Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Newton Pulling Race Card
(01-30-2016, 03:55 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I could see that but IMO he responded after being asked so many times. He took the bait.

As I said, I don't like him because I don't like bad winners who are also sore losers (Richard Sherman) and he doesn't play for a team I like.

I could see that but IMO he responded after being asked so many times. He took the bait.

Of course I agree....there are players we all hate for various reasons. But not all people think like that. Many many do hate him because of his skin. Some hate him because of his "culture".

I'm sure Cam cares

Now *that* (manning up after a loss) I don't think he cares about.  Bad winners never care...which is why it is fun to make fun them being poor losers too.  Smirk

As to the rest I'll still say a person in his position is best to leave it alone and not answer it all or answer as "people are going to not like me for lots of reasons" and let it go.

Just my humble opinion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 04:16 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: And your proof of this is a few random idiots on twitter? Lolz

That would be like me citing Wikipedia on my research project.  LMAO

Where did I cite....quote....anything from Twitter?

Please try again. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 04:41 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Where did I cite....quote....anything from Twitter?

Please try again. 

What are you citing then? Social media? Your vast knowledge of white racism? Since the only other alternative is that you've just admitted to making a claim with zero evidence to back it up.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 05:06 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: What are you citing then? Social media? Your vast knowledge of white racism? Since the only other alternative is that you've just admitted to making a claim with zero evidence to back it up.  Mellow

I didn't cite anything.......what are you talking about?

What post? What claim? Lol
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 12:15 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: He is.....as you say......"keeping it real".

He was never whining about anything....he never brought it up. MEDIA did. He probably cares less who "hates" on him. 

And lol.....I haven't heard..."keeping it real" in almost a decade.....thanks for the memories. 

the media brought it up and he answered with "racism threaded in his answer".. so lets blame the media.. so if the media asked Cam if he was a "racist" and he said yes.. that mean it would be the media fault for asking the question.   

In the end, Cam seems a bit prejudice towards those of a different color by making a blanket statement without any hard evidence..  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What was wrong with the Superman gesture? It seems that opposing players don't like the ramped up celebrations either. I've never really liked the guy, stemming from his college days. It really has nothing to do with his end zone antics. If he had been doing the dance all along, maybe people wouldn't be on his case so much, but he went from the mundane Superman thing to showing up opposing teams. Fans and opponents notice these things, and don't like it. Is what it is.

I'll say this though, he has elevated his game further than I ever thought he would, he is to be commended for that. Fortunately for Cam, he has no bad habits, so his maturity does not hamper him a la Johnny Fartball. He also does quite a bit for kids. He's not a bad dude, from what I can tell, but the circumstances around his college career soured me on the guy. I'm a big CFB fan, so all of that still sticks in my mind.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 01:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: What was wrong with the Superman gesture?  It seems that opposing players don't like the ramped up celebrations either.  I've never really liked the guy, stemming from his college days.  It really has nothing to do with his end zone antics.  If he had been doing the dance all along, maybe people wouldn't be on his case so much, but he went from the mundane Superman thing to showing up opposing teams.  Fans and opponents notice these things, and don't like it.  Is what it is.

I'll say this though, he has elevated his game further than I ever thought he would, he is to be commended for that. Fortunately for Cam, he has no bad habits, so his maturity does not hamper him a la Johnny Fartball.  He also does quite a bit for kids.  He's not a bad dude, from what I can tell, but the circumstances around his college career soured me on the guy.  I'm a big CFB fan, so all of that still sticks in my mind.
Yeah same here. His college days gave me a bad lasting impression of him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 10:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you guys are understanding what Cam was saying.  It is not about his abi,ities as a black QB.  The NFL is used to that.  What he meant when he said that the world had never seen a black QB like him was his attitude.  There has never been a black QB who "showed out" like he does.  WRs have been doing it for years.  And white QBs get rich on their td celebrations (discount double check), but when Cam celebrates after a td he gets called a "spoiled brat" and accused of enciting nasty behavior in other fans.

It is a clear double standard.  Many many other NFL players, including white QBs celebrate after tds, but foer some reason the first black QB to do it gets ripped by certain fans.  So how can you possibly blame him for playing the race card when the facts support it.

+rep

Excellent point that Aaron Rodgers has entire commercials based around a TD celebration he may very well have started doing during a 6-10 season.  And I don't know that Tennessee woman personally, but I wouldn't be surprised if seeing a white guy dance around didn't make her fear for her daughter quite as much as seeing a boastful negro do it.

On a general note, when it comes to celebrations of any kind in sports I have two points:

#1 there is a whole squad of well-paid guys who are the cream of what they do on earth out there to stop someone like Cam from getting the chance to celebrate

#2 have you seen the way many fans act and celebrate when their team scores?  These are fans...no bearing on the game, didn't train their whole lives to score, aren't on the field living the dream they had their entire lives while they were working their hardest while everyone else was drinking beer and eating pizza (well, non o-linemen I guess) and so on.

Show me a fan who calmly says "We scored.  That is nice.  We may win the Super Bowl.  That would be an excellent outcome." and THAT is a fan who can MAAAAYBE criticize the way athletes respond. Acting like you wouldn't be off-puttingly exuberant after being one of the best people on earth at something reminds me of a friend of mine (who is a total nobody, mind you) who boasts that he love Coke so much that even if Pepsi gave him a million dollars he would NEVER EVER do a commercial for them.

You know what, nuts to it. If I, Nately120, happened to win the powerball (not that I play it) I would give 100% of it to charity, and if I were the NFL MVP I'd act as calm and dignified as anyone could imagine. Also, if I were rich and super handsome I would totally have the ugliest wife who had a heart of gold and not some sexy money-grubbing woman 30 years younger than me.

Also, if there were a lion right here, right now (and only right now, mind you) I would totally kick its ass. Lions are SO lucky they aren't here RIGHT NOW.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 11:55 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: In the end, Cam seems a bit prejudice towards those of a different color by making a blanket statement without any hard evidence..  

Except he does have hard evidence.

White QB Aaron Rodgers celebrates after a td and they make a series of commercials featuring his behavior.

Cam celebrates after a td and he gets letters calling him a "spoiled brat".
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Except he does have hard evidence.

White QB Aaron Rodgers celebrates after a td and they make a series of commercials featuring his behavior.

Not really.....nobody was saying a thing when he did the Superman gesture.....which is akin to Rodgers' little dopey move. This season, when he upped the ante and came off as rubbing it in people's faces, he caught flak. It isn't just the fans, look at the reaction he got against the Titans.....and he proceeded to do it over and over as teammates separated him from the defender. I think if he had been doing his dancing all along, he might not be getting the crap he is, but when he had a signature celebration, then ditched that one and went over the top, it comes off quite a bit differently than if he had been doing it all along. People feel he's showing them up, people don't like that.

Reply/Quote
Sure, he can have success, no one has an issue with that. Yet, he can't cuss out his teammates when they start screwing up, pointing fingers at defenders that mocked him, b****** for flags every play and disrespectfully calling out opposing players in post game conferences in condescending manners the way that Brady does. That part is reserved for QBs like Tom Brady. 

He can't birade his teammates because they dropped a pass or his line for missing a block, while selfishly wanting to throw every damned play, while taking any and every endorsement known to man to plaster himself on tv, and even calling his kicker 'Liquored Up', or throwing his entire offensive line under the bus after a playoff loss. That part is reserved for QBs like Peyton Manning.

He can't stand on a float, sipping Martinis, backing a coach who oversaw a 'hit' program on opposing players, running up scores just for the sake of tackling the record books, and completely turning down any resemblance of a hometown discount. That part is reserved for QBs like Drew Brees.

He can't jester around the field putting a Championship belt around his waist, jump around after scores like he's Mario from the NES, have to be separated from his HC on the sideline and get caught on film, completely blowing off an elderly lady fighting cancer who just wanted his autograph before he got on a flight. That part is reserved for QBs like Aaron Rodgers. And we can't even blame Rodgers for that. Oh no, he probably had to catch that flight. That plane was about to take to the sky in ten seconds. He didn't have time to stop and write one name (She was the only person around that approached him) on the hat of an elderly lady.

He can't openly buck his OC, because he didn't want the previous one to leave, openly call out his WRs on radio shows and embellish every injury he's ever had. No. That part is reserved for QBs like Ben Roethlisberger.
Reply/Quote
I don't think any Bengal fan can have a problem with Cam dancing in the endzone and after plays...

Jeremy Hill..... Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 07:10 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Sure, he can have success, no one has an issue with that. Yet, he can't cuss out his teammates when they start screwing up, pointing fingers at defenders that mocked him, b****** for flags every play and disrespectfully calling out opposing players in post game conferences in condescending manners the way that Brady does. That part is reserved for QBs like Tom Brady. 

He can't birade his teammates because they dropped a pass or his line for missing a block, while selfishly wanting to throw every damned play, while taking any and every endorsement known to man to plaster himself on tv, and even calling his kicker 'Liquored Up', or throwing his entire offensive line under the bus after a playoff loss. That part is reserved for QBs like Peyton Manning.

He can't stand on a float, sipping Martinis, backing a coach who oversaw a 'hit' program on opposing players, running up scores just for the sake of tackling the record books, and completely turning down any resemblance of a hometown discount. That part is reserved for QBs like Drew Brees.

He can't jester around the field putting a Championship belt around his waist, jump around after scores like he's Mario from the NES, have to be separated from his HC on the sideline and get caught on film, completely blowing off an elderly lady fighting cancer who just wanted his autograph before he got on a flight. That part is reserved for QBs like Aaron Rodgers. And we can't even blame Rodgers for that. Oh no, he probably had to catch that flight. That plane was about to take to the sky in ten seconds. He didn't have time to stop and write one name (She was the only person around that approached him) on the hat of an elderly lady.

He can't openly buck his OC, because he didn't want the previous one to leave, openly call out his WRs on radio shows and embellish every injury he's ever had. No. That part is reserved for QBs like Ben Roethlisberger.

HA this post was awesome. It would be sweet if you could write one for every QB in the league. You make very good points.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 07:10 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Sure, he can have success, no one has an issue with that. Yet, he can't cuss out his teammates when they start screwing up, pointing fingers at defenders that mocked him, b****** for flags every play and disrespectfully calling out opposing players in post game conferences in condescending manners the way that Brady does. That part is reserved for QBs like Tom Brady. 

Actually he can do all those things...and more.

And if I don't like him it is because he plays for a team other than the one I root for.  Not because hes black.

But he thinks America has never seen a QB like him it is his ego that make me like him less.  Just like Brady.  But brady is white.   Sad

Cam had the opportunity to say it doesn't matter why some people don't like him or his celebrations.  Instead he fell back on it being because he's black.  And, again, while I'd be the first to say there is plenty of racism alive and well in America...this is still sports.  We can dislike a guy who plays well for another team for LOTS of reasons.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Except he does have hard evidence.

Cam also comes with a history.  From the stolen computer to his dad selling him to the highest bidding college to his sulking during his first few seasons when things didn't go his way and the team lost.

Bad loser...bad winner.  He deserves flack for that.

And, again, he doesn't play for "my" team...so I can dislike him all I want.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 10:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Actually he can do all those things...and more.

And if I don't like him it is because he plays for a team other than the one I root for.  Not because hes black.

But he thinks America has never seen a QB like him it is his ego that make me like him less.  Just like Brady.  But brady is white.   Sad

Cam had the opportunity to say it doesn't matter why some people don't like him or his celebrations.  Instead he fell back on it being because he's black.  And, again, while I'd be the first to say there is plenty of racism alive and well in America...this is still sports.  We can dislike a guy who plays well for another team for LOTS of reasons.

Yep.....and he's pretending Mike Vick never happened......well.....I guess he's right, Vick never rubbed people's faces in it.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 10:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Actually he can do all those things...and more.

Who said YOU didn't like him because of his skin color?

You racist Ninja
Reply/Quote
When has there been a QB do similar things on the field and get 'THIS LEVEL' of scrutiny leading up to their Super Bowl appearance?

Glad Cam is having fun for a successful year, makes up for those years he didn't get it done. Seize the day or something like that. Haters going to hate, LMAO
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 12:36 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Who said YOU didn't like him because of his skin color?

You racist Ninja

I know...I'm just continuing the conversation about him saying it is race in response to the question he was asked.

Honestly if HE thinks it is racism that's his to own and he has his own experiences to draw from.  I just wish he would have answered differently.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 11:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....and he's pretending Mike Vick never happened......well.....I guess he's right, Vick never rubbed people's faces in it.

Mike Vick?  Seriously?  the guy known for flipping the bird to fans and media?  That is the guy who is not as bad a Cam?
Reply/Quote