Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Auden Tate make the Bengals roster?
(07-10-2018, 11:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Perhaps it was just me but he seemed all to happy to run out of bounds last year.

I could definitely see Erickson and/or Core end up on the outside looking in ! 

Same. If someone like Phillips, Wilson, or another guy can unseat Erickson as a returner, Erickson is gone I believe. If not, I think Core is gone.
Core, believe it or not, played more ST snaps (227) than Erickson (171). Core actually played the 6th most ST snaps on the team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2018, 02:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Dan Hoard
BENGALS RADIO BROADCASTER

Rookie Auden Tate made a big impression at the Bengals’ minicamp in mid-June.

Emphasis on BIG.

The 6’5”, 228 pound wide receiver out of Florida State made several jaw-dropping touchdown catches that had his fellow receivers raving.

“Unbelievable,” said A.J. Green. “We call him a young Brandon Marshall. The guy has unbelievable hands, he’s big (with) great body control. He had a very good (minicamp).”

“His catch radius is ridiculous,” said John Ross. “It looks like the ball is always out of reach with him but it’s never out of reach. He’s going to be something serious.”

Full article

I think so... Best question is who does he bounce off the roster. in order to secure his spot?  Core?
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 08:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not weird when you consider his blocking last year sucked....

He made bad decisions too unlike his rookie year, that was the weird part.

(07-10-2018, 11:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Perhaps it was just me but he seemed all to happy to run out of bounds last year.

I could definitely see Erickson and/or Core end up on the outside looking in ! 

Agree with you once again brother. Cool
Reply/Quote
I think he can make the team, in fact I expect him to. Freakish catch radius, uses his body to his advantage. Not sure how crisp his route trees are, but you'd have to think he'd provide more playmaking ability than either Core or Erickson, especially in the red zone. I'm sorry, but other than some decent ST play, Core hasn't done much to make me believe he is an NFL-quality reciever. With no Eifert or Ross last year, that was a great chance for him to step up. it just didn't happen. I just hope Tate doesn't become our yearly "he's gonna be awesome" reciever that never pans out, and that they design some plays that play to Tate's strengths more than 1-2 times a game!
Reply/Quote
Count me in the crowd of keeping a 6'5" freak athlete like Auden Tate over Erickson or Core. Tate probably lacks the speed to be a No.1 or 2 receiver in the NFL, but he could be a nice weapon on 3rd downs and red zone packages.
Reply/Quote
Considering how abysmal our red zone offense has been since Hue left, I'll take the big-bodied WR with sure hands.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 01:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He made bad decisions too unlike his rookie year, that was the weird part.

O think he had very few options.  The blocking he had in front of him was abysmal.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 05:18 PM)3wt Wrote: O think he had very few options.  The blocking he had in front of him was abysmal.

Yeah, poor blocking can make just about anybody look bad true.

Usually Simmons has his guys blocking much better then last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, poor blocking can make just about anybody look bad true.

Usually Simmons has his guys blocking much better then last year.

He had a lot of turnover.  Just a terrible year for every group last year.  Really it's amazing they did as well as they did.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 05:59 PM)3wt Wrote: He had a lot of turnover.  Just a terrible year for every group last year.  Really it's amazing they did as well as they did.

Yeah, and we still won 7 games. I just don't understand the guys saying we will win the same amount after all
that went wrong last year and all the additions we have made.
Reply/Quote
5-9 with 2 terrible, uninspired 20+ point losses before winning the last 2 games. It's not like they were an average team last year. Last in everything offensive and lower-middle of the pack on defense. 

It's super easy to understand why some people aren't excited with the moves they made because those moves haven't produced anything on the field as of yet.

26 years of "moves" and i don't care how different they seem or are. Until they do it on the field, they won't mean anything. 

If people feel like getting excited about it, more power to you but don't talk about how you can't believe how someone isn't just as excited when they have 26 consecutive years of experience seeing changes that didn't produce a playoff win.

Different isn't really different until it's actually different.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 07:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 5-9 with 2 terrible, uninspired 20+ point losses before winning the last 2 games. It's not like they were an average team last year. Last in everything offensive and lower-middle of the pack on defense. 

It's super easy to understand why some people aren't excited with the moves they made because those moves haven't produced anything on the field as of yet.

26 years of "moves" and i don't care how different they seem or are. Until they do it on the field, they won't mean anything. 

If people feel like getting excited about it, more power to you but don't talk about how you can't believe how someone isn't just as excited when they have 26 consecutive years of experience seeing changes that didn't produce a playoff win.

Well, since you can't judge a thing that hasn't happened yet, we'll just have to wait and see on what the season brings.  But if you break it down into segments, the off season segment was pretty different, both in player moves and coaching changes.  I'd say there has been some pretty good groundwork laid.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 07:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 5-9 with 2 terrible, uninspired 20+ point losses before winning the last 2 games. It's not like they were an average team last year. Last in everything offensive and lower-middle of the pack on defense. 

I'm right there with ya Faulk, mostly.

But I will say those last few games you could see the blocking changing, the schemes changing, the mood changing. Will it carry over to this season ?

And that I was pretty pleasantly surprised by the offseason moves ! But in the same breath I've questioned if it was enough, could they have done more ?

We'll see
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 10:14 PM)McC Wrote: Well, since you can't judge a thing that hasn't happened yet, we'll just have to wait and see on what the season brings.  But if you break it down into segments, the off season segment was pretty different, both in player moves and coaching changes.  I'd say there has been some pretty good groundwork laid.

It's been different and something fans have been screaming for. But i'm still holding out until i see it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 10:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's been different and something fans have been screaming for. But i'm still holding out until i see it. 

I get that.  We all have probably about the same attitude.  All you can do is judge each step of the way.  And any Bengal fan knows the danger of getting ahead of oneself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 11:09 PM)McC Wrote: I get that.  We all have probably about the same attitude.  All you can do is judge each step of the way.  And any Bengal fan knows the danger of getting ahead of oneself.

Lol. Like every year since, well, forever. Hilarious

Reply/Quote

Yes, two horrific losses, but also 2 games lost by only 3 points and 2 games lost by 4 points. So in reality, a ball falling one way instead of another and they could easily have been 9-5. Would have, could have, right? But, that shows that just a few moves SHOULD make a huge difference.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 07:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Different isn't really different until it's actually different.

Well, that's different.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
C'mon ... Our team will be the equivalent of a YouTube comments section,  The greatest team EVER! 
IF it's a YouTube comment it has to be true. You can't say things there if they're not true..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

I understand all of that, i actually thought the team quit on Marv in the Bears game.

We will see, but if the O-line is better, we should be much better in every aspect is all i am saying from
the QB, to the RB's, to the WR's, to the entire Defense. With Frank Pollack, Cordy Glenn and Billy Price i
think the O-line will be better, if not much better.
Reply/Quote