Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Bengals DOMINATE a game?
It's great to be 4-1.

However, just once this year I'd like to see the Bengals completely DOMINATE an opponent from beginning to end... a blowout win with NO "nervous" moments like... pretty much every win, this season. Tongue

I was at the beach in Ocean City, yesterday, following play by play on my phone, and really wasn't distraught even down 17-0.
This team just has that different feel about it. However, I want to be able to just RELAX, some Sunday!
Reply/Quote
I think you'll get your wish when Tampa Bay comes to town. I see us crushing them.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Character builders. They've definitely been in some difficult situations. That can only build confidence.

Like you, just once it would be nice to dominate a game. But it is the NFL and teams are all talented.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:33 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Character builders.  They've definitely been in some difficult situations.  That can only build confidence.

Like you, just once it would be nice to dominate a game.  But it is the NFL and teams are all talented.

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Bengals came out after the half, and put 30 minutes of domination on the Dolphins. Doesn't that count for anything?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No margin of victory bonuses in the NFL. The biggest jump this team has made from last year to this year is we have found ways to win the tight games. You don't blow people out in the playoffs normally you tend to have to steal games late. The mark of a great team isn't blowing people out in regular season games, it's finding ways to win even when you play bad...we did that Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: The mark of a great team isn't blowing people out in regular season games...

Don't tell that to the Steelers or Patriots.  They do it with regularity.
Just saying... it would be nice to at least do it SOMETIMES.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Bengals came out after the half, and put 30 minutes of domination on the Dolphins.  Doesn't that count for anything?

That's great.
I'd just prefer they didn't spot the other team 17 points before they decide to show up.
Reply/Quote
This is a very young team, 2nd youngest in NFL, and youngest of Marv's tenure. There's gonna be some mistakes, but there is a lot of talent on the field. It's just gonna get better from here, I can see us blowing some people out this year. Next year? Look out.... I think we're poised to go on a multi-season run....
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Bengals came out after the half, and put 30 minutes of domination on the Dolphins.  Doesn't that count for anything?

You beat me to it.

(10-08-2018, 10:53 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Don't tell that to the Steelers or Patriots.  They do it with regularity.

I feel ya and I think we'll have a couple this season before it's over. And I'm not sure they (Patriots, Steelers) do it as much as it seems.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:53 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Don't tell that to the Steelers or Patriots.  They do it with regularity.

We aren't the Steelers or Patriots, unless you have a generational QB no one really is. We are closer to the Giants teams who found ways to win...
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:33 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Character builders.  They've definitely been in some difficult situations.  That can only build confidence.

Like you, just once it would be nice to dominate a game.  But it is the NFL and teams are all talented.

Pretty spot on!
Reply/Quote
It is hard to dominate in the NFL. The Pats have dominated Fins)and been dominated in 2018 by Lions, but are 3-2.The Steelers dominated yesterday and were dominated at home by the Chiefs, but are 2-2-1. The Rams look dominate, the Chiefs are 5-0 and almost lost to Denver.

The Bengals started out with a tough schedule with 3 of first 4 on the road. They dominated the Ravens at home for 30 minutes (not many teams will dominate the Ravens for 30 minutes. The dominated the Fins yesterday 27-0 for 30 minutes. To answer your question, they have proven they can pick themselves up and dominate when needed. The special teams punting and coverage of punts and kick offs has been a major issue, I think Simmons will fix that.

We have a tough game this week, I am expecting an all out war in the trenches and a close game. I am hopeful we come out on top.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I just want a flat out dominating victory against the Steelers... one that leaves NO EXCUSES for them (about officiating or anything else.)
I know I'm dreaming but, MAN it would feel good to just totally stomp them, for once.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:13 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I just want a flat out dominating victory against the Steelers... one that leaves NO EXCUSES for them (about officiating or anything else.)
I know I'm dreaming but, MAN it would feel good to just totally stomp them, for once.

Man even a 1 point win after having to hit a 54 yard FG would be great but I know what you mean.....
Reply/Quote
Tough to see with their schedule.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I wont be relaxed about this team unless we can actually beat the steelers for once. Hasnt been since the first meeting in 2015 I believe since we won. Incuding another home playoff loss to them.

Marv has proven he can beat the ravens but hasnt shown any ability to beat the steelers with any regularity
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:19 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I wont be relaxed about this team unless we can actually beat the steelers for once.  Hasnt been since the first meeting in 2015 I believe since we won.  Incuding another home playoff loss to them.

Marv has proven he can beat the ravens but hasnt shown any ability to beat the steelers with any regularity

I get that people want to beat the Steelers, but they definitely are not the same team on defense.

I'd be MUCH happier if we split the next two games by losing to Pittsburgh but beating the Chiefs. Chiefs and Pats are the top of the AFC right now, so you gotta beat the best.

Going 2-0 next two games? I'm gonna go nuts.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:21 PM)thillan Wrote: I get that people want to beat the Steelers, but they definitely are not the same team on defense.

I'd be MUCH happier if we split the next two games by losing to Pittsburgh but beating the Chiefs. Chiefs and Pats are the top of the AFC right now, so you gotta beat the best.

Going 2-0 next two games? I'm gonna go nuts.
That would be something, give KC their first loss of the season! I have no doubt this team has the talent and heart to beat the Stealers!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That would be something, give KC their first loss of the season! I have no doubt this team has the talent and heart to beat the Stealers!

If we win both of those games, I will be absolutely ecstatic!  And we very well could.  But we (they) need to focus on one game at a time.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote