a "spoiled brat". 

It would make sense if there was a white QB who was called immature. Like Jay Cutler? He's not much of a dancer though.

Jim Mora: Jay Cutler 'completely immature' after Bears loss

This isn't anything new for Cutler. He just doesn't have the luxury to write it off as a race issue.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 06:34 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It would make sense if there was a white QB who was called immature. Like Jay Cutler? He's not much of a dancer though.

Jim Mora: Jay Cutler 'completely immature' after Bears loss

This isn't anything new for Cutler. He just doesn't have the luxury to write it off as a race issue.

Lol being called immature by one person = being thousands?? Being called immature for having fun = attitude with reporters? 

Media is blowing it up more than it should. Cam probably doesn't care what the haters say. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 06:51 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Lol being called immature by one person = being thousands?? Being called immature for having fun = attitude with reporters? 

Media is blowing it up more than it should. Cam probably doesn't care what the haters say. 

You think only one person thinks that? LOL

A whole lot of Jay Cutler’s ex-coaches are ripping him, anonymously

Jay Cutler: The NFL's Most Immature Person

Jay Cutler's attitude criticized by ex-Chicago Bear

Has Cutler had an attitude adjustment?

Champ Bailey: Broncos teammates disliked QB Jay Cutler
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 10:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And white QBs get rich on their td celebrations (discount double check), but when Cam celebrates after a td he gets called a "spoiled brat" and accused of enciting nasty behavior in other fans.

Aaron Rodgers' celebration:

Cam Newton's celebrations:

Yup, you're right Fred, almost identical situation, just different skin color. Clearly it can only be racism.   Ninja

Barry Sanders' "Celebrations" (1:07):

Oh, or that.

(If you click on the link, it'll take you there.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 07:27 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: You think only one person thinks that? LOL

A whole lot of Jay Cutler’s ex-coaches are ripping him, anonymously

Jay Cutler: The NFL's Most Immature Person

Jay Cutler's attitude criticized by ex-Chicago Bear

Has Cutler had an attitude adjustment?

Champ Bailey: Broncos teammates disliked QB Jay Cutler

wth????!!!?? 
These are two totally different scenarios. Compare apples to apples not apples to grape fruit. 
Some people hate on Cam because he dances, has fun, smiles, and gives footballs to kids. 

Has **** to do with a player disliked by coaches and team mate
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 03:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Aaron Rodgers' celebration:

Cam Newton's celebrations:

Yup, you're right Fred, almost identical situation, just different skin color. Clearly it can only be racism.   Ninja

Barry Sanders' "Celebrations" (1:07):
Oh, or that.

(If you click on the link, it'll take you there.)
Yes it is almost identical situations. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 06:19 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Shut up Cam and conform.

No, but shut up and let it go.

If he's "keeping it real" then just do it....whining that some people don't like it is asinine.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 10:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, but shut up and let it go.

If he's "keeping it real" then just do it....whining that some people don't like it is asinine.

He is.....as you say......"keeping it real".

He was never whining about anything....he never brought it up. MEDIA did. He probably cares less who "hates" on him. 

And lol.....I haven't heard..."keeping it real" in almost a decade.....thanks for the memories. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 12:15 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: He is.....as you say......"keeping it real".

He was never whining about anything....he never brought it up. MEDIA did. He probably cares less who "hates" on him. 

And lol.....I haven't heard..."keeping it real" in almost a decade.....thanks for the memories. 

Does Cam make you breakfast after spooning all night?
Reply/Quote
I don't like Newton because he is a dirty player.  Last year after his ankle got tangled up with Vontaze Burfict on a bang bang play, Cam kicked Burfict in the head.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 12:15 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: He is.....as you say......"keeping it real".

It's pretty obvious he does  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote

So I haven't see the video to tell what question he was responding to...but saying that:

Quote:“I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven’t seen nothing that they can compare me to,”

(Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article56857428.html#storylink=cpy)

Leads me to believe he DOES care...and I personally think he should not.

As I said, I don't like him because I don't like bad winners who are also sore losers (Richard Sherman) and he doesn't play for a team I like.

Isn't that enough?

I'll be the first to tell you there is a LOT of racism int he country.  But Cam being put down because he's a black QB?  Is this 1988?   Smirk 

Maybe he said "staying true to his roots" or some such nonsense instead?  How about "I like to have fun when I'm playing well.  I'm enthusiastic about the game.  If someone doesn't like it they don't have to watch."

It is tired and its boorish and it is a waste of time to even discuss really...the racists won't admit it and the rest of us don't have to like him whether he's white or black or green.

When he mans up after a loss I'll start respecting his act more.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 12:52 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Does Cam make you breakfast after spooning all night?

Nope but he showed me the pics after he finished screwing your Mom.  Shocked

I guess it's not a good thing to have a different opinion than you. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 01:36 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: It's pretty obvious he does  Mellow

Lol how? Did he bring it up or the media?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 01:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: So I haven't see the video to tell what question he was responding to...but saying that:

(Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article56857428.html#storylink=cpy)

Leads me to believe he DOES care...and I personally think he should not.

I could see that but IMO he responded after being asked so many times. He took the bait.

As I said, I don't like him because I don't like bad winners who are also sore losers (Richard Sherman) and he doesn't play for a team I like.

I could see that but IMO he responded after being asked so many times. He took the bait.

(01-30-2016, 01:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Isn't that enough?

Of course I agree....there are players we all hate for various reasons. But not all people think like that. Many many do hate him because of his skin. Some hate him because of his "culture".

(01-30-2016, 01:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: It is tired and its boorish and it is a waste of time to even discuss really...the racists won't admit it and the rest of us don't have to like him whether he's white or black or green.

When he mans up after a loss I'll start respecting his act more. 
I'm sure Cam cares
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 03:55 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I could see that but IMO he responded after being asked so many times. He took the bait.

Of course I agree....there are players we all hate for various reasons. But not all people think like that. Many many do hate him because of his skin. Some hate him because of his "culture".

I'm sure Cam cares

And your proof of this is a few random idiots on twitter? Lolz

That would be like me citing Wikipedia on my research project.  LMAO
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote