Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Wait
Until the Bengals once again refuse to actually fix the OL for the 7th straight year and the blind homers attack me by saying basically the exact same OL that was terrible last year but with one mediocre change is all they REALLY needed because they got a magical new OL coach who will coach them all up.

Not like Burrow needs healthy knees to have a long productive career or anything.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It’s a very fixable problem with our cap space and it being the only glaring weakness. Easy fix this offseason. You guys should all be optimistic about what’s to come. We’ll be dominating teams next year. Screw these close games. Next year is our year for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But the postseason literally didn't have those OL upgrades in.
Reiff, like he is for at least a couple games every season, wasn't available in the whole postseason.
XSF once again got hurt for most of the season and then got let go.
They decided not to play their 2nd rounder in the Super Bowl.

So yes, it's a very similar OL in the postseason to what they had in 2020.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Bengals protected JB great in the first half and he was worse than he was in the 2nd half
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: But the postseason literally didn't have those OL upgrades in.
Reiff, like he is for at least a couple games every season, wasn't available in the whole postseason.
XSF once again got hurt for most of the season and then got let go.
They decided not to play their 2nd rounder in the Super Bowl.

So yes, it's a very similar OL in the postseason to what they had in 2020.

Reading your cap numbers from the draft? forum they can fix the Oline, but they need to do it NOW before salaries really balloon and they can't afford Joe, Joe, Ja'Marr or anyone other than college free agents.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The Bengals protected JB great in the first half and he was worse than he was in the 2nd half

Second half Morris changed up a couple things. They started playing a bear front, the put an extra guy showing pressure over the center a lot more to stop the turnout by Hopkins to Donald. Sometimes he’d drop and sometimes he’d come, even delayed, but it definitely made a difference. The other thing they did was started running stunts to that side which caused confusion.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:38 AM)grampahol Wrote: Reading your cap numbers from the draft? forum they can fix the Oline, but they need to do it NOW before salaries really balloon and they can't afford Joe, Joe, Ja'Marr or anyone other than college free agents.. 

Yep they have basically the next 2-3 years for their window to go all in before they have to start worrying about their young stars coming off their rookie contracts.

Get the OL on 2-year or 3-year contracts and draft a guy or two to start grooming behind them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
In other words it's the same refrain we hear every end of season for the Bengals....Wait Till Next Year. This was our chance to break that cycle but they failed.
Reply/Quote
We have a lot to be proud of. We almost beat the Rams and the refs to win the SB with a 2nd year QB and a terrible OL. Fell just a bit short but the future is bright here and outside of the OL I'm proud of this team.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:49 AM)bengaloo Wrote: We have a lot to be proud of. We almost beat the Rams and the refs to win the SB with a 2nd year QB and a terrible OL. Fell just a bit short but the future is bright here and outside of the OL I'm proud of this team.

Get out of here with that conspiracy BS. The Bengals literally got the lead from an uncalled blatant OPI facemask. I'm not complaining, I will take it because I wanted to win... but to pretend like the Bengals had to beat the refs is just Fing stupid.

The Refs didn't stop the Bengals from scoring for the final 25 minutes of the game. They didn't make the Bengals finish the game with 5 drives that went for 23 plays/50 yards/0 points. Hell even before that their FG "drive" to extend their lead was 8 plays for 11 yards. That's pathetic and had nothing to do with the refs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well it was nice here for a couple weeks.. I'm sure they will address the Oline... Can't be to surprised by this. They had an Allstar team and the Bengals weren't suppose to be there... It is what it is...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: Second half Morris changed up a couple things. They started playing a bear front, the put an extra guy showing pressure over the center a lot more to stop the turnout by Hopkins to Donald. Sometimes he’d drop and sometimes he’d come, even delayed, but it definitely made a difference. The other thing they did was started running stunts to that side which caused confusion.

A valiant effort to try explaining this right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:55 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Get out of here with that conspiracy BS. The Bengals literally got the lead from an uncalled blatant OPI facemask. I'm not complaining, I will take it because I wanted to win... but to pretend like the Bengals had to beat the refs is just Fing stupid.

The Refs didn't stop the Bengals from scoring for the final 25 minutes of the game. They didn't make the Bengals finish the game with 5 drives that went for 23 plays/50 yards/0 points. Hell even before that their FG "drive" to extend their lead was 8 plays for 11 yards. That's pathetic and had nothing to do with the refs.

There were no calls that should've been calls all game, including the Higgins TD. The refs are going to grade low on this game. The PI call on Wilson was absurd. The flags dont fly all game until the game winning drive. Then the refs finally decide to ref, and one bad call cost us our best shot at stopping them and winning. Its no conspiracy. Its bad reffing. They were about as bad as our OL. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:56 AM)Tony Wrote: Well it was nice here for a couple weeks.. I'm sure they will address the Oline... Can't be to surprised by this. They had an Allstar team and  the Bengals weren't suppose to be there... It is what it is...

How long have you been a fan bro?

It's more likely that they used this SB run as rationale to NOT do anything about the O line.
Reply/Quote