Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Can We Talk About Football?"
These were the words coming out of my mouth during any time our offense had the ball and Mixon was in.

There were 5 whole minutes of actual game time (the long 3rd quarter drive I believe) in which we didn't hear a damn thing about what was going on on the field, but instead had to hear about Mixon's off field issues.

Is this how it is going to be this entire season... his entire career?

Of the myriad of things that irked me last night, this was near the top of the list. I mean COME ON, can we analyze what is ACTAULLY happening in the game, instead of something that happened 4 years ago and has been addressed over and over and over.

I wish the NFL would just decide where they stand on this guy. They push for him to be the starter, yet constantly bring up how much of a PoS he is.... In the article about firing Ken Zampese on NFL.com, they make a snyde little comment about getting Mixon more involved in the offense. "The hope in Cincinnati is that the coordinator switch will lead to a more consistent backfield rotation, perhaps with Joe Mixon gaining a larger share, and an uptick in targets for Green."

So what is it NFL, do you want Mixon or not?
Reply/Quote
Mixon will end that talk if and when he starts tearing it up. He hasn't convinced the media to change the narrative
Reply/Quote
It will happen every time the Bengals are on a new channel/time or have a new broadcast team.
Reply/Quote
This is just how it goes. He has a history, and since he has a history AND plays for the Bengals it will be brought up ad nauseam. For me, that talk is just waves on a beach at this point.
Reply/Quote
The sad thing is, if the video didn't come out... Nobody would remember he hit that girl.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be like this the whole year. The only thing Mixon or the team can do about it at this point is actually play football. If he's lighting it up you will still hear about it but it will be more along the lines like " great to see this kid get another chance" or something like " the incident could have defined him but look how well he's handled the situation and moved on as a person and a player". Until he starts playing lights out it will be there, and even when he does good, it will be brought up in a different manner.
Reply/Quote
There are consequences to ones actions and he did do it.

But they do beat it into the ground for something that happened so long ago. Plus he already was suspend an entire year for it in college.

If he becomes great it will quiet down a lot like Ray Lewis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
To be fair....they were getting a perspective from a resident of Cincinnati in Cris Collinsworth.  That's a little different than most of the talk surrounding him.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It'll get worse if Mixon starts to perform, difficult with this line. With Mixon's fumble and Ross's fumble it made me think wow Marvin Lewis must hate this, playing rookies always thinking they're not ready and trying to groom them for years - now playing them and poor performances.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Chris Collinsworth tried to look positive as far as the team goes! However, he exchanged some negative comments as well! Had to be careful a/o he was being honored at halftime!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 12:17 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: The sad thing is, if the video didn't come out... Nobody would remember he hit that girl.

Even though it did, people need to get off their high horses, and quit casting stones. People shouldn't be judged by their worst moment. Especially when that moment happened when they were 17 years old or whatever. Anyone who claims to not have actions in their past that they are ashamed of is a damned liar.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Don't break a girl's face/draft a guy who broke a girl's face, then?

Of course it's going to be talked about. What else did you expect?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 02:11 PM)jason Wrote: Even though it did, people need to get off their high horses, and quit casting stones. People shouldn't be judged by their worst moment. Especially when that moment happened when they were 17 years old or whatever. Anyone who claims to not have actions in their past that they are ashamed of is a damned liar.

I agree 100%. I just find it ridiculous that most people need to see video to become outraged. Where was the outrage when it happened 4 years ago? Where was the outrage when Ray Rice was first arrested for hitting his fiancée in an elevator? There was some minimal disgust, sure. But nobody was really pissed about either incident until the videos came out. Maybe it's just me but that is just plain sad.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 02:46 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I agree 100%. I just find it ridiculous that most people need to see video to become outraged. Where was the outrage when it happened 4 years ago? Where was the outrage when Ray Rice was first arrested for hitting his fiancée in an elevator? There was some minimal disgust, sure. But nobody was really pissed about either incident until the videos came out. Maybe it's just me but that is just plain sad.

Because there's a difference between hearing about hitting someone and watching him knock her out before callously grabbing her ankle, and dragging her limp unconscious body through a hotel?

How is that even in question?

That's like asking why is watching someone shot to death effects you more than just hearing "yup, someone got shot to death today" on the news. Bad post, man.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 02:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because there's a difference between hearing about hitting someone and watching him knock her out before callously grabbing her ankle, and dragging her limp unconscious body through a hotel?

How is that even in question?

That's like asking why is watching someone shot to death effects you more than just hearing "yup, someone got shot to death today" on the news. Bad post, man.

Well I guess it is just me. My outrage level won't ever be affected by seeing an incident vs simply hearing about it. I'm just as disgusted with what Ray and Mixon did before the videos came out. It didn't take a visual account of what happened to make me feel any better or worse about it.

The details about what Mixon and Ray did were in the press, simply seeing them shouldn't be the reason Ray was blackballed from the league and why Mixon's draft stock was destroyed. It happened just the same, whether it was on camera or not. The fact that it was captured on camera is irrelevant IMO. The punishment and public backlash should be the same regardless. 

Mixon paid his debt to society and like I said, if the video of the incident never came out a lot of people would have forgotten he ever did it. I find that incredibly sad. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 03:13 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well I guess it is just me. My outrage level won't ever be affected by seeing an incident vs simply hearing about it. I'm just as disgusted with what Ray and Mixon did before the videos came out. It didn't take a visual account of what happened to make me feel any better or worse about it.

The details about what Mixon and Ray did were in the press, simply seeing them shouldn't be the reason Ray was blackballed from the league and why Mixon's draft stock was destroyed. It happened just the same, whether it was on camera or not. The fact that it was captured on camera is irrelevant IMO. The punishment and public backlash should be the same regardless. 

Mixon paid his debt to society and like I said, if the video of the incident never came out a lot of people would have forgotten he ever did it. I find that incredibly sad. 

So you're telling me you feel the same outrage over hearing a rape than if you were forced to watch it?
The same reading a book about the holocaust than if you had to watch it?
The same hearing about a kid in Chicago got shot than if you had to watch them bleed out?

I mean, come on man. I call BS. No you wouldn't. Otherwise you'd need to talk to a therapist anytime you watched the news or read any articles about any war happening.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 03:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So you're telling me you feel the same outrage over hearing a rape than if you were forced to watch it?
The same reading a book about the holocaust than if you had to watch it?
The same hearing about a kid in Chicago got shot than if you had to watch them bleed out?

I mean, come on man. I call BS. No you wouldn't. Otherwise you'd need to talk to a therapist anytime you watched the news or read any articles about any war happening.

Haha wow. Now obviously all that is different. I see what you're saying but those aren't exactly fair comparisons. You're taking this way too extreme. 

Did you feel different about ray rice when you saw the video? I honestly didn't. If that means I need therapy then okay, maybe I do.

The media painted a pretty clear picture of what happened before the video came out. I could use my imagination. I was just as disgusted with him before and after the video. Now if Ray committed rape or murder that'd admittedly be much harder to watch and things would be way different. There would be a huge amount of public backlash right from the start. Ray would be blacklisted from the league as soon as the incident happened. It wouldn't take video evidence for that to happen. And should his punishment or level of hatred be any different simply because there were video cameras present? I don't believe there should be... No? 

Ok, I'll seek out a therapist   Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 02:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't break a girl's face/draft a guy who broke a girl's face, then?

Of course it's going to be talked about. What else did you expect?

Oh, I expect it to be mentioned. 1 - 2 minutes on the topic is warranted.

I just thought the 7 minute long rant was overdone during the one time in the game the Bengals offense was actually doing something.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 04:10 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Ok, I'll seek out a therapist   Sad

With this team we'll all wind up at one anyway, so best to get there before the line forms.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
They were bound to address it, but I actually though the crew did a nice job of making it clear that the reason he was a controversial pick wasn't that he hit a girl 4 years ago, but that the video came out just before the draft.

The implication being, of course, that the image-obsessed NFL would have happily drafted him in the 1st round if there wasn't video evidence all over the news. And, IMO, it was almost an endorsement of the Bengals for being brave/stubborn enough to draft the kid.
Reply/Quote