Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Get a Round of Applause for Gio?
(11-01-2020, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But we're not a contender. 

I didn't see that qualifier... We looked like one for a few hours today though. It's a good day when Bfine is firing up the game ball thread.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:01 PM)jason Wrote: I didn't see that qualifier... We looked like one for a few hours today though. It's a good day when Bfine is firing up the game ball thread.

I personally feel this is one of the veterans we don't need to move. He's a class act all around....and not a lot of tread on those tires.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I admit I've been down on Gio for a couple years now but he is really bringing the heat this year. Glad to be proven wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 10:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Gio Bernard had a really nice game today.  

He was far from great rushing, but his YPC wasn't all that much different from what we've seen from Mixon in 5 of 6 games.  What I wanted to focus on is the following...

--- 5 receptions 59 yards with a TD.
--- As always, did a great job blocking.
--- Looked fantastic with the ball in space.

Now, these aren't earth shattering numbers.  But he still had 96 yards of total offense, with a TD.  This in a game where our QB threw the ball 47 times.  He got minimal carries, and a number of them came at the goal line.  All of this behind an already terrible OL that suffered injuries to three starters.

He also has a pretty big reception (I'm guessing around 25 yards) that got call backed on a ticky-tack block in the back that had no effect on his run after catch.

All in all, a really nice performance from Gio.

This is a guy that has been pretty much forgotten for the last few years, that we haven't done enough to get involved.  Yet he stepped up today and showed that he's still a very unique weapon.  And he even topped it off with a real nice interview after the game where he perfectly illustrated what a good dude he is, and a great teammate.

The Carlos Dunlaps of the world go to social media and pout like a little *****, when they see their usage drop.  The Gio Bernards accept the role, and show up when called upon in relief, without ever putting themselves before the team.

We need to figure how to get the ball into this dude's hands more, and we more need guys like Gio.  So I just figured JN could give this dude a hand.  IMHO, he freakin deserves it.

One added benefit to having a mammoth offensive line is a RB the size of Gio can kind of "hide" behind it when rushing up the middle.  The TD run was a great example of this.  

Gio has always been a class guy and is a leader on this team.  We need more Gio's and fewer Dunlaps.  Love that the defense had a solid game in their first game without him.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 06:18 AM)treee Wrote: I admit I've been down on Gio for a couple years now but he is really bringing the heat this year. Glad to be proven wrong.

I wouldn’t say I was ever down on him, but I have always considered him a bit overrated by our fan base. I don’t think he’s better than Mixon, or could start on most teams, etc. Which seem to be commonly held beliefs around here.

Bottom line though? He’s a really good player for us, and is one of the most likable guys we’ve ever had. He should pass Brooks next season for most games played for a Bengals RB.

Reply/Quote
Gio is a stud.. he has never gotten enough reps but when you look at what he has accomplished with limited playing time and is probably one of the best blitz pickup RBs in the league.. his intangibles are very important. Without him yesterday not sure if we win the game...
Reply/Quote