Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrelle Pryor, 1 year, $6 million to Redskins...
I am completely dumbfounded by this...

What happened to Cleveland? Why did he only get a one-year deal?

Why the hell couldn't the Bengals have offered a 4 year, $30 million dollar deal that was loaded with incentives?

I don't think they even tried. Sorry, but we aren't going to get a game changing WR in the 3rd round...and I doubt the Bengals will take a weapon like Ross in the first round with their current situation on the offensive line.

We are paying $5 million per year for Brandon LaFell, who may be a real "professional" but can't separate from most teams #2 CB. I simply don't get it. The guy produced on a team where he was the only WR threat and had horrible QB play. Well, it looks like he will get a chance to do that again as the Skins have lost Garcon and Jackson and seem to have thoroughly pissed off their supposed franchise QB. Good luck, Pryor...your first order of business should be to fire your agent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I saw 1yr/$8m.

Nobody trusts a 1-year WR on a crappy team that played a lot of garbage time. Pryor wanted top tier WR money, nobody is going to give that to a guy who can't run routes yet, so he is betting on himself this year.

Bengals couldn't offer him 1yr/$8m anyway for two reasons...
1. Adam Jones, who for god-knows-what-reason is still on this team and called him "trash" to the national media.
2. Most importantly, the Bengals don't have the cap space. Kirkpatrick took up a little over $10m, the Bengals only had "$15m", so that's $3m over their capspace. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 12:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I saw 1yr/$8m.

Nobody trusts a 1-year WR on a crappy team that played a lot of garbage time. Pryor wanted top tier WR money, nobody is going to give that to a guy who can't run routes yet, so he is betting on himself this year.

1. Adam Jones, who for god-knows-what-reason is still on this team and called him "trash" to the national media.
2. Most importantly, the Bengals don't have the cap space. Kirkpatrick took up a little over $10m, the Bengals only had "$15m", so that's $3m over their capspace. Ninja

but in reality we had 38-40 million. Now ik u mentioned wr, but fa market trusts 1 year wonders at cb all the time(see norman, bouye, kirkpatrick). Dont know why the same cant be done for wr
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 12:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I saw 1yr/$8m.

I apologize.  I saw $6 million in one spot and didn't double check it...the number is apparently $8 million without knowing the details of base vs. incentives.

That doesn't change the fact that a longer term deal as I suggested with a greater guarantee wouldn't have been a more than competitive offer.  

As far as affordability goes, I completely agree with your assesment of Jones, and I think they will release him after June 1st because it saves them quite a bit more money.  

As far as being a 1 year WR on a crappy team that "nobody trusts", I would argue that is part of his intrigue.  I watched all his games and I didn't see him get a lot of garbage yards.  I saw him start pretty darn well and fade as his teammates dropped life flies and his QB play suffered.  James Urban is one of the Bengals coaches that I feel could really turn him in to a Pro Bowl talent, especially with AJ Green on the other side of the field.  

I don't know...I'm just whining about the lack of apparent interest.  I think something could have been done that would have instantly improved this team's offense on all points of the field, but especially the red zone.  

So now, I am back to praying that Ced Ogbuehi somehow figures out how to be stronger, have better balance, and be a consistent LT in the NFL with a whopping one start under his belt there.  And I guess John Ross in the first sounds pretty good, but they will have to slide back and generate additional picks.  
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I apologize.  I saw $6 million in one spot and didn't double check it...the number is apparently $8 million without knowing the details of base vs. incentives.

That doesn't change the fact that a longer term deal as I suggested with a greater guarantee wouldn't have been a more than competitive offer.  

As far as affordability goes, I completely agree with your assesment of Jones, and I think they will release him after June 1st because it saves them quite a bit more money.  

As far as being a 1 year WR on a crappy team that "nobody trusts", I would argue that is part of his intrigue.  I watched all his games and I didn't see him get a lot of garbage yards.  I saw him start pretty darn well and fade as his teammates dropped life flies and his QB play suffered.  James Urban is one of the Bengals coaches that I feel could really turn him in to a Pro Bowl talent, especially with AJ Green on the other side of the field.  

I don't know...I'm just whining about the lack of apparent interest.  I think something could have been done that would have instantly improved this team's offense on all points of the field, but especially the red zone.  

So now, I am back to praying that Ced Ogbuehi somehow figures out how to be stronger, have better balance, and be a consistent LT in the NFL with a whopping one start under his belt there.  And I guess John Ross in the first sounds pretty good, but they will have to slide back and generate additional picks.  

Why did the Browns with 100 million in cap space go after Britt and multi year deal? My guess is Pryor decided he wanted an average of 7 million a year for 4 years with 60% guaranteed and all 32 teams said he'll no
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 01:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why did the Browns with 100 million in cap space go after Britt and multi year deal? My guess is Pryor decided he wanted an average of 7 million a year for 4 years with 60% guaranteed and all 32 teams said he'll no

It is extremely odd...and I thought he was "Hue's guy", after taking him in Oakland, bringing him in to Cincy, and ultimately to Cleveland.

I think Pryor is doing the "bet on himself", but the team he just joined is more dysfunctional than where he left.  

Either way, I would have offered him the deal and gone with a defensive stud in Rd 1...now, I want John Ross. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 01:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why did the Browns with 100 million in cap space go after Britt and multi year deal? My guess is Pryor decided he wanted an average of 7 million a year for 4 years with 60% guaranteed and all 32 teams said he'll no

Word I heard was Pryor was looking for #1 WR money. Nobody was going to pay him $12-13m/yr, so he took a 1 year deal somewhere that he was guaranteed the #1 WR job (WAS lost both Garcon and Jackson).

So he will be a #1 WR and showcase his skills for the next FA.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
With both Garçon and D-Jax leaving Pryor is a nice replacememt for at least one of them. And hopefully with a fully healthy Josh Doctson, who only played two games all last season, the Skins passing game should stay on point.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I apologize.  I saw $6 million in one spot and didn't double check it...the number is apparently $8 million without knowing the details of base vs. incentives.

I believe he turned down a 4 year deal with Cleveland and went to go bet on himself this year to get a bigger contract next season... Cant blame him from wanting out of a place with no QB as of yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 12:37 AM)SHRacer Wrote: Why the hell couldn't the Bengals have offered a 4 year, $30 million dollar deal that was loaded with incentives?

I don't think they even tried.

When he was trying out for us there were incidents of him recording our practices and later showing them to other teams when
cut loose by the Bengals according to hobson.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 12:12 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: When he was trying out for us there were incidents of him recording our practices and later showing them to other teams when
cut loose by the Bengals according to hobson.

would doubt he ever even gets invited back for a workout if they believe that to be true.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:58 AM)Bronze Bengal Wrote: With both Garçon and D-Jax leaving Pryor is a nice replacememt for at least one of them.  And hopefully with a fully healthy Josh Doctson, who only played two games all last season, the Skins passing game should stay on point.

Very likely could, but from a Bengals perspective, I would have loved to have Pryor opposite AJ Green and have the first pick in the draft open to one less position group (WR).  Sadly, I think he might have signed for something like 4 years, $35 million with incentives.  If he or his agent had a clue, they would realize what four years of top performance here could do for him...and it would be a hell of a lot easier with guys like AJ and Eifert on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 05:37 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Very likely could, but from a Bengals perspective, I would have loved to have Pryor opposite AJ Green and have the first pick in the draft open to one less position group (WR).  Sadly, I think he might have signed for something like 4 years, $35 million with incentives.  If he or his agent had a clue, they would realize what four years of top performance here could do for him...and it would be a hell of a lot easier with guys like AJ and Eifert on the field.

that's probly why he went to a receiver needy team.  He wants to get as many targets as he can so he can up his value as much as possible for next year.

He is betting on himself. which could go very well or very badly for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 05:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's probly why he went to a receiver needy team.  He wants to get as many targets as he can so he can up his value as much as possible for next year.

He is betting on himself. which could go very well or very badly for him.

Yeah, a serious injury or a rookie QB and he only makes $6 million, as it appears $2 million of his contract is difficult incentives.  

I just wish the Bengals had got him for such a deal, but for more years and a greater potential ceiling for him.  I know he comes from a very humble background, and he really hasn't had a big contract.  A nice salary for the average person, but after agent fees, etc, he surely can't retire in a few years.  I would have thought a 4 year, $32 million dollar deal would have had him running her as you know the Bengals will honor the length of the contract.  Let it kick up to $40 million with incentives.  I just feel like they missed an opportunity.  

Don't get me wrong.  I am excited about a lot of the WRs in the draft, but I would have liked to spend that first rounder in a DE.  
Reply/Quote