Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Lazor adjust schematically for all the injuries?
(11-07-2018, 08:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Not true.

Dalton has targeted Erickson 14 times for 44 yards throughout 5 games.

Ross has 16 targets through 5 games and has 79 yards.  He also has 2 TDs compared to Erickson's 0.

And Erickson has been in for more offensive snaps (197) than Ross (159).

Despite missing 3 games (almost 4 games since he played one quarter in the Chiefs game) Ross still has more TDs than Erickson, Malone, and Core combined.
Still is tied for 3rd in receiving TDs.
And only has 7 less receiving yards than Erickson, Malone, and Core combined.

I think Dalton trusts Ross more than Erickson.

Good catch. Honestly, it felt like Erickson was ahead of Ross for both targets and yards. I should have looked that up.
However, Erickson does have more receptions than Ross in fewer targets (8 vs 7 rec), so we might see Dalton start to favor Erickson more. Of course, that depends on whether Boyd plays more slot vs outside, as I think that will determine how many offensive snaps Erickson will get. I think Ross gets a majority of offensive snaps as long as he's healthy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 09:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Honestly, I think that's the only way we beat the Saints. Use the RBs to our advantage.

Slow down the Saints tempo and draw the clock down. The Saints ran 70 plays against the Rams last week, and the Rams only ran it 19 times.

The Bengals have to control that clock against a high powered offense and not go 3 and out. Keep their defense out there longer if you want to win.

I trust the Bengals offense far more than the defense......weird how much can change in a year.
Last year it was complete opposite.

Yep,

They're going to have to get creative with Gio/Mixon to have any chance. Long sustained points (TD's) scoring drives. Two back sets, screens, wheel routes, reverses, and they've got to get some productive runs. Burn clock !

They let the Saints dictate the game, dominate the time of possession and we have little chance.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 11:06 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep,

They're going to have to get creative with Gio/Mixon to have any chance. Long sustained points (TD's) scoring drives. Two back sets, screens, wheel routes, reverses, and they've got to get some productive runs. Burn clock !

They let the Saints dictate the game, dominate the time of possession and we have little chance.

You would think Lazor would do this right? The game vs the Chiefs was the sampler and it wasn't even attempted. Lazor probably thought what everybody says about the Chiefs D was too weak that it would turn out into a shootingfest, instead it turned into a 1 TD score for us. Hopefully he studies film better this time around and watches the Super Bowl film how the Giants beat the Bills. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 11:49 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You would think Lazor would do this right? The game vs the Chiefs was the sampler and it wasn't even attempted. Lazor probably thought what everybody says about the Chiefs D was too weak that it would turn out into a shootingfest, instead it turned into a 1 TD score for us. Hopefully he studies film better this time around and watches the Super Bowl film how the Giants beat the Bills. 

Hell look at the Browns vs. Chiefs, the Browns were just grinding and put up 21 on them. 
Reply/Quote
Id like to see both backs get opportunities to catch some balls. Both guys are pretty good at getting yards when they have the ball in space and dont have to worry about our subpar offensive line creating run lanes for them.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote