Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ProFootBall411 debunked as Fake Source
Just a heads up because I've seen some folks quote them as a valid source for information, they were outed as a false account having fake NFL inside connections. It's actually an account based in KY, wouldn't be surprised if it was someone from this board actually...JK...kind of. Smirk

https://twitter.com/JPepperwoodPI/status/1244472961651916801?s=20
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
So, I know there was as fair number of hits that that account had for us. Like I think they reported we had spoken to Bell before we signed him. They may have been early on the Bynes signing, if I recall correctly...

Were those cases of them just slinging shit at a wall and getting lucky that a few stuck or were they just quoting a more reputable source or something?
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 02:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So, I know there was as fair number of hits that that account had for us. Like I think they reported we had spoken to Bell before we signed him. They may have been early on the Bynes signing, if I recall correctly...

Were those cases of them just slinging shit at a wall and getting lucky that a few stuck or were they just quoting a more reputable source or something?

They ALL were just flinging shit.

TBF, the whole Bell thing was us and the Cowboys (who were shown to NEVER have public interest) and as 'holic showed, they posted their news after EVERY reputable outlet had theirs.

Kudos to Westcoast for finding the tweet that outed the prick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I think it's important not to overlook the fact that some kid in his mom's basement got thousands of clicks out of this.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well now, we all can assuredly sleep better tonight knowing this information.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 03:22 PM)McC Wrote: I think it's important not to overlook the fact that some kid in his mom's basement got thousands of clicks out of this.

According to the tweets, actually a middle-aged 49ers superfan with a family, who is beyond religious.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Shouldmapads News Resource reports that the Bengals will draft Joe Burrow with the #1 pick of the draft.

Click away on their twitter account bitches. Nervous

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Not sure why so many people took it seriously in the first place. There were flashing neon signs screaming fake/troll account:

- He had been around for 9 years, and only started posting about sources and inside info THIS month.

- The claim that he had a staff and board room for a Twitter account, and constantly patting himself on the back.

- Every time he posted that he had 'broke a story', a quick Google search proved he simply copied the original source.

The craziest part is there are still some people on Twitter defending it...even after it was busted and deleted. Mellow
Reply/Quote
In case anyone wanted to give kudos to the person who debunked this clown it was Julius Pepperwood. Excop, exmarine, and current private investigator. He's from Chicago. And has a whole series of books about him

https://giphy.com/gifs/love-real-4PmFWshK0lpEk
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 06:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not sure why so many people took it seriously in the first place. There were flashing neon signs screaming fake/troll account:

- He had been around for 9 years, and only started posting about sources and inside info THIS month.

- The claim that he had a staff and board room for a Twitter account, and constantly patting himself on the back.

- Every time he posted that he had 'broke a story', a quick Google search proved he simply copied the original source.

The craziest part is there are still some people on Twitter defending the account...even after it was busted and deleted.  Mellow

Maybe he started this diabolical troll campaign in his mind 9 years ago, but had a speedbump and got sent upstate for 9 years?   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Was it really that big of a deal? He didn't really scam anyone out of anything, did he?

Maybe it was a brilliant experiment to see how quickly people jump on what looks like a hot news flash. And hell, he even got investigators on the job. I think it's pretty hilarious.

There was no money involved, was there?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Saw Pepperwood's thread this morning and just grinned.

I think it's a big deal because it's like every time you ever studied hard for a test or worked hard on a paper and some idiot cheats and gets away with it. As an educator, I've caught enough plagiarizers in my day that this sort of thing just annoys the hell out of me. I mean literally, right after Ian Rapaport reported that "all options are on the table for Andy Dalton," this dude comes out with "my sources tell me all options are on the table for Andy Dalton." (which in essence isn't a report at all for either one of them).

It also reflects a broader information literacy problem in this country. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

He's been tying us to Cam Wake by the way... because Dehner's been floating that connection for a while now, and at most maybe because you can connect Wake to both Anarumo and Taylor in Miami. So if it happens let's not give him any credit.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 08:46 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Saw Pepperwood's thread this morning and just grinned.

I think it's a big deal because it's like every time you ever studied hard for a test or worked hard on a paper and some idiot cheats and gets away with it. As an educator, I've caught enough plagiarizers in my day that this sort of thing just annoys the hell out of me. I mean literally, right after Ian Rapaport reported that "all options are on the table for Andy Dalton," this dude comes out with "my sources tell me all options are on the table for Andy Dalton." (which in essence isn't a report at all for either one of them).

It also reflects a broader information literacy problem in this country. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

He's been tying us to Cam Wake by the way... because Dehner's been floating that connection for a while now, and at most maybe because you can connect Wake to both Anarumo and Taylor in Miami. So if it happens let's not give him any credit.

The Wake thing was at least kind of funny. Initially, he claimed that he 'broke the story' that Wake was retiring. The only problem was that he was copying the info that Courtney Fallon had reported, and Wake's agent came out and said that Fallon's reporting was wrong. He then had to do a 180 because stealing other peoples stuff bit him in the ass on that one. LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 09:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Wake thing was at least kind of funny. Initially, he claimed that he 'broke the story' that Wake was retiring. The only problem was that he was copying the info that Courtney Fallon had reported, and Wake's agent came out and said that Fallon's reporting was wrong. He then had to do a complete 180 because stealing other peoples stuff bit him in the ass on that one. LOL

You have to admire his ability to adapt...

In related news; my sources tell me the Bengals are finalizing a trade for George Kittle.

The deal just fell through...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 06:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not sure why so many people took it seriously in the first place. There were flashing neon signs screaming fake/troll account:

- He had been around for 9 years, and only started posting about sources and inside info THIS month.

- The claim that he had a staff and board room for a Twitter account, and constantly patting himself on the back.

The craziest part is there are still some people on Twitter defending it...even after it was busted and deleted.  Mellow

You did call him out Holic, well done as usual you can see through the bullshit. Mellow
Reply/Quote