Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Address The Glass Eater In The Room?
How many seasons and offensive line iterations is it going to take before we replace Polllock? This season was supposed to be the best OL we've had since 2015 and today this OL looked like it was out matched in every way shape and form. You can't blame Burrows calf on that. The guy at one point got hit within a second of having the ball snapped to him.

Pollock should have had this line ready week one and I hope the Bengals are ready to move on from him. At some point the well has to run dry with excuses and reasons why this lin e continues year after year to perform so poorly.

It cost us a Super Bowl and an AFC Championship game. If we stay status quo it will cost us this season as well. Rip the band aid off and get someone else in here to do the job because Pollock isn't cutting the mustard.
Reply/Quote
Agreed replacing an o-line coach should be very simple. Get someone in here that's had success.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 10:58 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Agreed replacing an o-line coach should be very simple. Get someone in here that's had success.

Judging from the current pattern of hires...Alexander or Turner would probably be the hire.
Reply/Quote
Pollack is basically a guy in his 20s on a night out talking to a girl saying he’s a dolphin trainer when in reality he stocks shelves at target.

You hear him speak and you think how can this not work? He’s motivating and sound like he’s saying all the right things.

Then you see ex pros watch videos of his training methods saying how he’s doing everything wrong almost mocking him.

We’ve just invested over a quarter of a billion dollars on a guy who gets **** all protection despite having SB champions and pro bowlers on the line.

Our run game is none existent despite a pro bowl RB. Who’s the run game coordinator? Fat Frank.

You hear Taylor and reporters say how good it is that we have kept the same coaching staff, well I’m sorry but I don’t think the local high school would hire the idiot at this point.

He has to go because it’s going to come to a point that Burrow gets hurt again or we blow another opportunity at a ring because he hasn’t coached these players to an acceptable standard.
Reply/Quote
The oline wasn't the biggest problem.

They singled Chase and Tee and got pressure with 4 man pressure...and had max coverage of the other guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The oline wasn't the biggest problem.

They singled Chase and Tee and got pressure with 4 man pressure...and had max coverage of the other guys.

How is 4 men beating 5-6 consistently not a problem? I agree they weren't the biggest problem but they were still a problem. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The oline wasn't the biggest problem.

They wouldn’t even be on the short list of problems in this one. Could have had the Eagles OL out there today and it wouldn’t have mattered the way Burrow played.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:24 PM)TheFan Wrote: How is 4 men beating 5-6 consistently not a problem? I agree they weren't the biggest problem but they were still a problem. 

Well one of them was Miles Garrett who beats double teams in his sleep. It’s hard to really judge an OL playing against him.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:24 PM)TheFan Wrote: How is 4 men beating 5-6 consistently not a problem? I agree they weren't the biggest problem but they were still a problem. 

It wasn't that bad. I'd say they played above average.

I'd look at Burrow and playcalling as the major issues.

NFL lines give up pressure. There just wasn't an abnormal amount in this game.

The running game kind of worked too, but they went away from it.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They wouldn’t even be on the short list of problems in this one. Could have had the Eagles OL out there today and it wouldn’t have mattered the way Burrow played.

Yep. The Browns single covered our wrs which never happens...and the Bengals didn't make them pay.

Instead they did short pass after short pass which went nowhere because of all the tacklers.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. The Browns single covered our wrs which never happens...and the Bengals didn't make them pay.

Instead they did short pass after short pass which went nowhere because of all the tacklers.

Schwartz likes to run man coverage, which is why I thought we would see some big plays today. 
HORRORMOVIETALK.COM --- HORRORSOCIETY.COM --- NIGHTCHANNELS.COM
DUSTIN GOEBEL ARTWORK @ PINTEREST --- DARK ART @ MACABRE GALLERY

[Image: imageedit-5-9954707407.gif]
Support your favorite artists, independent filmmakers and movie review podcasters

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It wasn't that bad. I'd say they played above average.

I'd look at Burrow and playcalling as the major issues.

NFL lines give up pressure. There just wasn't an abnormal amount in this game.

The running game kind of worked too, but they went away from it.

I disagree they played above average, or even average, but I agree they weren't the biggest problem. Burrow and the play calling were definitely the bigger issues, as you stated, and I also don't understand why we consistently moved away from things as soon as they started working. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:34 PM)TheFan Wrote: I disagree they played above average, or even average, but I agree they weren't the biggest problem. Burrow and the play calling were definitely the bigger issues, as you stated, and I also don't understand why we consistently moved away from things as soon as they started working. 

Stick with what works and the line looks better too.

The coaches didn't put anyone in position to look good.

Be interesting to see pff grades.
Reply/Quote
I think most people here don’t realize the kind of offense we run likely won’t make any OL look good.

Lot of shotgun, 5 wide, 5 man fronts. When the defense overloads one side of the 5 man front, they’ll always get a guy home. Same when they blitz 6-7. someone will get through.

Not a lot of max protecr. There were some breakdowns (Ahem..Jonah, Karras) but the line was not the issue.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:34 PM)TheFan Wrote: I also don't understand why we consistently moved away from things as soon as they started working. 

It’s what smart coaches do to win ballgames
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They wouldn’t even be on the short list of problems in this one. Could have had the Eagles OL out there today and it wouldn’t have mattered the way Burrow played.

Pretty much....

️ 14/31 
️ 82 yards
️ 0 TD
️ 2 sacks

Mixon got around 4 YPC didn't he? Joe Burrow was dogshit today. Every player has a bad game. This was easily his worst. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I agree.  They didnt look as bad as they have in the past but they were still bad.  Burrow mostly threw short passes but he still had a lot of pressure and QB hits even with getting rid of the ball quick.
Reply/Quote
and yes Pollack needs fired.
Reply/Quote
I'm not entirely sure where the "glass eaters" term came from, and this is not intended for the OP, but I think I've seen enough of our fan base and whoever else referring to our offensive line as the glass eaters. It was cute in the preseason last year. Our offensive line has proven to be nowhere near "glass eaters".
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:32 PM)JUDAS MESIAS Wrote: Schwartz likes to run man coverage, which is why I thought we would see some big plays today. 

How can you have a big play when the defensive line is in the backfield before the play even develops?  
Reply/Quote