Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camp opens in Dayton
Training camp opens July 27 at Dayton's Welcome Stadium. This is part of the NFL 100 celebration honoring Dayton as the home of one of the original teams. For those who can't make it to the open practice, it will be broadcast on NFL network. More details will be released tomorrow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Think I might go down there for this. Well, probably will find something more important to do but would like to go anyway. What times do they normally start practice?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Think I might go down there for this. Well, probably will find something more important to do but would like to go anyway. What times do they normally start practice?

They'll announce times tomorrow.  The 27th is a Saturday so maybe early to mid-afternoon which is when they've started mini-camp practices

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Think I might go down there for this. Well, probably will find something more important to do but would like to go anyway. What times do they normally start practice?

Just behave yourself, no barking or biting....  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 02:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just behave yourself, no barking or biting....  Ninja

Here's the million dollar question, well actually 2. Do they sell beer at practices and do they have Dog accessible bathrooms (fire hydrants)? Ninja

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 03:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's the million dollar question, well actually 2. Do they sell beer at practices and do they have Dog accessible bathrooms (fire hydrants)? Ninja

They don't sell beer, but I have a bunch of hangouts nearby with some good choices.  My town!
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 03:44 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: They don't sell beer, but I have a bunch of hangouts nearby with some good choices.  My town!

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
Think we will get a Throwback triangle Jersey?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 03:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's the million dollar question, well actually 2. Do they sell beer at practices and do they have Dog accessible bathrooms (fire hydrants)? Ninja

Timothy's bar, not very far!!!

Reply/Quote
I’ll be heading down, what time do you think I should get there ?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 04:33 PM)RASCAL Wrote: Timothy's bar, not very far!!!

Hell yes. Props for this. Tim’s!
Reply/Quote

I doubt I make it back to Ohio for a game this year, but I just might have to try to coordinate a trip and go to one of these practices in Dayton. Closer to my parents farm.
Reply/Quote
If I’m in town that day I’ll be there — and I want to meet as many of you in person as possible.
Reply/Quote

Doors open at 1:30...practice starts at 2:30

Reply/Quote
That big old parking lot around the stadiums?....Great place to teach your kids to drive and also a great place during heavy snows to do donuts in the snow.. Other than that? ehhhhhh..It's Dayton where I grew up.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 10:54 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I doubt I make it back to Ohio for a game this year, but I just might have to try to coordinate a trip and go to one of these practices in Dayton. Closer to my parents farm.

Just down the road at Carillon park lots of dogs have relieved themselves over the years. My dogs were no exceptions.. It's basically walking distance.. Well, almost anyway.. Cross the river. I've walked it many times. The river bank is right across the street. I doubt anyone would object except for the doggy doo police..  Hilarious Woops..wrong post.. Someone asked about fire hydrants.. You know who you are...HARLEY.. lol

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 01:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: That big old parking lot around the stadiums?....Great place to teach your kids to drive and also a great place during heavy snows to do donuts in the snow.. Other than that? ehhhhhh..It's Dayton where I grew up.. 

Interesting, lastnight Chris Mathews, Hard Ball on MSN. did a town hall discussion with a group of people from Dayton. Can't remember where they held it. Not totally sure why I decided to watch, other I know people on this board know Dayton.....
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2019, 01:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: That big old parking lot around the stadiums?....Great place to teach your kids to drive and also a great place during heavy snows to do donuts in the snow.. Other than that? ehhhhhh..It's Dayton where I grew up.. 

I know, I have to drive past your statue every morning.  The tourists taking selfies every year on your birthday makes traffic a real *****  Tongue

I go to UD football games in the fall, and yes, the parking lots are massive.  For those coming in from out of town for the practice, it's not a horrible place to watch a game or practice per se, but it has zero amenities whatsoever.  It's an old, concrete stadium used for UD and high school games and track meets.  Concessions are few, and be prepared to pee in a trough like you're watching a game during the 1930s.  

(06-18-2019, 01:38 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Interesting, lastnight Chris Mathews, Hard Ball on MSN. did a town hall discussion with a group of people from Dayton. Can't remember where they held it. Not totally sure why I decided to watch, other I know people on this board know Dayton.....

They had it at the Mendelson's warehouse downtown.  Seriously.  It's like someone said "You know, we need to find a cheap venue that makes you need a tetanus shot just for looking at it."  Mission accomplished.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Quote:I know, I have to drive past your statue every morning.  The tourists taking selfies every year on your birthday makes traffic a real *****  [Image: tongue.png] 
Is that the statue of me in handcuffs? Not that I ever broke a single law in Dayton..  Nervous
Quote:They had it at the Mendelson's warehouse downtown.  Seriously.  It's like someone said "You know, we need to find a cheap venue that makes you need a tetanus shot just for looking at it."  Mission accomplished.

I spend many many hours working in Mendelson' properties mostly spray painting and yes, you probably need a tetanus shot and complete body disinfection after visiting..  I still remember that old warehouse when it opened though. There was almost nothing industrial you couldn't find on the cheap.. The good old days.. LOL

Reply/Quote