Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Mexicans Leaving Than Coming to the U.S.
http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/

Quote:More Mexicans Leaving Than Coming to the U.S.

Net Loss of 140,000 from 2009 to 2014; Family Reunification Top Reason for Return

BY ANA GONZALEZ-BARRERA

Net Migration to the U.S. From Mexico Below Zero After the Great RecessionMore Mexican immigrants have returned to Mexico from the U.S. than have migrated here since the end of the Great Recession, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of newly available government data from both countries. The same data sources also show the overall flow of Mexican immigrants between the two countries is at its smallest since the 1990s, mostly due to a drop in the number of Mexican immigrants coming to the U.S.

From 2009 to 2014, 1 million Mexicans and their families (including U.S.-born children) left the U.S. for Mexico, according to data from the 2014 Mexican National Survey of Demographic Dynamics (ENADID). U.S. census data for the same period show an estimated 870,000 Mexican nationals left Mexico to come to the U.S., a smaller number than the flow of families from the U.S. to Mexico.

Measuring migration flows between Mexico and the U.S. is challenging because there are no official counts of how many Mexican immigrants enter and leave the U.S. each year. This report uses the best available government data from both countries to estimate the size of these flows. The Mexican data sources — a national household survey, and two national censuses — asked comparable questions about household members’ migration to and from Mexico over the five years previous to each survey or census date. In addition, estimates of Mexican migration to the U.S. come from U.S. Census Bureau data, adjusted for undercount, on the number of Mexican immigrants who live in the U.S. (See text box below for more details.)

A majority of the 1 million who left the U.S. for Mexico between 2009 and 2014 left of their own accord, according to the Mexican government’s ENADID survey data. The Mexican survey also showed that six in ten (61%) return migrants – those who reported they had been living in the U.S. five years earlier but as of 2014 were back in Mexico – cited family reunification as the main reason for their return. By comparison, 14% of Mexico’s return migrants said the reason for their return was deportation from the U.S.

Mexican Immigrant Population in the U.S. in DeclineMexican immigrants have been at the center of one of the largest mass migrations in modern history. Between 1965 and 2015 more than 16 million Mexican immigrants migrated to the United States – more than from any other country (Pew Research Center, 2015). In 1970, fewer than 1 million Mexican immigrants lived in the U.S. By 2000, that number had grown to 9.4 million, and by 2007 it reached a peak at 12.8 million. Since then, the Mexican-born population has declined, falling to 11.7 million in 2014, as the number of new arrivals to the U.S. from Mexico declined significantly (Passel et al., 2012); meanwhile the reverse flow to Mexico from the U.S. is now higher.

The decline in the number of Mexican immigrants residing in the U.S. has been mostly due to a drop of more than 1 million unauthorized immigrants from Mexico from a peak of 6.9 million in 2007 to an estimated 5.6 million in 2014 (Passel and Cohn, 2014).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Good

Now let's multiply that by 100 and we are cooking with grease .
1. They're scared of Trump !
2. They're going home to protect the motherland from the Muslim hordes.

Ninja
(11-20-2015, 12:13 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: 1. They're scared of Trump !
2. They're going home to protect the motherland from the Muslim hordes.

Ninja

Seems it started in 2009.  Apparently they're afraid of Obama!   LOL
(11-20-2015, 12:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: Seems it started in 2009.  Apparently they're afraid of Obama!   LOL

I was going to go that route, but he's barely relevant anymore.
Wink
(11-20-2015, 12:36 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I was going to go that route, but he's barely relevant anymore.
Wink

Hey he is a black president.   Can't take that away ....  Well part black anyway.

Speaking on his relevance ... Did you see where the senate dems are going to vote against him on the refugee bill from the house. Supposed to be veto proof .
What's the data say about Central Americans?

That's the majority of illegals here. At least in my experience. People see latino's and they automatically assume they're Mexican. But most are from Honduras, Guatemala, Columbia, Costa Rica and places like that.

Anyway that's what they do. Work here for about 5 yrs then head back home and live like kings for awhile, then repeat another time or two a few years down the road. I've worked with dozens of illegals and got to know some of them pretty well, for a work relationship. It's not like I had a choice in the matter. My company used an employment agency geared towards minorities and these were them. They all had 'official' documentation but like I said, I got know a few, so I know they werent legal.

Most were good people and I can't say that I blame them because I'm sure I'd do the same thing if I were in their shoes. But I'm torn in how I feel about that because I'm not particularly for immigration and I'm surely not for allowing refugees in the country or anywhere in the Western world until a drastic change is made and they are ready to assimilate. I'm sorry but that's just how I feel about that situation right now.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(11-20-2015, 12:36 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I was going to go that route, but he's barely relevant anymore.
Wink

I dunno.  Seems the GOP is running against his 3rd term in the debates.

Ninja
(11-20-2015, 08:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: I dunno.  Seems the GOP is running against his 3rd term in the debates.

Ninja

Seems eerily familiar, as the dems ran against Bush's. 
We know how it goes with the "hey, we're nothing like that guy" routine.
(11-20-2015, 08:31 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Seems eerily familiar, as the dems ran against Bush's. 

Yes...thus the " Ninja".

Smirk
(11-20-2015, 08:31 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Seems eerily familiar, as the dems ran against Bush's. 

It's gotten to the point of ridiculous. Here in Kentucky this last election cycle you had Andy Beshear (son of a mostly popular current Governor) versus Whitney Westerfield for Attorney General. Westerfield, during his time as a public attorney was criticized by coworkers for getting a pedicure and other personal business during the work day that distracted from his public job. He almost beat Beshear, whose main knock came in ads calling him Andy Obama.

Because, obviously, they're brothers. Or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-20-2015, 11:37 AM)Benton Wrote: It's gotten to the point of ridiculous. Here in Kentucky this last election cycle you had Andy Beshear (son of a mostly popular current Governor) versus Whitney Westerfield for Attorney General. Westerfield, during his time as a public attorney was criticized by coworkers for getting a pedicure and other personal business during the work day that distracted from his public job. He almost beat Beshear, whose main knock came in ads calling him Andy Obama.

Because, obviously, they're brothers. Or something.
Dang.... I'd immediately lose respect for anyone using a sophomoric tactic like that. 
:snark: