Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Reds pick up free agency pitcher?
Reds are interested in Madison Bumgarner.

https://www.mlb.com/news/madison-bumgarner-rumors
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I would target Teheran, Keuchel or Roark. There’s less risk, less term and less money. Of course I have no idea of each of these dudes personalities. It seems a obvious that the Reds want to improve on Mahle for this year at least. Maybe you keep Mahle and let him take Bauer’s spot the following year.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 12:01 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I would target Teheran, Keuchel or Roark. There’s less risk, less term and less money. Of course I have no idea of each of these dudes personalities. It seems a obvious that the Reds want to improve on Mahle for this year at least. Maybe you keep Mahle and let him take Bauer’s spot the following year.

I would be shocked if the get MadBum.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would not sign Bumgarner. He's been on the downslide the past few years. There's a reason the Giants don't want him.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I would be hesitant signing a huge money deal on someone that will probably only be marginally better than Mahle. I still have hope that Mahle will continue to develop.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 07:54 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I would be hesitant signing a huge money deal on someone that will probably only be marginally better than Mahle. I still have hope that Mahle will continue to develop.

I agree. Mahle has quite a bit of potential. He's still quite young and has a few no-hitters in minor leagues. He's had ups and downs, but most young pitchers do..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Well the FA starter has come to fruition in Miley. The wheels will either fall off, spring a serious leak or have been plugged and will get us at least to the next tire repair shop before season's end.. It will appear no gazillionaire pitcher is coming to Cincinnati to pitch with a Red cap with a wishbone C on it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 07:54 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I would be hesitant signing a huge money deal on someone that will probably only be marginally better than Mahle. I still have hope that Mahle will continue to develop.

I still have hope for Mahle as well. He pitched much better than his record in first half numbers indicate, he had crap run support in many games.
Reply/Quote