Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Piano man actually teach piano?
Because I think that could explain our girly o-line. He's not teaching blocking, he's teaching the piano.

That would solve the mystery; why a 1st and 2nd round pick are this assey.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:11 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Because I think that could explain our girly o-line. He's not teaching blocking, he's teaching the piano.

That would solve the mystery; why a 1st and 2nd round pick are this assey.

There were multiple times during replays I saw Ogbuehi not get his hands on his defender until the defender was in his chest. It was terrible. Dude has no technique, anchor, or passion. Useless pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There were multiple times during replays I saw Ogbuehi not get his hands on his defender until the defender was in his chest. It was terrible. Dude has no technique, anchor, or passion. Useless pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't tell you how many plays I've seen where Ogbuehi flat out quits blocking on, or never gets started in the first place. To me it's painfully obvious his heart just isn't really in football.
Reply/Quote
Are you allowed to criticize here? Just wondering
Reply/Quote
This is one of those rare occasions, where I wish fredtoast were here, just to see him explain away Ogbuehi's shortcomings and defend Paul Alexander.. Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is one of those rare occasions, where I wish fredtoast were here, just to see him explain away Ogbuehi's shortcomings and defend Paul Alexander..   Hilarious

He has a seminar.  Some people go to it, apparently.  Also, SI did a piece on him once.  

That'd be the long and short of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is one of those rare occasions, where I wish fredtoast were here, just to see him explain away Ogbuehi's shortcomings and defend Paul Alexander..   Hilarious

I feel like he would do one of three things:

1) Not show up until the Bengals were competitive and he could sing the praises of "look at the improvement"

2) Stroke out...as in literally stroke out from raging so hard trying to defend these two douche canoes.

3) Would have been banned 10 minutes after the game for comments made towards anyone bad-mouthing the team or the line play. The banning of course would have been an attempt to save face from the obvious suck we all watched.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:21 PM)samhain Wrote: He has a seminar.  Some people go to it, apparently.  Also, SI did a piece on him once.  

That'd be the long and short of it.

Do those same people also continue on, to coach bad Offensive Lines in the NFL??  

Inquiring minds want to know..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do those same people also continue on, to coach bad Offensive Lines in the NFL??  

Inquiring minds want to know..

I know a guy who went.  Here's how it goes:

You get 2 good tackles with early picks.  The three guys in between them are of at best marginal importance.  You can even find a fat OT and place him in one of those spots if you need to.  The guy in the middle that hikes the ball is basically just a warm body.  All you gotta do at that spot is draft a guy that can sling some iron in the gym and coach him up.

Also, when your guys are demonstrably shitty, pretend everyone that notices this is just dumb or mean.  Hell, get offended even.  If possible, work for an overly loyal owner that would only fire you if you got caught spitting on a cop or punching a woman.  Even better to find one that doensn't give a shit at all.  That way, you have a safe space when you get offended.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be a llloooooooooonnnnnggggggg year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's going to be a llloooooooooonnnnnggggggg year.

Atleast we have cap space to retain Eifert. We gotta keep this thing together. Keep your eye on the prize.
Reply/Quote
Guys.. We switched to zone blocking. behind the OL is is a zone we roll unblocked. Dalton just has to "get in the zone" and do his job. Nothing ever went wrong when a a shitty coach and shitty assistants put together a game plan.

Oppening week. Healthy O against a banged up D. Do not blame the coaches. These guys have been shitting it up for years. They arent that bad. Notice how they got explosive back mixon down to 1 yard a carry.... It aint easy to coach that. Takes a special kind of shithead to coach that out of a player
Reply/Quote
Alexander is effing over rated.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If he really can teach piano he needs to make that his job cause this ones not working out.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:36 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Alexander is effing over rated.

(09-11-2017, 05:50 AM)TKUHL Wrote: If he really can teach piano he needs to make that his job cause this ones not working out.

At this point I would be amazed if P A could identify a piano Ninja
Reply/Quote