Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can clinch AFC North next week
With a win over Cleveland and a Pitt loss to Indy, we can clinch the division next week!

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Woo!!! We got an easy win, now it's time to root for indy!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:57 PM)cinci4life Wrote: With a win over Cleveland and a Pitt loss to Indy, we can clinch the division next week!

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must win game
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:57 PM)cinci4life Wrote: With a win over Cleveland and a Pitt loss to Indy, we can clinch the division next week!

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still would need another win, I think.  If your scenario happens and we lose out while Pittsburgh wins out, both teams are 10-6 and 4-2 in the division.  According to the ESPN Playoff Machine, the Steelers win it on tie breakers (presumably common games record, as a Colts victory would give them 5 AFC losses).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Still would need another win, I think.  If your scenario happens and we lose out while Pittsburgh wins out, both teams are 10-6 and 4-2 in the division.  According to the ESPN Playoff Machine, the Steelers win it on tie breakers (presumably common games record, as a Colts victory would give them 5 AFC losses).

Your right, just looked it up
Reply/Quote
Who would have thought that possible on week 13. Amazing.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Still would need another win, I think.  If your scenario happens and we lose out while Pittsburgh wins out, both teams are 10-6 and 4-2 in the division.  According to the ESPN Playoff Machine, the Steelers win it on tie breakers (presumably common games record, as a Colts victory would give them 5 AFC losses).

Bengals would still have a better record against AFC with 8-4 while Pitt would be 7-5 at best which is tie breaker after division record.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:17 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Bengals would still have a better record against AFC with 8-4 while Pitt would be 7-5 at best which is tie breaker after division record.

Nope, common games comes first

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Who would have thought that possible on week 13.  Amazing.

It's not really that big of a mind screw, when you consider we'd have lose out. I mean we could lose a couple more, but lose out - I think we'd have to throw games.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Lets break it down. If the Bengals beat the Browns and then lose out and the Steelers lose to the Colts and then win out.

We'll break it down piece by piece.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). 1-1
1. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. 4-2 and 4-2
1. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. Steelers: 9-3 Bengals: 8-4
1. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. Steelers: 7-5 Bengals: 8-4

We lose on common games and win in conference record . Steelers would win division.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Nope, common games comes first

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

Ok technically I guess not but lets be real. No way we lose to a pitiful SF and a Ravens team that's a shell of its former self.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:27 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: Lets break it down. If the Bengals beat the Browns and then lose out and the Steelers lose to the Colts and then lose out.

We'll break it down piece by piece.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs). 1-1
1. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. 4-2 and 4-2
1. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games. Steelers: 9-3 Bengals: 8-4
1. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. Steelers: 7-5 Bengals: 8-4

We lose on common games and win in conference record . Steelers would win division.

That scenario is not possible.

Both teams cannot lose out after next week as they play head to head the following week.

EDIT:  I just re-read this and I guess you meant the Steelers win out?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That scenario is not possible.

Both teams cannot lose out after next week as they play head to head the following week.

I meant to say win out lmao.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:28 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Ok technically I guess not but lets be real. No way we lose to a pitiful SF and a Ravens team that's a shell of its former self.

San Francisco almost beat the Cardinals today can't sleep on anyone
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote