Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the NFL EVER intervene?
(10-21-2019, 11:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: That's why it is subsidized though. They need teams, and by virtue of some teams being really good, others must be really bad. If the bad teams failed they would fold and if they folded it would mean less games and therefor less revenue. Sports leagues are kind of unique because you can't look at the parts as individual business but rather part of the overall business that is the NFL. There are a lot of companies that subsidize losing business segments, consider the bad teams the loss leaders of the real world.

I always talk about how many Millions the NFL would lose if the Bengals win a superbowl.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:05 PM)Ravage Wrote: Well, let's see...they haven't done a thing to the Lions ownership, nor the Cardinals, nor the Redskins, so I'm going to go ahead and say no, the NFL isn't going to do a damn thing.

Precisely.  Provided they are not violating league rules nor breaking any federal, state or local laws, then the NFL will do nothing.  No one's coming to save this team.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The Browns went 1-31. Their breakout year was 7-8-1. They are currently 2-4. They have the same owner.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
League doesn't care. Pats make money, everyone makes money. Mikey will get always get his "being one of only two teams who voted 'No'" during league meetings and collect his participation trophy checks.
Reply/Quote