Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Newton is a Patriot
(07-11-2020, 05:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  Especially with that defense.

This.

That defense is sick.

As for Cam, it seems most people form their opinion of him based on his personality.  He is not a great passer, but he is pretty good.  He used to be a freak running the ball, but I don't see that happening much anymore.  His whole body is busted up.

When he came out of college I said he would be a bust because all he did at Auburn was make one read and then run over colleeg boys.  He did not seeem like an advanced passing QB, and his running prowess was based more on size and strength like instead of evasiveness like Vick or Jackson.  I did not think he would be able to run over bigger stronger NFL players.

The year he won the MVP and went to the Supr Bowl he had no really good WRs.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The year he won the MVP and went to the Supr Bowl he had no really good WRs.

He did have one hellova TE though, which was a product of a poor WR corps.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes they probably have the best secondary in football; no question one of the best. But the best thing i can say about the front 7 is that Bill B is the head coach. They lost Van Noy and Collins.

Early depth chart- Lawrence Guy, Adam Butler, John Simon, Brandon Copeland, Ja'whaun Bentley, Donta Hightower, Chase Winovich

Can that group hold up against even average running teams? Will a lack of pass rush hurt the secondary? I still have major questions. In the end i'd guess they're a #10-15 ranked defense aided by a low scoring division.
Reply/Quote