Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Even Lose Properly
Randomly checked and even with all this sucking, the Bengals are in like a 4-way tie for the 8th pick in the draft.

Little chance they "catch up" to the 3-win Raiders/Cardinals/49ers for the #1 pick, though I suppose they do have a game against the Raiders.

So the Bengals are likely losing for the 3rd or 4th pick at "best". Knowing Marvin Lewis, they will lose out until the last game/2 games and win those, doing nothing but getting a worse draft pick, and securing him another year in Cincinnati as they tout the positive finish to the season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Randomly checked and even with all this sucking, the Bengals are in like a 4-way tie for the 8th pick in the draft.

Little chance they "catch up" to the 3-win Raiders/Cardinals/49ers for the #1 pick, though I suppose they do have a game against the Raiders.

So the Bengals are likely losing for the 3rd or 4th pick at "best". Knowing Marvin Lewis, they will lose out until the last game/2 games and win those, doing nothing but getting a worse draft pick, and securing him another year in Cincinnati as they tout the positive finish to the season.

I don't think we win another game all year, yes we lose to Raiders. so we go 5-11 and good for 5th or 6th pick in the draft.

BTW, they did not suck today at all. In fact, if not screwed by a TD being removed, they may have beat a very good Charger team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'd love to have a high draft pick, but when the time comes, I'm going to have a tough time hoping for them to lose to the Browns or Steelers. We owe both of those teams big time.
Reply/Quote
Best case scenario of course would be to lose out. It would make the HC position a little more enticing. But in true Marvin fashion we will win some useless games maybe knocking someone out of a playoff spot just enough for Mikey to think we finished strong and keep Marvin around. I'm going to be completely honest, I don't think I can take another year of Marvin, hello don't even want Andy back. If we get a high pick we need to move on from both and usher in a new Bengals culture with a new gritty QB and a coach that dosent accept failure, especially to Pitt. I hope every coach on this staff is gone, all of them. But we know that will never happen under Brown. It's a sad and pathetic thing to be a fan of this team.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:01 AM)samhain Wrote: I'd love to have a high draft pick, but when the time comes, I'm going to have a tough time hoping for them to lose to the Browns or Steelers.  We owe both of those teams big time.
Agree, like others I hope we win and not rooting against Bengals. But, other than Raiders, no probable wins.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Randomly checked and even with all this sucking, the Bengals are in like a 4-way tie for the 8th pick in the draft.

It what they did last year. The old Dead Cat Bounce. At this point, a higher draft pick would be better. Plus, it might make Mike pause from his money counting to decide firing Marvin might be a good thing to do.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't think we win another game all year, yes we lose to Raiders. so we go 5-11 and good for 5th or 6th pick in the draft.

BTW, they did not suck today at all. In fact, if not screwed by a TD being removed, they may have beat a very good Charger team.

I think we beat the Raiders and/or Browns.

I wouldn't put it past us to beat the Steelers with nothing on the line.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 01:06 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: It what they did last year.  The old Dead Cat Bounce.  At this point, a higher draft pick would be better.  Plus, it might make Mike pause from his money counting to decide firing Marvin might be a good thing to do.

I wonder what Lewis's W/L record would be without all of the dead cat bounce victories and wins against teams that know that they're rebuilding. Hmm.
Reply/Quote
What difference does it make if the Bengals get the 1st draft pick or the last?  The team will suck with Marvin as the coach and Mike Brown as the owner.  I realized that 10 years and gave up on them.  Sunday's are so much more enjoyable now.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't think we win another game all year, yes we lose to Raiders. so we go 5-11 and good for 5th or 6th pick in the draft.

Or, maybe that would have woken the Chargers offense up enough to start throwing punches, rather than love slaps?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote