Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Ogbuhei or Fisher play Right Tackle ?
To the OP--

No and hell no.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Center is a high draft priority as is Left Tackle. If we hit on both of those together with Boling at LG that would at least solidify the left side. Problem is we do need a RG and RT too and at least one may need to come via Free Agency.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 09:16 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Recall that Ogbuehi was so bad at RT, that they thought putting him at LT would be an IMPROVEMENT.
Recall that Fisher was so bad at RT, that they thought putting Andre Smith at RT would be an improvement.

How about you just cut your losses on Ogbuehi and send him packing, and you make Fisher your backup RT.
E
If either are starting, the OL is still going to be a shitshow.

They are both complete garbage, but there's no reason to keep Fisher over Og.  Cutting Fisher would save us more against the cap and Og can at least be a bad backup at 2 spots instead of 1.
Reply/Quote
If we are playing the best 5 OL based on what we saw this season then there's no place for either of them....  if we were starting the season over again with the same group my LT is Boling, my RT is Andre Smith.

Ogbuehi was terrible for long stretches , had some ok'ish moments (think it was first half versus steelers when I though he played pretty good and thought there was hope). Fisher was as bad...he's now getting a pass from some due to illness but whilst it seems harsh can you rely on him next year whatever?

as for Ced/fish trying them at guard....Westerman earned one of the guard spots...if you find a LT then Boling and Westerman are your guards.  If you don't then Redmond and Hopkins have a dogfight for the other guard spot.

I think a lot of this will depend on where the bengals assess the strength of the draft and FA at OT/OG and center respectively.

We flat out need better players on the OL and better competition....if LT is weak then don't just draft for the sake of it, plan for Boling to be there and get a guard or center.
Reply/Quote
willing to see in a new o line coach can help Og and Fisher but I do not hold out much hope.

Based upon what we have seen Og is one of the biggest busts of all time and Fisher may not play again.

Our best two games running the ball- far and away- where the last two when neither played.

We desperately need a new center and at least one tackle assuming Boling stays at left tackle to get redmand on the field.
Reply/Quote
Can they? yes

Are they good at it? no
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 04:23 PM)bengals67 Wrote: willing to see in a new o line coach can help Og and Fisher but I do not hold out much hope.

Based upon what we have seen Og is one of the biggest busts of all time and Fisher may not play again.

Our best two games running the ball- far and away- where the last two when neither played.

We desperately need a new center and at least one tackle assuming Boling stays at left tackle to get redmand on the field.

Right.....I mean, Eric Winston has a picture of him holding hands with Methuselah, but even he was better than either one of those two bums.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
2 things. Is Ogbuehi better than Fisher based on him getting playing time and seeing time at both tackle spots? If Fisher can't out play Ogbuehi I don't have confidence in him. I think part of the reason the line looked bad, or worse than they already were had to do with 3rd down. Either the play calls, Andy's inability to audible, or Andy's inability to make a quick read. There were SO MANY blitzes on 3rd down this season, the Offense knew it was coming, everybody knew a blitz was coming, yet Andy just snapped the ball, and let the rusher sack him. Wouldn't a good quarterback make a quick read and get rid of the ball? What does everybody think? Did we stink on 3rd down? and who's fault was it?
Reply/Quote
Know we had better address OL in FA and draft.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
How great would it be to see our new OLine coach turn Red and Fischer into All-Pros? LOL Salt in that Paul Alexander wound!

I'm not holding out hopes that will be the case. I look for us to sign at least one starter for the Oline in FA. We need help immediately, and Marvin only has 2 years to get his ring. We won't count entirely on rookies in the draft to solve the problem.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Fisher is likely going to be out of football for medical reasons. Og should never have been in football in the first place.
Reply/Quote
Hell no!!! Both are terrible. Ogbuehi might be the softest player in the league. Most of us with brains called it.. why would u switch the worst RT to the Left side n think it's his" natural" spot n let your probowler leave thinking it's a great decision. Just asinine.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:23 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I want Mike McGlinchey with our first. Dream scenario would be the Bengals win on McCarron's arbitration and end up getting that 2nd rounder from the Browns for him. We'd then have the ammo to move back up into the 1st and snag Billy Price. BOOM! Ofeensive line issues solved.
LT - McGlinchey
LG - Boling
C - Price
RG - Hopkins/Westerman/Redmond (Open Comp)
RT - We could keep Smith and or sign a FA Tackle and let Fisher compete between the 3. Best man wins. I personally wouldn't mind Westerman at RG and Hopkins kicked out to RT as I think he could be really good out there but I am alot higher on Hopkins than most.

I think that would solve all of our OL problems but just a dream scenario for me.

Hard not to like this. Not sure how we get both McGlinchey and Price unless we get a 1st round comp pick for McCarron and Price falls to comp pick in round 1.   I agree it would solve our problems by giving us blockers NFL scouts are very high on. Both are the type Paul Brown would have wanted in Cleveland or the type Steelers would draft. Big tough Big 10 types in Notre Dame and Ohio State, scouts saying Pro Bowl types, and cold weather won't be unknown to these Northern Blockers. They should fit right into AFC North.  

Fixing the O Line ...We went out and drafted Munoz once....There are enough scouts raving about these two to want them on Bengals BLOCKING a road to Super Bowl. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
no.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:47 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Know we had better address OL in FA and draft.

That makes sense.  Both free agency and the draft.  Mike Brown saying he won't pay a guard or center has to end because it leaves us with no blocking. Mike Brown might as well just trade and not pay AJ Green and Dalton if he isn't going to provide the needed blocking to get his money's worth out of Green and Dalton.  None of these finesse players are going to do anything as long as we have the worst O Line in the NFL.  To fix the worst O Line in the NFL they need to address it hard in both Free Agency AND the Draft.  I like Boling but all the rest should not be counted on to win the Super Bowl, which should be the goal. We don't need blockers that might be good enough to get 4 or 5 wins, that's the wrong goal.  A complete overhaul of the O Line is in order. When you are the worst in NFL, there isn't much to save. It's not like the 5 we ended season with are coming together as a great blocking line.  The O Line needs blown up and a start over across the board. Boling has a place but the other 4 blockers are wide open to new players added to this team.  ....You are right that it will take Free Agency AND the Draft.  People asking whats wrong with Dalton or our receivers or running backs, the answer is we have the worst O Line in NFL.  People wondering what's wrong with our defense, we have a good defense but the offense has too many 3 and outs. The best defense is a good offense and we are right back to the worst O Line in NFL again.  The best way to improve the defense, receivers, running backs, quarterback is to go full out on blowing up this offensive line and bringing in top quality blockers.  As you say, use Free Agency and The Draft. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote