Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Coaches & Org please pay attn
(09-01-2021, 07:57 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not taking anything away from Brady... Hell, he's only a couple years younger than me... But he kinda went to a stacked roster to prove them wrong.

Agreed they had talent but they were 7-9 the previous year and hadn’t won a playoff game since 2002. He wasn’t washed up like Peyton Manning in his last year in Denver when they won that super bowl. Brady was a huge reason they won by playing at a high level.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:10 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed they had talent but they were 7-9 the previous year and hadn’t won a playoff game since 2002. He wasn’t washed up like Peyton Manning in his last year in Denver when they won that super bowl. Brady was a huge reason they won by playing at a high level.

For sure... Once he got his feet wet, they were damn near unstoppable. As an OSU guy, I saw a ton of Brady in college. It still blows my mind that he turned into the pro that he has.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 08:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I also mentioned the 13-3 victory against the Rams. Nice of you to completely ignore it.

And way to give no credit to Belichik and the defense for shutting down the falcons in the 2nd half

Bill is a good coach I’m not disagreeing he’s had some great defensive game plans throughout his career. Both Bill and Tom should be credited for contributing to there success. A star QB, a good head coach and a good front office are the 3 most important factors in winning in my opinion. However I’ve always felt the majority of the credit should go to the QB who touches the ball every play on offense versus an old man on the sidelines lol. Anyways we’re Bengals fans not Patriots fans I won’t take up anymore space fighting about the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:18 PM)jason Wrote: For sure... Once he got his feet wet, they were damn near unstoppable. As an OSU guy, I saw a ton of Brady in college. It still blows my mind that he turned into the pro that he has.

Unreal, it’s hilarious I’m from New England and I rooted against Brady all my life because I was jealous of the Patriots success. Last year was the 1st season I rooted for Brady because I loved seeing all my friends and all of New England miserable like most Bengals fans are every season. My friends told me this year was so hard for them I told them I’m 32 and never seen my team win a playoff game you guys are spoiled rotten, I don’t wanna hear it.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:37 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Unreal, it’s hilarious I’m from New England and I rooted against Brady all my life because I was jealous of the Patriots success. Last year was the 1st season I rooted for Brady because I loved seeing all my friends and all of New England miserable like most Bengals fans are every season. My friends told me this year was so hard for them I told them I’m 32 and never seen my team win a playoff game you guys are spoiled rotten, I don’t wanna hear it.

Well... Technically you saw them win a playoff game in 2015 when Vontaze intercepted that pass with a minute left... Game set match. For those fleeting couple of minutes before Jeremy Hill's fumble, you saw them win a playoff game. It's just like that minus the shit show that ensued.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:46 PM)jason Wrote: Well... Technically you saw them win a playoff game in 2015 when Vontaze intercepted that pass with a minute left... Game set match. For those fleeting couple of minutes before Jeremy Hill's fumble, you saw them win a playoff game. It's just like that minus the shit show that ensued.

Don’t remind me we’ve seen some horrific things as Bengals fans. Believe it or not I was more crushed by the Palmer injury in the playoffs just because I always thought they had a better shot at winning it all because Palmer was a way more talented QB then Dalton/McCarron. First playoff appearance in 15 years the jungle was rocking and your 1st overall pick QB that was having a great year gets hurt on the 1st play. I was sickened to my stomach watching Palmer carted off , a feeling I hadn’t had since Burrow got hurt last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 04:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm sorry, but what is in that article that we don't all already know?

When has Zac kept someone around, well past their prime?

- Glenn
- Preston Brown
- Andy (although he may still have some years left in the tank, we don't know)

List goes on. In fact, his purging of a ton of the old guard, has been PRAISED, as he rid the team of a lot of guys who had seen their best days and people that Marv puffed up.

This isn't calling Zac the greatest coach ever or anything of that nature, but the cutting of people past their prime and moving on, he has done since 2019 and that's what most coaches do in the league, especially if you plan on winning anything.

The only thing hes done here is turn over the roster and lose games....   wait wait  moral victories there was a few of those he said.

Turning over the roster doesnt mean anything positive if you still fail to win games.
Reply/Quote