Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Bengals break the East Rutherford Jinx in 2016?
Never won on the road against the Jets, and I am sure the Giants on the road also.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 03:46 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Never won on the road against the Jets, and I am sure the Giants on the road also.

1976 and 1981
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 03:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 1976 and 1981

So, to sum up--the answer to the OP question is yes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If Geno Smith is starting for the Jets I don't care if the Bengals haven't won there in 1,000 years.
Reply/Quote
Hadn't won in Oakland til they mopped them last year. I expect the same this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
this team only breaks the only trends.... there is only one bad active streak that still matters right now though
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this team only breaks the only trends.... there is only one bad active streak that still matters right now though

and Nick Vigil starts trends.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 06:22 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: and Nick Vigil starts trends.

He also ends careers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 04:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Geno Smith is starting for the Jets I don't care if the Bengals haven't won there in 1,000 years.

Keep Sleeping on Geno.

Sitting on the bench did more good than harm, if we're to believe the Jets Media right now.
Reply/Quote
Jets had the #4 defense in the league last year and the #10 offense with Fitzpatrick at QB.

They won 10 games and will be a tough game for us on the road this year.

In his only start last year Geno threw for 265 yards, posted a 87.9 passer rating, and added a 29 yard run.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 07:28 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Keep Sleeping on Geno.

Sitting on the bench did more good than harm, if we're to believe the Jets Media right now.

Geno Smith reminds me of something Bob Uecker said once...and I'm paraphrasing but...

He didn't mind sitting on the bench, because the sooner he went into the game the sooner everyone was going to realize he was lousy and he would be out of a job.  I wouldn't say I'm sleeping on Geno Smith so much as I've seen him play and I don't think he can handle the Bengals defense while trying to keep up with the Bengals offense no matter how long he's sat the bench. 
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jets had the #4 defense in the league last year and the #10 offense with Fitzpatrick at QB.

In his only start last year Geno threw for 265 yards, posted a 87.9 passer rating, and added a 29 yard run.
They would've won 9 games had they played Cincinnati.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Geno Smith needs to make it through training camp without one of his teammates powebombing him through a table before we have to worry about facing him.
Reply/Quote
Bengals had better win this tough road game or I will never here the end of it from my traitorous cousin.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 10:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals had better win this tough road game or I will never here the end of it from my traitorous cousin.

Meh, Dalton is amazing on the road. He has the most road wins than any QB in NFL history in the first 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jets had  the #4 defense in the league last year and the #10 offense with Fitzpatrick at QB.

Stop being logical ! Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jets had  the #4 defense in the league last year and the #10 offense with Fitzpatrick at QB.

They also played the AFC south and NFC east last season. It's not like they played a bunch of teams with good defenses or offenses. Playing against scrubs every week will inflate your rankings.

Geno Smith has been a bust so far. I don't expect that to change, even if he had one good game. He will have to show that he's improved a lot more than that to make up for his horrible play.
Reply/Quote
If Geno plays, we win by 2+TDs
If Fitz plays, it'll go down to the wire.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 10:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bengals had better win this tough road game or I will never here the end of it from my traitorous cousin.

I'm getting rid of my cell phone if they lose. Same if they lose to the Giants (although they aren't nearly as bad as Jet fans).

If the Bengals don't win the Super Bowl (hell, or even a playoff game), I at least hope they beat the Jets, Giants, Eagles and Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2016, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jets had the #4 defense in the league last year and the #10 offense with Fitzpatrick at QB.

Against the raiders!!! Hell Terrell Pryor could have done that against the raiders defense
Reply/Quote