Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camp/Preseason Injuries?
(07-20-2017, 08:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: How MANY of these injuries do you guess will happen, keeping starters off the field for the first few games?

I say at least two, and Tyler Eifert is one of them.

(FOR THOSE THAT GLOSS OVER THREADS, WITHOUT REALLY READING THEM, I ASK FOR 'NUMBERS' NOT NAMES!!  I THREW IN EIFERT"S NAME!)

I'll be honest....I'm not happy to hear of more Eifert Injuries and Top Pick Ross injuries and of course still Bernard injuries and other injuries limping into Preseason Summer Camp.....BUT...I'm telling myself it's early and they will be there come Opening Day.......But I do NOT blame the OP for this Thread, because we all know that to get back to the Play-Offs this team can NOT have all the injuries it had in 2016.  I could even add the injuries to Dalton and others in 2015  or limping into the play-offs with too many injuries and no chance against Colts in 2014.  INJURIES HAVE HELD THIS TEAM BACK....YES, ALL TEAMS HAVE SOME INJURIES, but when Teams have TOO MANY injuries, they are DOOMED. ......I will be hoping on Eifert and Ross.  Both being injured to start season takes away all this idea of Dalton having all these great targets.  I think we would all like to see Eifert and Ross on the field. You can't help the club in the tub. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ya see.. These injuries play into the conspiracy theory of how the Cinderella team wins it all during our 50th anniversary season. They come limping onto the field at the last moment to insure victory against overwhelming odds once again giving Squeeler fans yet more reasons to claim that we're all thugs and should be banned forever for winning the Super bowl with such dastardly scoundrels as Pacman, Vontez the Terrible and Dudley Doright Dalton under center.. 
Got to have a compelling story line..  

Actually that's just swiping the page from the squeeler scenario of Ben the invincible coming back from three broken legs, a ruptured spleen, an emergency brain transplant at half time to win it all..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 01:25 AM)kevin Wrote: I'll be honest....I'm not happy to hear of more Eifert Injuries and Top Pick Ross injuries and of course still Bernard injuries and other injuries limping into Preseason Summer Camp.....BUT...I'm telling myself it's early and they will be there come Opening Day.......But I do NOT blame the OP for this Thread, because we all know that to get back to the Play-Offs this team can NOT have all the injuries it had in 2016.  I could even add the injuries to Dalton and others in 2015  or limping into the play-offs with too many injuries and no chance against Colts in 2014.  INJURIES HAVE HELD THIS TEAM BACK....YES, ALL TEAMS HAVE SOME INJURIES, but when Teams have TOO MANY injuries, they are DOOMED. ......I will be hoping on Eifert and Ross.  Both being injured to start season takes away all this idea of Dalton having all these great targets.  I think we would all like to see Eifert and Ross on the field. You can't help the club in the tub. 

It is July and not September so 6 weeks is a long time. My guess is almost every team has players that will start on PUP. I get the concern for Eifert due to his injury history, but using May time period for him to evaluate the current situation of his back injury is pessimistic at best. Bernard would be a shock to come off PUP prior to the start of the season based on when he was injured. I have no idea on the Ross injury other than to know he ad surgery I do believe and may not be ready for contact yet.

We will have injuries, every team has injuries just ask the Ravens who have already lost their starting slot CB for the year in their team camp. Depth is the key to overcoming injuries and also can't afford to lose any of your top 5 players for the year or significant time. Last year Burfict was not effective until later in the season (Burfict effective as he is a stud when right) so that hurt us. We lost AJ for 5 or so games as well in 2016 and our kicker killed us. Our 6 wins were horrible based on expectations, but if we start at 6 wins as the expectations, I could easily see 3 more wins from the losses and 1 win from the tie (our kicker could have given us that win). A positive break here and there and some guys stepping up I could easily see 10 or 11 wins in 2017.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote