Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scatterbrained
Let me give you all a good laugh at my expense.

I was up in the hills cutting some firewood and when I got home the bed of my truck was covered with oil. When I had filled up my chainsaw with bar oil I had not screwed the lid back on the 2 gallon jug of oil. So it had turned over and spilled out. I swore that would never happen again.

Next time I went out to use my chainsaw I specifically made a point of screwing the cap tightly back on the jug of oil as soon as I was finished filling my saw. Then when I picked up my saw to start working all the oil poured out because I had not screwed the cap back on the saw when I had finished filling it with oil.

Gaah
Reply/Quote
Shit happens Fred. I'm usually pretty anal about double and triple checking small things but yet, it still happens. The other night I had a thought while laying in bed and questioning rather I turned off the projector in the mancave (sits 100 ft behind house). So I sat up and looked out window and sure enough I saw light inside the cave window. Well, long story short, it was just the reflection off a street light on the window. Felt like a dumb ass.

What pisses me off tho, is when I grab a bottle of hot sauce or anything else that I shake up before opening and the previous user didn't put the cap on tight. Had that happen a few times and what a crazy mess it is to clean up.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had something happen a few weeks ago that I couldn't believe I managed to do.

Note: I always keep my wallet in my back right pocket.

So, last week when I got home from the store I was getting the groceries out of the car. My right hand was full, when I noticed I had left my wallet on the seat. So I grabbed it with my left hand and put it my back left pocket. (I did this without really thinking about it.) I then went inside and unloaded all of my groceries and threw my keys on the counter. Then I went to reach for my wallet (in it's normal place) and of course it wasn't there.

Somehow I had completely forgotten that I put in my other pocket. I then proceeded to go outside and basically tear apart my car looking for it. Rooted through the console, the glovebox, looked under the seats. I even went back inside to grab a flashlight to look all around and underneath the car. Of course I found nothing.

I retraced my steps back into the house and looked all over the counter. I even took the grocery bags out of the trash to make sure I hadn't drop it in one of them. At this point I was equal parts pissed off and panicking. I was about 10 seconds away from getting on the computer and putting a hold on my credit cards. Then it happened.

I sat down on the couch to have a beer to calm down. That's when I noticed my wallet was in my other pocket the entire time. I just spent probably 20 minutes freaking out about my wallet because I totally spaced out on putting somewhere where it never goes.

I'm not sure whether to laugh it off or to start researching early Dementia signs.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 08:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I had something happen a few weeks ago that I couldn't believe I managed to do.

Note: I always keep my wallet in my back right pocket.

So, last week when I got home from the store I was getting the groceries out of the car.  My right hand was full, when I noticed I had left my wallet on the seat.  So I grabbed it with my left hand and put it my back left pocket. (I did this without really thinking about it.)  I then went inside and unloaded all of my groceries and threw my keys on the counter.  Then I went to reach for my wallet (in it's normal place) and of course it wasn't there.

Somehow I had completely forgotten that I put in my other pocket.  I then proceeded to go outside and basically tear apart my car looking for it.  Rooted through the console, the glovebox, looked under the seats.  I even went back inside to grab a flashlight to look all around and underneath the car.  Of course I found nothing.

I retraced my steps back into the house and looked all over the counter.  I even took the grocery bags out of the trash to make sure I hadn't drop it in one of them.  At this point I was equal parts pissed off and panicking.  I was about 10 seconds away from getting on the computer and putting a hold on my credit cards.  Then it happened.

I sat down on the couch to have a beer to calm down.
 That's when I noticed my wallet was in my other pocket the entire time.  I just spent probably 20 minutes freaking out about my wallet because I totally spaced out on putting somewhere where it never goes.

I'm not sure whether to laugh it off or to start researching early Dementia signs.

Once again,

ALL HAIL THE POWER OF BEER!!!:hail:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote