Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can he catch the ball?
(08-14-2019, 06:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If there's really anything to Driskel playing WR, or contributing in multiple ways, we should see something in "live action" as soon as tomorrow evening.

Just watch the Saints game from last year.

He's not picking this up from scratch, he's been working at this for awhile now.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 06:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we are going to be talking about the last guy at his spot.... 6th or 7th WR....  who is not likely to see the field much on offense at all.. and most his work will be done on Special teams.

If driskel can gun and block better on STs than   and has the upside of emergency qb…  that would raise his value over a guy that would be inactive on game days cause he doesn't play special teams.
That 6th and 7th guy will most likely be Stanley Morgan and Auden Tate both have flashed already at WR we could need these guys on the field at some point this year since our base offense runs 3 WR unlike years past when we ran 2 WR base offense and 2 TE.
Reply/Quote
The next Wes Welker!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 06:44 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Just watch the Saints game from last year.

He's not picking this up from scratch, he's been working at this for awhile now.

Umm, Thanks.  But, I'd rather not...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 10:34 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Ross is shaking in his boots knowing Driskel is now a hybrid WR/QB.

Really?  Every thread?  Every single mother ***** thread?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 02:58 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: So this definitely means ROSS will be playing QB now.

Nope... Linebacker.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 05:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Don't you forget Kumerow….!!!!

Simonise had a good run too!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 08:02 PM)McC Wrote: Really?  Every thread?  Every single mother ***** thread?

Every time I get the opportunity, I will oblige.   Attitude
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 08:02 PM)McC Wrote: Really?  Every thread?  Every single mother ***** thread?

Fake news. There’s no mention of Ross in the Ware thread. Well not yet at least.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 09:06 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Every time I get the opportunity, I will oblige.   Attitude

So, your stated intent is to irritate. 

You might want to see someone about that creepy obsession.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 10:46 PM)McC Wrote: So, your stated intent is to irritate. 

You might want to see someone about that creepy obsession.

Nah..if I'm obsessed, I'm with Boyd. From the shadows to being #1 receiver in the team now. He is A M A Z I N G !!!! DingDing
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 06:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I meant as a WR...Did you know that Tannehill played WR in college?

Yes I did, I just assumed you were talking about QB since that's what both have played in the NFL.
Apologies for the assumption.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 06:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's the thing about all this. Does it knock a better WR, RB, TE or whatever off the team, is it really worth it ?

Related note: I would be ok if the team went with just 3 TEs with Auden Tate as an extra receiver. Tate is a good blocker, has great mitts, and he can high point well. I could see Tate even following Darren Waller's path of eventually converting to TE. Waller came into the league as a big WR in 2015 but started his conversion to TE last year when Oakland picked him off Baltimore's PS. I've liked what I've seen from Tate over the likes of Schreck, Carter, and Franks.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 09:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Related note: I would be ok if the team went with just 3 TEs with Auden Tate as an extra receiver. Tate is a good blocker, has great mitts, and he can high point well. I could see Tate even following Darren Waller's path of eventually converting to TE. Waller came into the league as a big WR in 2015 but started his conversion to TE last year when Oakland picked him off Baltimore's PS. I've liked what I've seen from Tate over the likes of Schreck, Carter, and Franks.

I actually think Driskell's ability to cover punts makes it more likely Tate can make the roster as a WR. Normally you need your last WR to play special teams but that isn't really Tate's thing. There is no reason to move the guy to TE, he has been fine when given the chance as a WR. What the guys needs are more chances, hopefully we see more of those chances while AJ is out. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 09:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: I actually think Driskell's ability to cover punts makes it more likely Tate can make the roster as a WR. Normally you need your last WR to play special teams but that isn't really Tate's thing. There is no reason to move the guy to TE, he has been fine when given the chance as a WR. What the guys needs are more chances, hopefully we see more of those chances while AJ is out. 

Being at WR is fine, I just think he needs to make the roster. Between the WRs and TEs, I'd go:

WRs - Green, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Erickson, Tate, Morgan/Willis/Core
TEs - Eifert, Uzomah, Sample

I think the WRs have performed better than the TEs after Sample. My thought was that if the Bengals wanted to go 4th TE as insurance for injuries, I think Tate could fill in as an emergency TE due to his skill set and size, and I think he has the frame to actually grow into a full-fledged TE.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:13 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Being at WR is fine, I just think he needs to make the roster. Between the WRs and TEs, I'd go:

WRs - Green, Boyd, Ross, Malone, Erickson, Tate, Morgan/Willis/Core
TEs - Eifert, Uzomah, Sample

I think the WRs have performed better than the TEs after Sample. My thought was that if the Bengals wanted to go 4th TE as insurance for injuries, I think Tate could fill in as an emergency TE due to his skill set and size, and I think he has the frame to actually grow into a full-fledged TE.

Tate wouldn't be able to block like a TE though...

Keep Shreck as 4th TE.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 09:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: I actually think Driskell's ability to cover punts makes it more likely Tate can make the roster as a WR. Normally you need your last WR to play special teams but that isn't really Tate's thing. There is no reason to move the guy to TE, he has been fine when given the chance as a WR. What the guys needs are more chances, hopefully we see more of those chances while AJ is out. 

I remember reading that Tate is getting time with the first team special teams.

I just dont see a spot for Driskel on the 53 at WR and he cant go on a practice squad.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Ah Driskel...can we just not cut the guy and get this over with?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 09:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Related note: I would be ok if the team went with just 3 TEs with Auden Tate as an extra receiver. Tate is a good blocker, has great mitts, and he can high point well. I could see Tate even following Darren Waller's path of eventually converting to TE. Waller came into the league as a big WR in 2015 but started his conversion to TE last year when Oakland picked him off Baltimore's PS. I've liked what I've seen from Tate over the likes of Schreck, Carter, and Franks.

Interesting point, as I believe Taylor's offense is much more predicated on the use of WRs than TEs...(more 11 personnel than 12).  

That being said, I doubt they would go with three TEs given Eifert's injury history.  Even if you could pluck one off your PS, I still would be surprised if it happened.  Good point, though. 
Reply/Quote
Keeping Driskel for the sake of trick plays is very concerning. How many trick plays can you pull in a single game? On top of that, the number of penalties we have so far, I don't think we are ready for trick plays yet.
Reply/Quote