Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam Taylor-Britt surgery
(08-19-2022, 05:30 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: If its a sports hernia its a 3-6 week recovery time.  3 weeks until week 1 which means theres a chance he can play week 1 I don't get the sky is falling act from people in this thread. 

I think it's a few things. The first is that he's a rookie. That's probably the most important thing for me. NFL bodies are bigger, stronger and more skilled, and soo much faster. It takes a while for rookies to get up to speed- even when they're healthy. 

D'Ante, for example, got hurt last year and didn't see action post-meniscus until December... and it's not like this team couldn't have used the help lol. Even in that game he played just three snaps in jumbo packages. He did start one, but that was in the last week against Cleveland which might as well have been preseason. If anything, it goes to show that it's not that he was still hurt. He was just so raw that they didn't know how to get him on the field responsibly. In the playoffs he was relegated to heavies and field goals. So the first few months of the season really are crucial for these kids. 

Second, I would leave room for this injury being of the serious sort. Granted I'm speculating and there were some pleasant surprises last year, but normally when the Bengals say 4 to 8 weeks I assume the worst. It's similar to D'Ante in that it goes beyond 'recovery time': you won't just throw them to the wolves when everyone else is already cooking. This league is brutal. It's hard enough for veterans to hit the ground running mid-season, forget about rookies who've never seen any pre-season action. I haven't given up on CTB but I'm not sure how much he'll contribute this year. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can sign Trae Waynes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well that’s disappointing. It seems to have shifted from our 1st round picks to our 2nd rounders the last couple years.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 05:30 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: If its a sports hernia its a 3-6 week recovery time.  3 weeks until week 1 which means theres a chance he can play week 1 I don't get the sky is falling act from people in this thread. 

Haven't seen much of the "sky is falling" just some acknowledgement of terrible luck with drafting corners lately which is true, and some disappointment in a guy people had hope for being injured and needing surgery.

The only player this team could lose that would ruin the season is Burrow. Every other player would be a loss or a downgrade, but this team can win as long as Burrow is healthy and good to go.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 11:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Haven't seen much of the "sky is falling" just some acknowledgement of terrible luck with drafting corners

(08-19-2022, 02:55 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Shades of Chris Perry

(08-19-2022, 03:19 PM)Housh Wrote: F***

I would love to know what they did because an muscle injuries don’t just go away. Same as hammy injuries. You use those muscles so much there’s never really time to actually heal.

Ngl i was penciling CTB in to be a contributor this year. I’m very upset if he can’t find a way to become a rotational guy.

(08-19-2022, 03:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Apple it is....

^^^

Awfully negative responses for an injury that may not even hold CTB out until game 2 or 3. Chris Perry's career for example was about 20 games total.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 12:08 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: ^^^

Awfully negative responses for an injury that may not even hold CTB out until game 2 or 3.  Chris Perry's career for example was about 20 games total.

The Chris Perry one was absolutely over the top and really out of nowhere.

The other two you quoted don't really seem like much at all. Talking about injuries taking time to heal and having hope a guy was going to play and the other one is just stating that Apple wins the job by default. I mean, the team went to the Super Bowl with Apple at corner, sure an upgrade would have been nice, but it isn't the end of the world to have him out there again. 

And to be fair, losing a guy to injury this early is a negative and people can be a little annoyed but this level of "negativity" versus the post of years past is vastly different. I don't see anyone in this thread saying the season is over or we are doomed because of this injury, that's the sky is falling type of negativity.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 12:08 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: ^^^

Awfully negative responses for an injury that may not even hold CTB out until game 2 or 3.  Chris Perry's career for example was about 20 games total.

Are we sure it is a sports hernia, and are you certain about that timeline? I am seeing a recovery time of 6-12 weeks for sports hernias, not 3-6. From the Cleveland clinic. 

Another link, from HerniaOnline. Long distance runners are under restriction for five weeks, weightlifters at least eight.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 04:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Disappointing but it's not the end of the world + he can come back later in the season. He is probably the 5th guy on the depth chart behind Flowers anyways.

From all reports, he was very inconsistent in TC and didn't seem to be any kind of a threat to unseat Apple.  I'd like to think he could've pushed to be the 1st CB off the bench, but I think we will be ok with Flowers in the short term. 

I think it will definitely hurt ST's, though.  They can't really get Hill much in the mix on ST's until Bates has signed and the lack of team speed at WR would indicate that he'd have to play a lot on them.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 12:59 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Are we sure it is a sports hernia, and are you certain about that timeline? I am seeing a recovery time of 6-12 weeks for sports hernias, not 3-6. From the Cleveland clinic. 

Another link, from HerniaOnline. Long distance runners are under restriction for five weeks, weightlifters at least eight.

I don’t remember what player but I swear I remember reading a while back about sports hernias not being as long as they used to be to recover from. Like 3-4 weeks if you have a good surgery and no set backs.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 04:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mike Hilton
Chido Aw......
Eli Apple be the top 3. i think

Then Tre Flowers

Them some davis's and others

Cam-Taylor is currently backing up Eli Apple

Ahh yes Hilton, I have no idea how I forgot about him. Pretty significant drop after those 3 if someone goes down but I guess that would be pretty similar for most CB 4/5s. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 08:48 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don’t remember what player but I swear I remember reading a while back about sports hernias not being as long as they used to be to recover from. Like 3-4 weeks if you have a good surgery and no set backs.

Our most recent example was Alex Cappa.  He returned to active status 6 weeks after surgery, 7 weeks post injury.  It was at least another week until he actually practiced. 6 weeks from Cam's surgery is Sep 26, heading into week 4

Don't be surprised if Cam starts the season on IR.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
…drat!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe we can sign Trae Waynes

He just read your post and immediately put himself on IR while booking another trip to the Bahamas.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 12:35 PM)pally Wrote: Our most recent example was Alex Cappa.  He returned to active status 6 weeks after surgery, 7 weeks post injury.  It was at least another week until he actually practiced.  6 weeks from Cam's surgery is Sep 26, heading into week 4

Don't be surprised if Cam starts the season on IR.

Thanks Pally, could of been worse. It at least wasn't season ending like Ossai last year at this time.

(08-20-2022, 05:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: He just read your post and immediately put himself on IR while booking another trip to the Bahamas.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote