Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Admit
That Andre Smith was a stud and highly underrated around here. I don't think the weakness in the right side of the line is just some coincidence. Andre was a good pass blocker, but more importantly he was a beast in the run game. I miss the push he would get..

Miss ya big boy.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say he's a stud, but he was certainly solid and Ogbuehi has been dreadfully bad.

Honestly, I never wanted to get rid of Andre in the first place and that's why I was so miffed when we drafted a pair of tackles last year. Andre was solid and affordable. Good combo.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That Andre Smith was a stud and highly underrated around here. I don't think the weakness in the right side of the line is just some coincidence. Andre was a good pass blocker, but more importantly he was a beast in the run game. I miss the push he would get..

Miss ya big boy.

Can we admit that he wasn't great?  He is on IR in min and they were able to block well yesterday

Vikings have lost Matt Khalil, AP, bridgwater. Smith as of today 

Yesterday they played without their top WR, their RT, their guard went out with a concussion.

Anyway... Injuries happen and the bengals really haven't had it that bad.  They have been without a TE all season.  At this point they should have been able to make adjustments. 

2016 bengals so far in two words (3 actually).  Unprepared & out physicalled 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That Andre Smith was a stud and highly underrated around here. I don't think the weakness in the right side of the line is just some coincidence. Andre was a good pass blocker, but more importantly he was a beast in the run game. I miss the push he would get..

Miss ya big boy.

I was happy to see him go and still am, but, my goodness, was he the key to this line!?!?  No way.  What on earth has happened to this line , besides not being physically prepared to compete in the NFL?
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith a stud? Eh, I don't know about that but I would definitely welcome him back with open arms and a smile at this point. What I am shocked by is just how bad Ced has looked. The young man has looked overpowered on almost every series I have seen.
Reply/Quote
He may not have been the best RT in the league, but he was a good one. The main bonus was that he didn't need babysitting from Zeitler, so Bodine was able to get a lot more help. Now Zeitler has to help Ogb and it leaves Bodine up for massive failures. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:06 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Can we admit that he wasn't great?  He is on IR in min and they were able to block well yesterday

Vikings have lost Matt Khalil, AP, bridgwater. Smith as of today 

Yesterday they played without their top WR, their RT, their guard went out with a concussion.

Anyway... Injuries happen and the bengals really haven't had it that bad.  They have been without a TE all season.  At this point they should have been able to make adjustments. 

2016 bengals so far in two words (3 actually).  Unprepared & out physicalled 

uuuhhmm.... that's 4

As  to the rest: It does nothing to dispel how good Andre was/is. The Pats went 3-1 without Brady, does that mean Brady is not good?  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't say he's a stud, but he was certainly solid and Ogbuehi has been dreadfully bad.

Honestly, I never wanted to get rid of Andre in the first place and that's why I was so miffed when we drafted a pair of tackles last year. Andre was solid and affordable. Good combo.

I really have nothing to back me up on this, but I always had a hunch that Smith really didn't want to be here even when he signed the extension in 2013.  Again, I could be dead wrong, but that's just what it seemed to me.

Also, unfortunately for him and the Vikes he is likely done for the year
http://www.startribune.com/andre-smith-is-latest-loss-for-vikings-offensive-line/396594661/
Reply/Quote
It doesnt help Zeitler went on an all crack diet and looks like he weighs about 250lbs.

Its no secret it takes offensive linemen awhile to adapt. Most of the first round tackles dont come out like world beaters.

We groomed Andre for years. He struggled at first. But definitely got better. Letting him walk and keeping Winston pissed me off big time.

Why is it we draft first round CBs and make them sit for years. We draft OL and hand them jobs. Ogbuehi missed most of his rookie year, barely played, definitely did nothing to earn the job, and we handed a starting spot to him. Bodine was a 4th round pick we handed a starting spot to. And he still hasnt earned it.
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith was 10x the road grader Cedric is.
Andre had really good techniques.
his anchor was sound and he he rarely over extended
the only player I seen beat Andre off the edge was Jabaal Sheard
I was not thrilled the Bengals drafting 2 OTs.
Especially when they could have drafted a burner like Phillip Dorsett.
Cedric IMO is not physical.enough. he has no punch out of his stance
and he's gets beat off the edge too much.
Fisher has done what?
catch a 30 yd pass?
Reply/Quote
I think people are getting nostalgia goggles for Andre right now. He was pretty awful last year for the Bengals, and speed rushers always made him their biatch.

Now he is doing the thing he is best at, and that is being injured. 8 seasons, 4 with less than 10 games healthy, 2 with 16 games healthy.

Ced isn't good, but let's not pretend Andre was some great RT.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Can we admit that we have more talent than Minnesota but zimmer wouldn't put up with the piss effort our players have given .

The team has become complacent because marvin is . I don't hate marvin but he will never light a fire under this team.

Tampa Bay fired Tony dungy , hired gruden then they win the super bowl..
Reply/Quote
Andre's time has passed, and the coaches knew it. Before he went on injured reserve this year, he was getting beaten like a bass drum up in Minnesota.
Reply/Quote

Miss ya big boy.

He was not a stud but I think he was one of those players who did not help himself in terms of how he came across and hence was probably underrated over the course of his time with us.

To be honest though all of this is just a reaction to how godawful Ogbuehi is right now.  When benching him for Eric Winston seems a vaguely sensible option then you know you're in trouble.

I had no problem getting rid of Smith based on the hoopla around how good Ogbuehi was looking....unfortunately Ogbuehi is coming across like a Paul Alexander vanity project who seduced him with his 'quick feet' and athleticism. The fact he seems to have no football strength and sand in his pants seems to have been overlooked.
Reply/Quote
Andre was fine. Solid in pass and run game. Now Ced is absolutely worthless right now. Gets overpowered n looks lost out There. There is no way in hell he would be playing for Belichek. He would have been cut in preseason. Omg he's bad. I just watched the Dallas game again. Not sure who's worst. Bodine or Ced.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:50 AM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Can we admit that we have more talent than Minnesota but zimmer wouldn't put up with the piss effort our players have given .

The team has become complacent because marvin is . I don't hate marvin but he will never light a fire under this team.

Tampa Bay fired Tony dungy , hired gruden then they win the super bowl..

The Vikings defense is much better than our defense, it is not close and they a ton of talent also. We have them at QB and WR, they have us at TE. They have us on special teams with Patterson. I love Zim, but to act like they don't have talent is a stretch.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith is like when Paul Janish was a Red. People keep thinking he was so good because the team overall played better when he was playing. But when looking at him individually, he was never more than serviceable.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Andre rarely lived up to what I thought he would be when he was drafted. I agree with others who say he looks better now because of being compared to Ogbuehi. Cedric looks terrible out there, and even worse is the fact that he often looks lost. He gets over powered, guys run right past and around him.

I did not understand taking two tackles and then immediately extending Whitworth. If you want to take one to replace Smith, whom you are planning to let go, great. Don't take two though when one of those picks could have been used to immediately upgrade your team.
Reply/Quote
I guess it depends on how you look at it. In the grand scheme of things was he a stud? Probably not, but he was a solid right tackle while here. Now what about when we compare him with what we've seen from Ced? In this scenario he looks like an all-pro.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He may not have been the best RT in the league, but he was a good one. The main bonus was that he didn't need babysitting from Zeitler, so Bodine was able to get a lot more help. Now Zeitler has to help Ogb and it leaves Bodine up for massive failures. 

In other words, Zeit is too busy babysitting Ogbuehi to babysit Bodine.

Btw, I don't think I've ever whipped out the bust label after 4 games, but I'd be lying if I said I thought there was much hope for Ogbuehi. Dude looks thoroughly outclassed. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote