Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Newton is a Patriot
It has been reported by ESPN and confirmed by PFT
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I figured this would end up happening. Had a bunch of people here telling me how he’s not a good fit for Belichick, but at the end of the day the hoodie just wants to win. And Cam has proven he can take a team to the Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote
IF Cam is healthy, they’ll do some sort of copy of the Ravens O with improvements and take the league by storm. It’ll honestly be fun to watch if they can get Cam back to his old Superman self.
Reply/Quote
Solidifies them as favorites for the AFC East!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Was a smart move by NE.. 1 yr at 7.5 m but Cam has been very up and down in his career with just 3 winning seasons, outside of SB run, he has not lived up to his 1st pick in draft and is polar opposite to Brady when it comes to turnovers.. will be interesting to see if this works out.
Reply/Quote
I can see his outfit for his first press conference now. Powdered wig and colonial attire lol. It will be interesting to see if BB let’s him have fun...
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2020, 11:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I can see his outfit for his first press conference now. Powdered wig and colonial attire lol. It will be interesting to see if BB let’s him have fun...

If he wears that I might actually start to like him lol
Reply/Quote
So much for all the Stidham hype. I'm interested in how he fits too. Do they use the same short/medium route, timing based passing offense? Do they believe he can be consistent enough in his accuracy for 10+ play drives?

I do think they'll run the ball more but I can't see them going full on Ravens read option. Not sure if they even have enough good blocking TEs to pull it off. They lost their beast fullback Devlin and drafted two rookie TEs I believe.

With Cam's health in question and the amount of miles he already has, would doubt they'd call as many designed QB runs as he had in Carolina. He's a much more physical runner than Lamar and doesn't have the same speed to get to the sideline as Lamar does. Much respect to Cam as a player though. He's never had the best of weapons and still puts up points anyway.
Reply/Quote
Good. I don't like Cam, I don't like the Patriots, perfect fit.

Sadly, this will possibly end all hopes for a mediocre Pats team. I consider it unseemly to reduce Cam to a running QB and also doubt the Pats will look anything like the Ravens with him. I think Cam is a great QB though and Belichik will know exactly how to utilize him well.
Reply/Quote
If the 2020 season happens it's going to seem like a fever dream due to the QB swapping alone. With this move I can see the downer take being that Cam was right to be overlooked by the rest of the NFL and is damaged goods. The super optimistic take would be that this is the Manning to the Broncos move 2.0.

Former 1st overall pick who was released following a season where he had a major injury lands on a good franchise to see what he can do. Again, at least something interesting is going on.
Reply/Quote
See guys this is proof that if we held onto Andy Dalton we could have traded him to the Patriots! Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2020, 11:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: IF Cam is healthy, they’ll do some sort of copy of the Ravens O with improvements and take the league by storm. It’ll honestly be fun to watch if they can get Cam back to his old Superman self.

Cam is too old and injured to run an offense like that.  But it will be interesting to see what Belichick can get out of him.

Will the system make Cam look good like it did with Cassell, Brisset, and Garapollo?

Or will Bill get as much out of Cam as he did with Albert Haynesworth and Ochocinco? 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Cam is too old and injured to run an offense like that.  But it will be interesting to see what Belichick can get out of him.

Will the system make Cam look good like it did with Cassell, Brisset, and Garapollo?

Or will Bill get as much out of Cam as he did with Albert Haynesworth and Ochocinco? 

I predict the latter vs. the former.

Does anyone really think this is a good fit?

Cam is a big baby with a big ego, that pouts at the least little bit of adversity or criticism, and he's going to one of the most high profile, huge expectation places in football with a coach that does things his way and brokers no bullshit.  I wouldn't be surprised if Cam is cut before the season starts.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2020, 12:00 PM)Stewy Wrote: I predict the latter vs. the former.

Does anyone really think this is a good fit?

Cam is a big baby with a big ego, that pouts at the least little bit of adversity or criticism, and he's going to one of the most high profile, huge expectation places in football with a coach that does things his way and brokers no bullshit.  I wouldn't be surprised if Cam is cut before the season starts.

Similar things were said about Randy Moss when he went there...
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 11:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Similar things were said about Randy Moss when he went there...

Randy Moss wasn't in charge of the offense, and wasn't running it.  Cam has been a disruptive whiney ***** when things haven't gone his way, and that won't change.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2020, 02:20 PM)Stewy Wrote: Randy Moss wasn't in charge of the offense, and wasn't running it.  Cam has been a disruptive whiney ***** when things haven't gone his way, and that won't change.

I agree, I see Cam and Belichick as a clash of personalities.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hard for me to think that bill would actualy want that kind of guy as his qb. even if hes a backup.
Reply/Quote
Clashing of personalities doesn’t matter if they are winning games... Gronk survived in NE for quite some time....
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2020, 04:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Clashing of personalities doesn’t matter if they are winning games... Gronk survived in NE for quite some time....

you can t compare gronk to cam. 
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2020, 05:10 PM)Bruce Wrote: you can t compare gronk to cam. 

Why not? Gronks personality didn’t ‘mesh’ with BB and they made it work.
Reply/Quote