Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Newton is a Patriot
(07-05-2020, 04:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Clashing of personalities doesn’t matter if they are winning games... Gronk survived in NE for quite some time....

That is a good point, winning games makes unsavory parts of life much more tolerable.  One thing that is for sure, we'll all finally know the answer to weather is was Tom Brady's decision making on the field, or BB's coaching that led to all of the Patriot's past success.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2020, 08:38 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is a good point, winning games makes unsavory parts of life much more tolerable.  One thing that is for sure, we'll all finally know the answer to weather is was Tom Brady's decision making on the field, or BB's coaching that led to all of the Patriot's past success.

I feel the Matt Cassle year has given a clue to what the answer is... BB will do alright without Tom. However, I don’t think BB would have nearly the success he has had in the playoffs without Brady. Brady has ice in his veins in crunch time. They really were the perfect combination.
Reply/Quote
I think Cam will do great this upcoming season for the Pats. Then get a good contract with them or another team the next year.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2020, 07:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, I see Cam and Belichick as a clash of personalities.

[Image: 106547116_10157496352102194_548828954700...e=5F292759]

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2020, 10:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 106547116_10157496352102194_548828954700...e=5F292759]

Ma’am Newton lol
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2020, 04:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Clashing of personalities doesn’t matter if they are winning games... Gronk survived in NE for quite some time....

Personalities are not singular.. Gronk was much more outgoing and character driven.. I don;t see that in Cam.. I rarely saw Gronk throw fits on sideline etc.. but really what I don;t see as a good fit is not personality but where Cam us not subpar or average at which does not fit well with NE style.

1. He is prone to turnovers
2.  Lack of accuracy
3. holds ball a bit long

This are areas that NE has excelled in.. so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.. i predict a subpar season for NE standards.. and probably no playoffs.. I think Buffalo is the team on the rise and I don;t think NE will have a good enough record for wild card..
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2020, 05:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Personalities are not singular.. Gronk was much more outgoing and character driven.. I don;t see that in Cam.. I rarely saw Gronk throw fits on sideline etc.. but really what I don;t see as a good fit is not personality but where Cam us not subpar or average at which does not fit well with NE style.

2.  Lack of accuracy
3. holds ball a bit long

This are areas that NE has excelled in.. so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.. i predict a subpar season for NE standards.. and probably no playoffs.. I think Buffalo is the team on the rise and I don;t think NE will have a good enough record for wild card..

How is Cam “prone to turnovers”? His INT% is 2.7. Which is right around guys like Dalton and Rivers. Not great, but it’s hardly Winston territory (3.5) either.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2020, 05:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Personalities are not singular.. Gronk was much more outgoing and character driven.. I don;t see that in Cam.. I rarely saw Gronk throw fits on sideline etc.. but really what I don;t see as a good fit is not personality but where Cam us not subpar or average at which does not fit well with NE style.

2.  Lack of accuracy
3. holds ball a bit long

You know who also throws fits on the sideline??? Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 09:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How is Cam “prone to turnovers”? His INT% is 2.7. Which is right around guys like Dalton and Rivers. Not great, but it’s hardly Winston territory (3.5) either.

Funny that has been one of the critics of Dalton was Ints.. but when we throw Cam in the discussion it goes to not great.. As I stated when you compare to how NE  setup, they don;t turn the ball over much and Newton raises that over Brady.....
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 03:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You know who also throws fits on the sideline??? Tom Brady.

Brady was the GOAT and has earned some of the temper but I also believe in the last few years, that temper on sidelines hurt his relationship with Bill and notice that they moved on from him.. My comparison was to Gronk since that is who you compared him too.. 

In the end I don;t think personality will be the issue as much as subpar performance of team.. that is my gut.. Newton is a good Qb in his career not great especially for a  the #1 pick .. I just don;t see this great ride to SB/Playoffs with a QB that has not played much last couple years struggled with injuries and going into a system that I don't see as a great fit... but he does have one advantage he has the greatest Coach in the NFL so with Bill he could surprise me...
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 03:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You know who also throws fits on the sideline??? Tom Brady.

Are you kidding?  Have you even looked at the men on the sidelines in these situations?

Brady - Angry and trying motivate himself and others around him.  Expecting....no DEMANDING better performance from himself and others.

Cam - "Look at me.  Look at me.  I'm so sad and depressed because we're losing.  *sulk sulk sulk*  Where's the camera? *sulk sulk sulk*  It needs to see how sad I am."

One motivates others and they rally around him.

The other makes no one want to have anything to do with him on the sidelines.

They could not be more different
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 11:31 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny that has been one of the critics of Dalton was Ints.. but when we throw Cam in the discussion it goes to not great.. As I stated when you compare to how NE  setup, they don;t turn the ball over much and Newton raises that over Brady.....

Maybe you haven’t watched much of him, but Cam’s game has just a bit more versatility than Andy Dalton’s...

Also, almost anyone will “raise over Brady” wrt INTS. He just doesn’t throw them much. Only Rodgers, Dak, and Wentz have better percentages out of all the starters around the league.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 09:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His INT% is 2.7. Which is right around guys like Dalton 

It is good of you to point out that Dalton was not prone to interceptions.

But Cam fumbled more than Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is good of you to point out that Dalton was not prone to interceptions.

But Cam fumbled more than Dalton. 

Gee, I wonder why Cam would have more fumbles...

Reply/Quote
Cam is a good QB not great or elite but if anyone can raise his game it will be Bill.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gee, I wonder why Cam would have more 
Maybe because he lacks ball security.  Which will be another concern in NE..  
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 02:48 PM)Stewy Wrote: Are you kidding?  Have you even looked at the men on the sidelines in these situations?

Brady - Angry and trying motivate himself and others around him.  Expecting....no DEMANDING better performance from himself and others.

Cam - "Look at me.  Look at me.  I'm so sad and depressed because we're losing.  *sulk sulk sulk*  Where's the camera? *sulk sulk sulk*  It needs to see how sad I am."

One motivates others and they rally around him.

The other makes no one want to have anything to do with him on the sidelines.

They could not be more different

They certainly are different, but the point is plenty of good players sulk and throw fits. I’ve seen great players toss entire benches of Gatorade or leave to go to the locker room early (sulking). The point is, lots of great players throw fits, all in their own way, and still perform on the field.

Will Cam do well in NE? No idea. But I think it will be poor performance on the field that gets him sulking rather than the reverse of that.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 10:51 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Maybe because he lacks ball security.  Which will be another concern in NE..  

Or maybe because he’s rushed for 4806 yds and 58 TD’s...

Fumbles happen when you have the ball that much.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or maybe because he’s rushed for 4806 yds and 58 TD’s...

Fumbles happen when you have the ball that much.

So does Ints.. and your point is ??? but back to the actual point i made in this thread was .. Newton does turn the ball over more than the typical NE team.. it will be interesting to see if Bill can reduce his turnover rate ..
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2020, 12:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So does Ints.. and your point is ??? but back to the actual point i made in this thread was .. Newton does turn the ball over more than the typical NE team.. it will be interesting to see if Bill can reduce his turnover rate ..

That would be much more on Josh McDaniels than BB. But personally I think it would be pretty stupid to ask Cam to change his game.

If he’s healthy they’re going to win a lot of games. Especially with that defense.

Reply/Quote