Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a rookie second round pick be a major star for a Super Bowl team?
Cris Collinsworth, 1981....67 rec, 1009 yds, 8 tds

Ickey Woods, 1988......1066 yds, 5.3 avg, 15 td

Tyler Boyd, 2016......??????????
Reply/Quote
He didn't come here looking for trouble....
He just came to do the Super Ickey Shuffle
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
#44 please !!
Reply/Quote
I'd say there's a strong possibility.  

He's considered one of the most NFL ready receivers in the draft.  He is known for running good routes, great hands, good blocking and winning contested balls.   He looks REALLY quick in and out of cuts, he's obviously competitive and confident.  And his numbers were REALLY good at Pittsburgh.

I personally feel that between Boyd and Core our receiver corps was just upgraded from last season and will do nothing but improve all season long.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 02:23 PM)3wt Wrote: I personally feel that between Boyd and Core our receiver corps was just upgraded from last season and will do nothing but improve all season long.

Gah, it's like we've totally given up on trying to convince ourselves that Alford and Wright are hidden gems! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Yes, he can. His name is Sterling Shepard.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 02:44 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Yes, he can.  His name is Sterling Shepard.

lol the Giants have no chance of making the SB. Their defense is garbage, and their offense isn't anything special especially with a lot of their better OL players are leaving the last few years. Boyd is just as good as Shepard too. Shepard has a big hurdle to make with his lack of size.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Gah, it's like we've totally given up on trying to convince ourselves that Alford and Wright are hidden gems! Ninja

At least people can stop kidding themselves about Sanu being anything but sub par.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 03:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: lol the Giants have no chance of making the SB. Their defense is garbage, and their offense isn't anything special especially with a lot of their better OL players are leaving the last few years. Boyd is just as good as Shepard too. Shepard has a big hurdle to make with his lack of size.

I never said the Giants would be in the Super Bowl.

I said Shepard is the 2nd round WR capable of this.  He's twice as good as Tyler Boyd.  Will be the most productive rookie WR in 2016.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 03:28 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I never said the Giants would be in the Super Bowl.

I said Shepard is the 2nd round WR capable of this.  He's twice as good as Tyler Boyd.  Will be the most productive rookie WR in 2016.

The question was Can a rookie second round pick be a major star for a Super Bowl team? Meaning that 2nd round pick has to be on a Super Bowl team.

Shepard isn't anywhere close to twice as good as Boyd. That's just crazy talk. Boyd has way better hands and route running ability, plus he has a major size and blocking advantage. All Shepard has over Boyd is a 10th of a second faster 40 time. Boyd has the ability to be a Houshmandzadeh 2.0

Boyd:                    6'2, 197 lbs, 4.58 40 yard
Houshmandzadeh:  6'2, 203 lbs, 4.59 40 yard

Both have great hands and route running ability. Boyd will probably be used the same as Houshmandzadeh was used when he was here.
Reply/Quote
Agree to disagree. I'm sold that Shepard is going to end up like Antonio Brown. It's a bold prediction, probably a wrong one, but I'm convicted about it. I do think his situation sets him up for a legit shot at offensive ROY.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 04:05 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Agree to disagree.  I'm sold that Shepard is going to end up like Antonio Brown.  It's a bold prediction, probably a wrong one, but I'm convicted about it.  I do think his situation sets him up for a legit shot at offensive ROY.

He won't catch enough passes to win any awards.  You seem to be forgetting OBJ.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not at all.

I'm remembering that a bad Giants team had Rueben Randle with almost 60 catches, 800 yards and 8 TD's. And Rueben Randle is absolutely awful.
Reply/Quote
Can? Sure.

Will? Most likely not.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2016, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can? Sure.

Will? Most likely not.

this^

ive seen crazier shit happen before though. green & tyler will take a lot of the attention off of him in the secondary 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Yes. However, if the team NEEDS the player to be a star, that's a problem. If they ARE one, it should be a bonus on a SB level squad.
Reply/Quote
The odds are against it, and we already have stars in the current receiving corps (Green and Eifert), but I have a really good feeling about Boyd.   Hopefully he starts off strong and continually improves all year and through the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure opposing teams will focus on quickly eliminating him so they can concentrate on shutting down the two existing stars.   Hopefully Boyd - and Core Ninja - prove to be too much of a problem for defenses to allow them to easily shut our new dynamic duo down.
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill, Gio Bernard, Andy Dalton, Jerome Simpson, and Kenny Irons didn't/haven't done it under Marvin Lewis so I would say the odds are pretty low....
Reply/Quote
u just answered your own question in your own post, what do u want us to say now?
Reply/Quote
definitely maybe.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote