Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't we please wait. . .
I see that many of you already have your squeal on regarding the Bengals moves in the 2020 offseason.

I know how much some of you enjoy that, but can't we wait until free agency actually begins to start the crying?
So you’re squealing about other people squealing? Got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-02-2019, 02:42 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So you’re squealing about other people squealing?  Got it

Yes.  Like police locking up a person for locking up a person.

Or a parent taking away a child's toy for taking away a child's toy.

Proud of you for "getting it".
If only my life were more complete as a result of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-02-2019, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I see that many of you already have your squeal on regarding the Bengals moves in the 2020 offseason.  

I know how much some of you enjoy that, but can't we wait until free agency actually begins to start the crying?

You're right in that it's probably too early, but most people I think have witnessed enough of past offseasons to confidently assess how this coming offseason will go. It doesn't help that this past year with the new coaching staff resulted in more of the same rather than a noticeable change in approach.

People are just trying to expect the worst (or usual) so that anything better is a pleasant surprise.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(12-02-2019, 03:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You're right in that it's probably too early, but most people I think have witnessed enough of past offseasons to confidently assess how this coming offseason will go. It doesn't help that this past year with the new coaching staff resulted in more of the same rather than a noticeable change in approach.

People are just trying to expect the worst (or usual) so that anything better is a pleasant surprise.

I agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WhoDey2
(12-02-2019, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I see that many of you already have your squeal on regarding the Bengals moves in the 2020 offseason.  

I just find this all ironic. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-02-2019, 03:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote:  most people I think have witnessed enough of past offseasons to confidently assess how this coming offseason will go. 

No they haven't.

The same people squealing about how we will do "nothing" were saying the same thing two years ago before we traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league and signed the league's leading tackler in free agency.
Screw it. I'm just gonna go to Niagra Falls and get mad for being wet, even though the water comes down the same every day. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-02-2019, 04:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just find this all ironic. 

Then you probably don't know the definition of "ironic".
(12-02-2019, 04:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you probably don't know the definition of "ironic".

I certainly do. Do you?

(12-02-2019, 03:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You're right in that it's probably too early, but most people I think have witnessed enough of past offseasons to confidently assess how this coming offseason will go. It doesn't help that this past year with the new coaching staff resulted in more of the same rather than a noticeable change in approach.

This. Although Fred doesn't believe in the past being an indicator of the (likely) future for some reason.

That's why he always said Marv could win a playoff game, even though 0-7 would suggest it was highly unlikely.

Right now, Fred will say "lets see what happens, stop squealing". Then if/when we actually don't do anything, he'll just switch gears.

Ultimately, I'd say Fred just doesn't like negativity. Unless it's coming from him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
I think that under these circumstances the pre-squealing is understandable. It’s difficult not to pre-squeal when you have conditioned by your environment to squeal at regular intervals. One begins to anticipate the squealing and then prematurely squeals before the moment is right. But don’t worry, my wife says that it happens to all men.
(12-02-2019, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This. Although Fred doesn't believe in the past being an indicator of the (likely) future for some reason.

That's why he always said Marv could win a playoff game, even though 0-7 would suggest it was highly unlikely.

Right now, Fred will say "lets see what happens, stop squealing". Then if/when we actually don't do anything, he'll just switch gears.

Ultimately, I'd say Fred just doesn't like negativity. Unless it's coming from him.

Ohhhhhhhh. Sick burn. And true. 

I like it. Wub

(12-02-2019, 04:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I certainly do. Do you?

Yes I do.

I'll bet you also think it is "ironic" that people who call themselves "accepting and understanding" don't "accept and understand" mass rape and genocide.  That is because you don't understand the concept of "false equivalency"
(12-02-2019, 04:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they haven't.

The same people squealing about how we will do "nothing" were saying the same thing two years ago before we traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league and signed the league's leading tackler in free agency.

You're right. Two years ago, signing those two players was a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, neither ended up panning out like everyone thought/hoped they would. But most offseasons they don't make trades like that or sign the league's leading tackler.

They still haven't signed an outside big-name player to a top-tier contract in the past 10 years, which would be the unexpected at this point.
Maybe they do, maybe they don't.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(12-02-2019, 04:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I do.

I'll bet you think it is "ironic" that people who call themselves "accepting and understanding" don't "accept and understand" mass rape and genocide.  That is because you don't understand the concept of "false equivalency"

I understand a hell of a lot more than you do, homeskizzle. 

None of your reply matters though because it doesn't relate to the question i asked. It is classic muddying the waters though. And not a bit unexpected or surprising. 

(12-02-2019, 04:12 PM)HuDey Wrote: I think that under these circumstances the pre-squealing is understandable. It’s difficult not to pre-squeal when you have conditioned by your environment to squeal at regular intervals. One begins to anticipate the squealing and then prematurely squeals before the moment is right. But don’t worry, my wife says that it happens to all men.

This is so HoF worthy.