Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can OG play guard & Fisher play TE?
I know Forum members loathe the idea of moving players to different positions but I'm asking serious questions here...

Can they move Og to offensive guard? Does he have the the leg strength and footwork to be better at guard than he is at left tackle?

I know Fisher has had some experience playing tight end in college and even occasionally as a pro. But since Fisher is underwhelming at right tackle he can lose weight and play tight end?

I just have no confidence in either at their current positions.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Was Fisher's play related to his health?

He seemed to show promise as a rookie prior to switching to FB for the team out of need...
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi's problems would likely be exacerbated at guard. He has piss poor hand work. That shows up more inside where you have less room to "run" the defender.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 04:36 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Ogbuehi's problems would likely be exacerbated at guard. He has piss poor hand work. That shows up more inside where you have less room to "run" the defender.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, his lack of aggression would kill him and doesn't he also play too high as well?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 04:59 PM)McC Wrote: Also, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, his lack of aggression would kill him and doesn't he also play too high as well?

That's all part of it. 
He struggles with power on the edge and there's only more power inside. Playing tall, low slow hands....a recipe for disaster. 

Maybe being in a phone booth would allow him to not worry as much and get the hands figured out...it seems unlikely but it's a move he has to consider to extend his NFL career. 
Reply/Quote
I think Og can play couch, and Fisher can play FB/backup TE if he has a kickass offseason and loses like... 25lbs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 04:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know Forum members loathe the idea of moving players to different positions but I'm asking serious questions here...

Can they move Og to offensive guard? Does he have the the leg strength and footwork to be better at guard than he is at left tackle?

I know Fisher has had some experience playing tight end in college and even occasionally as a pro. But since Fisher is underwhelming at right tackle he can lose weight and play tight end?

I just have no confidence in either at their current positions.

I didn’t know Mike Brown had an account on here. Ninja

Just kidding man. I am not opposed to them sticking around w/ a few new coaches and see from there. That doesn’t mean starting though!
Reply/Quote
If Og is too soft to play tackle I imagine he's too soft to play guard too.
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi is quick and light on his feet, not a mauler like a Guard. He should stay at LT. The question about Fisher is realistic because of his athleticism, but he has put on 30 lbs or so and will still be at RT more than likely.

Of the two, Fisher could possibly play Guard, but he would likely only do so if besieged with injuries. My hope for his is his heart problem is cleared and he comes in and makes huge strides in his second full year at RT with a new coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 04:59 PM)McC Wrote: Also, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, his lack of aggression would kill him and doesn't he also play too high as well?

I think leg Bend is his main issues but can this be corrected with training
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote