Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Admit
(10-11-2016, 07:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Andre Smith started 4 games his second year, only was active for 7, was injured more, and looked like crap.

I did say 'or third' year  Tongue
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 04:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I doubt there's any thought of bringing Fisher in. PA said that he pounded/stood on the table in the war room when our pick was up in 2015. He campaigned so hard for Ced and got him. No way he will bench his prodigal son.

If Mike can't let go of PA as a position coach...  can't he at least relinquish his voice in picking talent?

As they say if Mr. Alexander is such a "touted" individual, wouldn't doing so make him want to pursue a job elsewhere?

"The problem will just work itself out."

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mcdb22d03cbd6883decdd19d0e9c6d...=297&h=157]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 04:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I doubt there's any thought of bringing Fisher in. PA said that he pounded/stood on the table in the war room when our pick was up in 2015. He campaigned so hard for Ced and got him. No way he will bench his prodigal son.

I was not aware of this.  So we the two worst people on the offensive line, the two who are really terrible, are both personal PA picks Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 10:58 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I was not aware of this.  So we the two worst people on the offensive line, the two who are really terrible, are both personal PA picks Ninja

You should see his press conference after we selected Ced. PA was basically floating on cloud 9 the whole time.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Andre Smith started 4 games his second year, only was active for 7, was injured more, and looked like crap.

He's also out for the year in Minnesota with an injury.
Reply/Quote
I still wonder how much of the problems are talent on the OL and how much are just poor technique, especially given that we have had over the past few years both Munoz and Walter blast our line on poor technique. Things like angles, whether you block firing forward or standing up, making sure you account for your man before doing stuff like pulls and traps and things like that.

Perhaps with the new linemen we should ditch the pull plays and such for a few games and just have them get low then fire off the snap and drive block. It lets them use size more and also simplifies things while they get into some kind of sync.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't say he's a stud, but he was certainly solid and Ogbuehi has been dreadfully bad.

Honestly, I never wanted to get rid of Andre in the first place and that's why I was so miffed when we drafted a pair of tackles last year. Andre was solid and affordable. Good combo.

Definitely this. Big Og has been just as bad as Bodine more than he has actually been good. This is terrifying. I'd really rather see Fischer get the start if Ced keeps blowing chunks like he has been. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith- above average on running plays

Below average on pass pro.

If we had hit with our draft pick, it was a good decision to let him go.

Tackles sometimes take awhile so give the kid some more time before we call him a bust.

Bodine has had 2 years and four games and remains awful.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 10:58 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I was not aware of this.  So we the two worst people on the offensive line, the two who are really terrible, are both personal PA picks Ninja

Even more reason PA should be fired. 

(10-12-2016, 06:35 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Andre Smith- above average on running plays

Below average on pass pro.

If we had hit with our draft pick, it was a good decision to let him go.

Tackles sometimes take awhile so give the kid some more time before we call him a bust.

Bodine has had 2 years and four games and remains awful.

Idk man. It's tough to show patience with a guy when he's almost single-handedly costing the team games. A team with SB aspirations.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote