Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gruden in Hot Water
(07-17-2020, 07:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Were they?  Or are these simply allegations that could later be unfounded?  I'm not here to chide or scold you, but the entire "rush to judgement" culture is one of the bigger underlying issues in our modern society.  The events may or may not have happened, but for the world to pass judgement and condemn, before a full investigation and revelation of facts is just appalling.

Now, how is this situation going to potentially affect the NFL?  That is the question that we should be talking about.  This is after all, a football forum.  Wink

Oh, I absolutely agree with you. I should've said "allegedly". I meant the allegations, awful as they are, were not as awful as some were hinting at.

As far as affecting the NFL, we'll see if this was an isolated situation. Last month, a pro wrestler was accused of rape, then a few more were named and within a week over two dozen were facing accusations ranging from inappropriate behavior to assault to rape. Once one fairly well known wrestler was named, other stories came out.

If anyone from other NFL franchises is going say something about their experiences, they're going to do it now.
Reply/Quote
There is a video of Jay smoking a joint and all over a woman who wasn't his wife circulating the internet. So it's not like he isn't in hot water with his wife. Also according to DJ swearanger he challenged him to a fight.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2900617-dj-swearinger-calls-out-ex-washington-nfl-coach-jay-gruden-with-ig-text-image.amp.html
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
From SportingNews...

As of Thursday evening, the Redskins had parted ways with each of the people accused of sexual harassment in the Post's report. Michael, Santos and Gershman left over the past two weeks, while the others had previously moved on from the organization.

Larry Michael (radio broadcaster)
Alex Santos (director of pro personnel)
Richard Mann II (assistant director of pro personnel)
Dennis Greene (president of business operations)
Mitch Gershman (chief operating officer)

If all or even some of the allegations are true, this goes right to Dan Snyder. These are big names on the list who report directly to him and/or work in the front office, not football ops.

I'm not a 'rush to judgement' person. It's possible that some or all of the women may be looking to cash in on the chaos in DC. But man there sure is a lot of smoke and people have already been fired. There are still a lot of 'Skins fans around Baltimore from back when the Colts left town and the ones I know are just tired of the team overall. A lot of Ravens bandwagon jumpers. It's not good for business. So if anything, I strongly believe this will lead other organizations to make sure their team doesn't have these issues in the building. People who have power must also have integrity. Personally I'm not sure I'd want to hire many females, which isn't fair to them of course, but you'll never stop fraternization of all kinds, everywhere in your workplace. Sorry if the last sentence 'triggers' but I bet others who work high up in football are thinking it. When a bunch of men and women work together there will always at least be flirting. And things can go sideways fast.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 04:03 AM)J24 Wrote: There is a video of Jay smoking a joint and all over a woman who wasn't his wife circulating the internet. So it's not like he isn't in hot water with his wife. Also according to DJ swearanger he challenged him to a fight.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2900617-dj-swearinger-calls-out-ex-washington-nfl-coach-jay-gruden-with-ig-text-image.amp.html

Well the day I started the thread there was a story floating on how Gruden benched Kapri Bibbs? because he was dating the girl Gruden wanted to be with, but I could find nothing (all still have not) to substantiate it, so I didn't share. Someone around here would have definitely lost his shit if I did
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Washington Redwhatevers win the off-season again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote