Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone record to DVD?
I am in the path of Hurricane Florence and doubt I will get to see the game Thursday night. Does anyone have the ability to record it to DVD?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:58 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: I am in the path of Hurricane Florence and doubt I will get to see the game Thursday night.  Does anyone have the ability to record it to DVD?

Be safe, man!

You can get a one week free trial of NFL Gamepass that will allow you to stream it online starting the day after.  Can't watch it live on there, unfortunately.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:58 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: I am in the path of Hurricane Florence and doubt I will get to see the game Thursday night.  Does anyone have the ability to record it to DVD?

Stay safe.

I just finished prepping the front of the house tonight, locking down the furniture on the front porch.  Tomorrow and Wednesday nights will be spent getting the back of the house in order (probably need 3 days for it).

It won't be as bad here as it will in NC, but it will still be nasty.  Friday is when we'll get the brunt of it.

I doubt I'll lose power during the game, but I'm sure the satellite will lose signal.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:07 PM)Whatever Wrote: Be safe, man!

You can get a one week free trial of NFL Gamepass that will allow you to stream it online starting the day after.  Can't watch it live on there, unfortunately.

Thanks.

That's not a bad idea.  How long do the keep the streams available?  I may be without power for a few days.  They are calling for this to be a cat 4 when it makes landfall.  Back in 2005 Hurricane Wilma shut us down for a week.
Reply/Quote
Be safe and good luck guys
Reply/Quote
Be careful with that weather coming.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Stay safe.

I just finished prepping the front of the house tonight, locking down the furniture on the front porch.  Tomorrow and Wednesday nights will be spent getting the back of the house in order (probably need 3 days for it).

It won't be as bad here as it will in NC, but it will still be nasty.  Friday is when we'll get the brunt of it.

I doubt I'll lose power during the game, but I'm sure the satellite will lose signal.

Maybe, maybe not.  When we were in Florida during one of the hurricanes in 2004 we didn't lose TV until we lost power. 

Stay safe yourself.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:58 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Maybe, maybe not.  When we were in Florida during one of the hurricanes in 2004 we didn't lose TV until we lost power. 

Stay safe yourself.

The last hurricane to come through here, that was my result.  I actually wanted to take a video of it and send it to DirecTV to see if they would give me free service for life for proof that it still works in a hurricane. ThumbsUp  The problem was the occasional power flash would cause the box to reset each time.

Since then I have purchased several uninteruptable power supplies that the receivers plug into to prevent them resetting like that.  However when we had the roof replaced two years ago, DirecTV moved the dish to the yard.  We have clay soil that shifts seasonally, and we are about at the time that we need to get another adjustment to the dish as we currently lose signal pretty easily.  So my fear is the heavy rain will begin on Thursday night and leave me looking for ways to watch the game other than my 52" HD screen. Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:40 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Thanks.

That's not a bad idea.  How long do the keep the streams available?  I may be without power for a few days.  They are calling for this to be a cat 4 when it makes landfall.  Back in 2005 Hurricane Wilma shut us down for a week.

Not sure, but they still have the preseason games up.  
Reply/Quote
Don't know how to record to DVD, can't help you there. But the main thing is keep you and your family safe, there will be other games.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Be safe man!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Not sure what part of NC you are at, but I'm in Charlotte. People are panicking like the world is about to end. I predict we get a few showers, like usual.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:37 AM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: Not sure what part of NC you are at, but I'm in Charlotte.  People are panicking like the world is about to end.  I predict we get a few showers, like usual.

Hope you are right but don't underestimate the power of a tropical system of this power.  You may not get the brute force winds but this one could really pile up the water.

Stay safe!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:37 AM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: Not sure what part of NC you are at, but I'm in Charlotte.  People are panicking like the world is about to end.  I predict we get a few showers, like usual.

About 25 miles SE of Raleigh.
Reply/Quote
Stay safe gentlemen.....got some friends evacuating Wilmington.  Batten down the hatches and stay vigil.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I used to have that capability, but the VCR/DVDr combo took a shit last year.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The game pass is your best legal bet.  All you folks in path of that storm be smart.  My house near Cape Canaveral Florida gets it every few years (did this time last year, got a new roof, repaired water damage and a $9600 deductible bill from the deal) and I always prepare and if it's not coming right at me I ride it out.  But If I ever see anything like a Katrina heading my way - dude, I'm out of there.  Be safe and smart - not sorry.  Wish you folks all the best.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: I used to have that capability, but the VCR/DVDr combo took a shit last year.....

What's a VCR?

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Stay safe.  Thinking of all the people in the path of this system. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote