Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Address The Glass Eater In The Room?
(09-10-2023, 11:55 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: I'm not entirely sure where the "glass eaters" term came from, and this is not intended for the OP, but I think I've seen enough of our fan base and whoever else referring to our offensive line as the glass eaters. It was cute in the preseason last year. Our offensive line has proven to be nowhere near "glass eaters".

Frank Pollock himself said he is looking for glass eater offensive linemen. He's the one who was bringing that term up when saying how he wanted to strengthen the OL. Well there are multiple  glass eater lineman on our team now with SB rings and the only thing Pollock has them eating is ass. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:02 AM)GodFather Wrote: Frank Pollock himself said he is looking for glass eater offensive linemen. He's the one who was bringing that term up when saying how he wanted to strengthen the OL. Well there are multiple  glass eater lineman on our team now with SB rings and the only thing Pollock has them eating is ass. 

Maybe we can bring Alexander back and they can combine their coaching talents to judge the linemen on how they put ketchup on the glass they eat...that ought to result in a great line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:45 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I think most people here don’t realize the kind of offense we run likely won’t make any OL look good.

Lot of shotgun, 5 wide, 5 man fronts. When the defense overloads one side of the 5 man front, they’ll always get a guy home. Same when they blitz 6-7. someone will get through.

Not a lot of max protecr. There were some breakdowns (Ahem..Jonah, Karras) but the line was not the issue.

It's like an effort to avoid the fact that this game was lost by Joe Burrow and Zac Taylor. No other factor even comes close. 
Reply/Quote
Firing Pollack is neither here nor there. The real issue is how the Bengals draft offensive lineman. Duke just isn't good at it. When was the last time we had drafted a great player on the line? 2012 Kevin Zeitler?

What's even more wild is the guys we have signed for the offensive line don't fit Zacs system. Zac is a wide zone guy and we're forced to run a man gapping scheme on offense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe we can bring Alexander back and they can combine their coaching talents to judge the linemen on how they put ketchup on the glass they eat...that ought to result in a great line.

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Forget glass eaters. I want film watchers.

Everyone knows what Myles Garrett brings to the table. Did Frank Pollack adjust to meet this challenge?

No.

To me the issue is simple. If changing personnel on the offensive line doesn’t work then the problem lies with the coach. No matter who the Bengals start on the offensive line the same problems persist: Missing assignments, getting beat with spin moves, getting backed up into Joe Burrow’s lap, and failing to open seams in the A- and B-gaps.

The problem isn’t with the players; they are executing the game plan exactly as they are coached. The issue is with the game plan itself along with horrible blocking technique.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The oline wasn't the biggest problem.

They singled Chase and Tee and got pressure with 4 man pressure...and had max coverage of the other guys.

No just a consistent problem that has Pollack with all our investments is not getting the return we expected. 
Reply/Quote