Poll: If the Bengals had to play the Patriots in the playoffs would they win?
This poll is closed.
Yes
86.49%
64 86.49%
No
13.51%
10 13.51%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can The Bengals Beat The Patriots?
(10-06-2015, 11:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'd bet you on it, but we all know how that would shake out on your end...eh?

I don't bet on things I don't control.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'll bet you on it. Just know that I already have a sig bet going right now.

I have sigs blocked, yo.  I have no clue what your sig says.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't bet on things I don't control.

Except when you do and then back out later.

Really though....betting on things you CAN control? Talk about stacking the deck in your favor.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I have sigs blocked, yo.  I have no clue what your sig says.

I don't have a sig. I have a sig bet. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:25 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't have a sig. I have a sig bet. 

Oh. Cool.  Let's just say that I hope that you win.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Really though....betting on things you CAN control? Talk about stacking the deck in your favor.

It is called being smart.

I know what I can do.  I have no control over what can happen in a football games.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know what I can do.  I have no control over what can happen in a football games.

Pssssshhh....and you call yourself a fan...
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:46 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Pssssshhh....and you call yourself a fan...

A smart fan.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 01:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A smart fan.

Not smart enough to have an effect on the outcome though.  Weak.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
As long as the bet isn't too serious and only fun in nature I will accept it Cupcakes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We didn't play the Chargers?

The Chargers aren't anywhere close to NE in terms of offensive explosiveness. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 01:21 AM)The Dangler Wrote: The Chargers aren't anywhere close to NE in terms of offensive explosiveness. 

The Chargers are 3rd in the league in yards per game.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 01:24 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Chargers are 3rd in the league in yards per game.

They're also only averaging 24 points per game vs. New England's 39. 

We let Kansas City put up 461 total yards on us. And that was while sacking Alex Smith 5 times. Brady's chance of turning those 7 field goals into touchdowns is probably pretty high. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 04:14 AM)The Dangler Wrote: They're also only averaging 24 points per game vs. New England's 39. 

We let Kansas City put up 461 total yards on us. And that was while sacking Alex Smith 5 times. Brady's chance of turning those 7 field goals into touchdowns is probably pretty high. 

putting up 51 points against the Jags, and only playing 3 games so far this season inflate their points per game by a lot. They have only played against one defense that's in the top half of the league so far this year. That's only if you consider Buffalo having a good defense (which I think they do, but their 29nd in yards allowed per game, and 14th in points allowed per game).
Reply/Quote
I think we could beat them at PBS. Would be a tough game, but possible. Foxboro would be unlikely. I'd hate to have to play them there.

I think Gronk's health is the key to their success. He seems to get hurt at least once a year. They're a good team without him, but with him it's almost not fair.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals can and will beat the Patriots this year in the AFC Championship Game played in Cincinnati for the right to play in the Super Bowl where they will meet the Green Bay Packers and come away as victors.

It's our freaking turn to go all the way.

You just gotta believe.
Do you believe?
If you believe, can I get a WHO-DEY?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 04:49 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: putting up 51 points against the Jags, and only playing 3 games so far this season inflate their points per game by a lot. They have only played against one defense that's in the top half of the league so far this year. That's only if you consider Buffalo having a good defense (which I think they do, but their 29nd in yards allowed per game, and 14th in points allowed per game).

29nd?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 07:25 AM)PhilHos Wrote: 29nd?

They're actually 22nd, but whatever....like he said, at this point in the season there is too small of a sample size to say whether or not that stat is indicative of what the team is actually going to be.

BUT.....if you take out the game they played against New England, they'd be 9th in yards allowed.  If you take out the game that Jacksonville played against New England, they'd be 10th in yards allowed, rather than 18th.

It's more likely that the Patriots are just that good offensively (whether someone wants to dismiss it or not) than that they're playing crap defensive teams.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 07:36 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: They're actually 22nd, but whatever....like he said, at this point in the season there is too small of a sample size to say whether or not that stat is indicative of what the team is actually going to be.

BUT.....if you take out the game they played against New England, they'd be 9th in yards allowed.  If you take out the game that Jacksonville played against New England, they'd be 10th in yards allowed, rather than 18th.

It's more likely that the Patriots are just that good offensively (whether someone wants to dismiss it or not) than that they're playing crap defensive teams.

Whoops. They're 29th in pass yards per game.
Reply/Quote
The simple answer is... yes. Of course they can because its simply..the NFL.  the Lions could beat the Pats any given sunday.

But to get little more dynamic in the conversation...this Bengals team has already beaten this Patriots team.  Every season is different and our defense was a top 3 defense when we beat them in the jungle a couple seasons ago..but I don't see why we wouldn't be able to do it again.  Our offense is more equipped and developed than it was when we played them in Cincy a couple seasons ago, so we can put more points on the board if needed.

But no this Bengals roster of 2015..is deeper than the Patriots roster.  Clearly they have advantage at HC, QB, and TE (although I think that's actually closer than most will think).  But depending on the injury story at the time, location, "time of day" Tongue, whats on the line, whether the Bengals have truly developed from their blunders of season's past, whose side the football God's are on...yes we can beat the Patriots..

if were facing them in the AFC Championship..in Foxsborough..I wouldn't bet my income on Bengals winning, but on paper..yes Bengals can beat them.  and I hope it comes to that point :)
Reply/Quote