Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Taylor-Britt surgery
Cam had surgery on his injured core muscle on Monday Sports hernia surgery recovery can be anywhere from 6-12 weeks.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's a bummer. I do wonder if Bates ends up back before end of training camp if we don't see Hill basically not coming off the field and playing a bit of all positions, including outside corner.
Reply/Quote
Shades of Chris Perry
Reply/Quote
F***

I would love to know what they did because an muscle injuries don’t just go away. Same as hammy injuries. You use those muscles so much there’s never really time to actually heal.

Ngl i was penciling CTB in to be a contributor this year. I’m very upset if he can’t find a way to become a rotational guy.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Man, we've had some rotten luck drafting corners the past 10 years. WJ3, DD, DreK... none of the Day 2s & 3s have amounted to much either. We've done better filling that room via free agency/*trade, especially under Lou (Chido, Apple, Flowers, Hilton).

I just hope this is a one-off and not a sign of things to come.
Reply/Quote
Its okay we got time to Wait for him to get healthy...
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 03:19 PM)Housh Wrote: Ngl i was penciling CTB in to be a contributor  this year. I’m very upset if he can’t find a way to become a rotational guy.

Agreed. Even worse, I see it as collateral damage for not having clarity around JB30. I doubt they would've have drafted 3 DBs otherwise, and maybe CTB wouldn't even be here. But it's not worth griping over, that's football. It's just frustrating.
Reply/Quote
Apple it is....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Damn.

It's a good thing Bengals still have Apple.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 02:55 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Shades of Chris Perry

Huh? How?

- different schools
- different rounds
- different positions
- different injuries

I don't see any comparison aside from the colour of their skin and the NCAA conference they played in.

(08-19-2022, 03:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Apple it is....

Which is fine, as he had a very good year last year and by all accounts, has looked superb in camp.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Disappointing but it's not the end of the world + he can come back later in the season. He is probably the 5th guy on the depth chart behind Flowers anyways.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bummer . I’m very anxious to see him play.
Reply/Quote
Definitely will hurt the depth at the position but I don’t think he was going to get a bunch of meaningful snaps in the first month of the season anyways.
Reply/Quote
Our CB depth is really bad. Who do we even have after our top 2? Maybe I'm just not thinking of people and it's not as bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 04:21 PM)TheFan Wrote: Our CB depth is really bad. Who do we even have after our top 2? Maybe I'm just not thinking of people and it's not as bad.

Mike Hilton
Chido Aw......
Eli Apple be the top 3. i think

Then Tre Flowers

Them some davis's and others

Cam-Taylor is currently backing up Eli Apple
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 04:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mike Hilton
Chido Aw......
Eli Apple be the top 3. i think

Then Tre Flowers

Them some davis's and others

Cam-Taylor is currently backing up Eli Apple

IF Bates starts on time, Dax Hill should be the dime back and can match up on big TEs and some slot guys.  The thing is, most of the depth are nickle types that aren't ideal outside.  I could see an older cut vet as a solid stopgap.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 04:38 PM)phil413 Wrote: IF Bates starts on time, Dax Hill should be the dime back and can match up on big TEs and some slot guys.  The thing is, most of the depth are nickle types that aren't ideal outside.  I could see an older cut vet as a solid stopgap.  

i would plan to go forward without bates....  even if he returns he wont be ready to play right away
Reply/Quote
Well I better prep my Eli apple hate for this season
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 04:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Disappointing but it's not the end of the world + he can come back later in the season. He is probably the 5th guy on the depth chart behind Flowers anyways.

If its a sports hernia its a 3-6 week recovery time.  3 weeks until week 1 which means theres a chance he can play week 1 I don't get the sky is falling act from people in this thread. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 02:30 PM)pally Wrote: Cam had surgery on his injured core muscle on Monday  Sports hernia surgery recovery can be anywhere from 6-12 weeks.  

Oh man, this one sucks. I thought CTB could push for a starting spot this year over Apple but that may not be the case 
after this. This will really slow down his growth this year as a rookie. But if this is only the Preseason it could also not be 
that bad and could be a blessing in disguise for all we know.

I just didn't want an Ossai type of injury to any of our rookies this preseason. This doesn't sound nearly that bad.
Reply/Quote