Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Go One World Series Without...
seeing an ex-Red playing in it. The Dodgers had Floro pitch and I said to myself here we go again. I thought he was a Red at one time this year. There may be others, but it makes me wonder what the Reds would do in the standings if they kept some of the players they traded away. I understand players these days move around frequently, but are the Reds getting the best out of them while they are on the team?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Actually the one thing the Reds seemed to be good (lucky?) at recently is getting better production from other teams players. We don't get much at all from our own minor league system.

Gennett was with the Brewers 4 years and did nothing.
Adam Duvall had 3 HR one year for the Giants before coming here and having two 30 homer seasons.
Peraza hit .182 for the Dodgers one year before hitting .284 over the last three with the Reds.
Suarez hit 4 HR for the Tigers before becoming an All-Star here.
Schebler hit 3 HR for the Dodgers one year before hitting30 for the Reds in '17.
Jared Hughes' ERA was over 3 for the Pirates in '16 and the Brewers in '17 before his 1.94 with the Reds this year.
Reply/Quote
For the past month and-a-half I've been working for a screen print graphics company here in Dayton. Last Thursday the owner announced that as soon as the World Series is over we have to come right in and do a big T-shirt order for the winners. If it's not until Tuesday or Wednesday we'll just work more hours during the week. I like my play Sundays, so GO CLAYTON! Shut them down!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the one thing the Reds seemed to be good (lucky?) at recently is getting better production from other teams players. We don't get much at all from our own minor league system.

Adam Duvall had 3 HR one year for the Giants before coming here and having two 30 homer seasons.
Peraza hit .182 for the Dodgers one year before hitting .284 over the last three with the Reds.
Schebler hit 3 HR for the Dodgers one year before hitting30 for the Reds in '17.
Jared Hughes' ERA was over 3 for the Pirates in '16 and the Brewers in '17 before his 1.94 with the Reds this year.

Don’t forget Phillips was a bust with Indians.
Reply/Quote
I dunno . VOTTO has done pretty good for himself and he came up through the Reds farm system as did several others over the years  It's been awhile though since they've produced much ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the one thing the Reds seemed to be good (lucky?) at recently is getting better production from other teams players.  We don't get much at all from our own minor league system.

Lol

Duvall played 28 games with SF
Peraza and Suzrez were 21/22 - And it was their first MLB action - Weird how debut 21year olds dont come out and play like all stars
Schelber played 19 games with Dodgers
Jared Hughes .  Dropped his era by 1.25 runs in one year.  WOW
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 12:29 AM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: Lol

Duvall played 28 games with SF
Peraza and Suzrez were 21/22 - And it was their first MLB action - Weird how debut 21year olds dont come out and play like all stars
Schelber played 19 games with Dodgers
Jared Hughes .  Dropped his era by 1.25 runs in one year.  WOW

Not sure I see what point you are trying to make.

Dylan Floro mentioned in the OP only had 36 IP with the Reds.

So why the "Lol"?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure I see what point you are trying to make.

Dylan Floro mentioned in the OP only had 36 IP with the Reds.

So why the "Lol"?

You said The Reds have been good at "getting better production from other teams players."

Then listed a bunch of players who never had the time to even produce for their former teams.     
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 03:56 PM)UDBengalsFan Wrote: You said The Reds have been good at "getting better production from other teams players."

Then listed a bunch of players who never had the time to even produce for their former teams.     

The point is that these other teams let them go.  Teams usually don't get rid of guys on track to become productive players.

Also Duval was 26 when the rds signed him.  Gennette was 27. Schebler was 25.  They had all had plenty of time to develop with their original teams
Reply/Quote