Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Hill get 1,000 yards rushing ???
(11-22-2016, 09:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He most certainly will, if the team goes back to the '09 version of OL using 3 Tackles.  At this point, this might be their best option, as well as utilizing TE more in receiving, as well as Burkhead.  Burkhead isn't that bad, ya know, so long as they use him effectively.

Here it is, folks. It takes the right scheme along with blocking to do it. And hopefully the entire offense is looking at film from the past to jog their memories on how it's done. 

As for Rex, if this staff doesn't figure out how to show everyone how good he can be, some team next year sure as Hell will.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Not unless he rushes for 300 yards against Cleveland.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:31 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Who cares. I can't wait for the day we get a real stud at RB. That fumble in the playoffs hasn't been made up for yet. And I heard he and Marv had a little altercation. His days as a starter in the NFL are numbered.

Where did you hear about that at ? With the altercation that is
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 12:07 AM)Trademark Wrote: Where did you hear about that at ? With the altercation that is

I read it somewhere supposedly he was jaw jacking with Lewis. Serves Marv for even picking the bum.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 12:17 AM)Fresno B Wrote: I read it somewhere supposedly he was jaw jacking with Lewis. Serves Marv for even picking the bum.

Saw it during the game. Hill was dancing and running East/West. Ran away from his blockers and out of bounds without contact. Marvin ran down the sideline and yelled something at Hill while making a hand knife, or fist forward. Clearly yelling at him to stop going E/W and to use his blockers and turn upfield to actually get yards.

I think Gio might have played the next 2-3 drives.

Forget which quarter, but I remember seeing Marvin do that and commenting on it. To get Marvin to yell at you during a game and do something other than clap... you know you F'd up. Lol

I didn't see Hill do/say anything back to him, though. That said, I have never seen a 235 lb RB less inclined to make contact and more inclined to try to outsprint (unsucessfully) guys to the sidelines. Hill could probably be a good RB in the NFL if he was an angry N/S RB like Marion Barber or Marshawn Lynch. I think he's still in the mindset that he was in college, where he was always faster and more athletic than everyone he played against.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 12:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Saw it during the game. Hill was dancing and running East/West. Ran away from his blockers and out of bounds without contact. Marvin ran down the sideline and yelled something at Hill while making a hand knife, or fist forward. Clearly yelling at him to stop going E/W and to use his blockers and turn upfield to actually get yards.

Forget which quarter, but I remember seeing Marvin do that and commenting on it. To get Marvin to yell at you during a game and do something other than clap... you know you F'd up. Lol

I didn't see Hill do/say anything back to him, though. That said, I have never seen a 235 lb RB less inclined to make contact and more inclined to try to outsprint (unsucessfully) guys to the sidelines. Hill could probably be a good RB in the NFL if he was an angry N/S RB like Marion Barber or Marshawn Lynch. I think he's still in the mindset that he was in college, where he was always faster and more athletic than everyone he played against.

Dayum Marv !  About time.....too little too late.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 12:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Dayum Marv !  About time.....too little too late.

Yeah, I was a little impressed.... but then he decided to keep Nugent and I felt like I wanted a refund on my temporary good thoughts.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 07:00 PM)kevin Wrote: He is over 600 yards but the O line stinks, they bring in Bernard a lot, and defenses will go into the box with AJ Green injured....It is going to be very hard to run on Baltimore tough D in the box....but....if we can't run.....we have no chance of avoiding getting clobbered by Ravens. ......I would like to see Hill get 1,000 yards in this awful season and that just might help us win a few more games........He has 623 yards and 6 rushing TDs with 6 games left. so 1,000 yards and over 10 TDs is possible. ...I know Hill was injured early against Dallas, but he looks healthy now and we are short on offensive weapons....Hill is one of the better TD running backs in the NFL and we could use Hill and Eifert with Green injured.

Hill can go over a 1000, if the coaches will run him 20-25 times a game. But they won't run one back that much for some reason. Burkhead will likely be used as Gio was and could do a decent job of it.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:15 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Hill can go over a 1000, if the coaches will run him 20-25 times a game. But they won't run one back that much for some reason. Burkhead will likely be used as Gio was and could do a decent job of it.

The RB, or at least the team needs to be doing well in order to give a guy 20-25 carries. You can't get 25 carries at 3.0 YPC, because the offense won't survive that. You can't get 25 carries when you're down 2 TDs because then you'll lose.

Not to mention the RB needs to be conditioned for 25 carries. This is something that once I noticed it, I couldn't stop noticing it. Jeremy Hill takes himself out of the game a LOT. That one good 20 yard run he had? Immediately motioned to be replaced. He was gassed. From running 20 yards.

They just don't make RB like they used to. I blame college offenses being all about QBs running. Same reason why OL play has degraded in the NFL, and QBs aren't as good reading progressions, reading defenses pre-snap, and changing/calling plays.

Reply/Quote
Should with increased workload caused by Gio's injury.

But behind this O-line it is not a given by any stretch of the imagination.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 07:00 PM)kevin Wrote: He is over 600 yards but the O line stinks, they bring in Bernard a lot, and defenses will go into the box with AJ Green injured....It is going to be very hard to run on Baltimore tough D in the box....but....if we can't run.....we have no chance of avoiding getting clobbered by Ravens. ......I would like to see Hill get 1,000 yards in this awful season and that just might help us win a few more games........He has 623 yards and 6 rushing TDs with 6 games left. so 1,000 yards and over 10 TDs is possible. ...I know Hill was injured early against Dallas, but he looks healthy now and we are short on offensive weapons....Hill is one of the better TD running backs in the NFL and we could use Hill and Eifert with Green injured.

If the oline figured out how to block and open holes than absolutely. Him and Gio have had no holes opened for them at all this year, most of their yards came due to their hard work not the olines. With Gio out, Hill should see 20-25 carries a game and if he can get a hole here and there he should be able to crack 1000 yards. He might struggle this week against bmore due to their defense playing well and with the absence of Gio and most likely Green, we should expect them to have 8-9 men in the box.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:02 PM)kevin Wrote: For you maybe......I intend to watch every Bengals game. 

Me too.....
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 09:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly lol. Dude is already on pace.

True, but if they start putting 8 in the box every play, I'd start sending the fastest WR we have out on 9's almost every time. We'd be sure to burn them a few times.

Personally, I think the extra carries Hill will see with Gio and AJ out will offset any negative affect of an extra safety in the box. At least when it comes to him getting to 1000 yards.

Well, Cody Core ran a 4.47. Too bad they don't activate or use him
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 10:32 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Well, Cody Core ran a 4.47. Too bad they don't activate or use him

Damn, how depressing is it when the fastest WR is running a 4.47?

This is just a product of a team-wide issue. The Bengals aren't fast. Gio ran 4.53, LaFell ran 4.54 (and is 30 now), Boyd ran 4.58, Uzomah ran 4.62 (at his Pro Day, which are always faster), Hill ran 4.66, Eifert ran 4.68..... even AJ Green is a 4.50 guy, but his ability to make moves creates abilities for him to get behind guys.

There's no true blazers on this team. Even if you look at the defense. Jones ran 4.38 (and is 33 now), Williams ran 4.46, Kirkpatrick and Dennard are both 4.51 guys, Dansby ran 4.60 (and is 35 now), Iloka ran 4.66, Maualuga ran 4.91 (and has gained weight since then), Burfict ran 5.09.

Compare that to when they had the likes of Hall at 4.39, Joseph at 4.31, Nelson at 4.35, C Henry at 4.40, Howard at 4.42, B Scott at 4.44, Marvin Jones at 4.46...

The Bengals are just kind of slow now. They need more athleticism and speed injected into their team.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:59 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Damn, how depressing is it when the fastest WR is running a 4.47?

This is just a product of a team-wide issue. The Bengals aren't fast. Gio ran 4.53, LaFell ran 4.54 (and is 30 now), Boyd ran 4.58, Uzomah ran 4.62 (at his Pro Day, which are always faster), Hill ran 4.66, Eifert ran 4.68..... even AJ Green is a 4.50 guy, but his ability to make moves creates abilities for him to get behind guys.

There's no true blazers on this team. Even if you look at the defense. Jones ran 4.38 (and is 33 now), Williams ran 4.46, Kirkpatrick and Dennard are both 4.51 guys, Dansby ran 4.60 (and is 35 now), Iloka ran 4.66, Maualuga ran 4.91 (and has gained weight since then), Burfict ran 5.09.

Compare that to when they had the likes of Hall at 4.39, Joseph at 4.31, Nelson at 4.35, C Henry at 4.40, Howard at 4.42, B Scott at 4.44, Marvin Jones at 4.46...

The Bengals are just kind of slow now. They need more athleticism and speed injected into their team.

I've always hated how we seem to shy away from speed guys in the draft. Not saying that speed should be their #1 priority, but it'd be nice to have a few guys like that. We sure could use more speed at LB and WR in particular.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:59 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Damn, how depressing is it when the fastest WR is running a 4.47?

When did 4.6 become slow? How far apart do you think a 4.6 and 4.4 are from each other? And I'm calling BS on Hall running a 4.3. I don't care what his combine or pro day time was. He was always getting burnt.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 12:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Saw it during the game. Hill was dancing and running East/West. Ran away from his blockers and out of bounds without contact. Marvin ran down the sideline and yelled something at Hill while making a hand knife, or fist forward. Clearly yelling at him to stop going E/W and to use his blockers and turn upfield to actually get yards.

There is more than one player on our offense that tries to avoid contact by going out of bounds.

I didn't notice Marv's actions about it.

If this happened then good for Marvin. 

Settling for the low hanging fruit and only taking what the defense gives you is a sign of softness.

It sure makes the job easier for the opposing D when all they have to do is corral the ball carrier to the sidelines knowing they won't be the aggressor and change direction.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'll add that I do not like Zampese using Hill on east and west plays or slow developing rinky dink....I like Hill POUNDING THE ROCK like a Benson or a Pete Johnson....POWER RUNNING....POWER RUNNING....AND MORE POWER RUNNING....UP THE GUT, OFF TACKLE, OVER THE GUARDS....BUT HARD CORE POWER FOOTBALL. ...HILL LINING UP BEHIND DALTON, NOT TO HIS SIDE.......POWER RUNNING....FIRE OFF AND HIT THE HOLE.....HEAD KNOCKING SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL.....THAT is what HILL is good at......Get Hewitt in their as a blocking Fullback......SMASH MOUTH....POWER RUNS.....less of the Zampese pussycat trick plays.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I just did some math, and it doesn't look good for Hill. I am factoring in very little receiving threats currently, so assuming opposing defenses will pack the box heavily. Also assuming the Oline continues to look like crap. So here's what I came up with: I figure at minimum, 3 possessions per half, six for a whole game. Run up the middle on first and second down, which we all know we will probably do, gaining on average 2.0 yards= 6 possessions * 2 carries (first and second down) = 12 carries per game * 2.0 average = 24 yards per game * 5 games left = only 120 yards. So no, I guess he won't hit 1,000 after all.... now I know he will probably have more than 12 carries per game, as my estimate of 6 possessions/game is probably a bit low...but surely you can see where I'm going with this LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 02:25 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: I just did some math, and it doesn't look good for Hill.  I am factoring in very little receiving threats currently, so assuming opposing defenses will pack the box heavily.  Also assuming the Oline continues to look like crap.  So here's what I came up with:   I figure at minimum, 3 possessions per half, six for a whole game.  Run up the middle on first and second down, which we all know we will probably do, gaining on average 2.0 yards=  6 possessions * 2 carries (first and second down) = 12 carries per game * 2.0 average = 24 yards per game * 5 games left = only 120 yards.  So no, I guess he won't hit 1,000 after all....   now I know he will probably have more than 12 carries per game, as my estimate of 6 possessions/game is probably a bit low...but surely you can see where I'm going with this  LOL

Yes he will average way more than 12 attempts per game. He's averaged 13.5 per game with Gio. Without Gio, I foresee around 18 attempts per game. 

Also, Hill is not going to average 2.0 ypc. He's currently averaging 4.6. IMO, you are drastically overestimating not only how much a safety will be in the box (Dalton has proven he can get it done without AJ Green) as well as the impact that would have on Hill. Sure, moving the safety down will help opposing defenses, but no Hill is not going to average a horrific 2.0 per carry. 3.5 is more realistic.

So if Hill averages 3.5 ypc on 18 carries per game, that comes out to 378 yards in 6 games, which would give him 1001 yards on the season. I was actually figuring this out while writing this post and I'm surprised it's that close. Either way, I think 1000 yards is very realistic.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote