Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Steelers trade AB?
The cap hit would be 21 million and the Steelers would want a huge haul for AB but his history as a team cancer would make most GMs leery of trading too many high rounders for him. His contract is team friendly by would he honor it. His diva status makes it seem unlikely. He also would need to go to another team that had a great QB. When Ben was hurt he virtually disappeared.
Reply/Quote
They were 9-6-1 with $14.5M in dead money this year, so yeah why not?

IMO the absolutely have to move him and Im really excited to see what they can get for him. They really could fix a lot of problems if the navigate through this the right way.
Reply/Quote
I’ve seen that dude pull off some amazing catches. Too bad his ego couldn’t handle it. He needs to go to a team with a mediocre QB. A little humility could help his career and get him back on track.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:44 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They were 9-6-1 with $14.5M in dead money this year, so yeah why not?

IMO the absolutely have to move him and Im really excited to see what they can get for him. They really could fix a lot of problems if the navigate through this the right way.

Be lucky to get a first and second for a 31 year old Diva. What are they going to draft another Artie Burns?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:44 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They were 9-6-1 with $14.5M in dead money this year, so yeah why not?

I realize that your GM is great at cap gymnastics, but two years in a row of eating dead money?  I don't follow the Steelers contracts well enough to know how many guys are ready to graduate from their rookie deals, etc., but man that's got to take a toll.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Be lucky to get a first and second for a 31 year old Diva. What are they going to draft another Artie Burns?
Well that's the second part of the equation. See other post. New team would get AB pretty cheap (cap hit wise) for 3 years. Oh and he's 29
(01-02-2019, 09:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I realize that your GM is great at cap gymnastics, but two years in a row of eating dead money?  I don't follow the Steelers contracts well enough to know how many guys are ready to graduate from their rookie deals, etc., but man that's got to take a toll.

They're getting this years dead money back next year. I say use it to get rid of AB.

I see absolutely no way in hell he can be on this team next year. None. He quit. Didn't show up. Then went home at 1/2 time. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’ve seen that dude pull off some amazing catches. Too bad his ego couldn’t handle it. He needs to go to a team with a mediocre QB. A little humility could help his career and get him back on track.

He may get a decent QB, but his personality ain't changing. 

Dude is 29 years old. He's not changing now. 

And it's crazy about his ego too. Gregg Jennings was on TV asking what does he have to be angry about? Says he leads the league in catches, yards, and TDs in the past 6 years, has a HOF QB, and is well paid.

Im guessing JJSS getting named team MVP sent him over the edge. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:09 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: He may get a decent QB, but his personality ain't changing. 

Dude is 29 years old. He's not changing now. 

And it's crazy about his ego too. Gregg Jennings was on TV asking what does he have to be angry about? Says he leads the league in catches, yards, and TDs in the past 6 years, has a HOF QB, and is well paid.

Im guessing JJSS getting named team MVP sent him over the edge. 

Who votes for MVP? JJ may be the popular choice but AB is the reason he did as good as he did this year. This may be the problem if his team mates were the one who picked JJ over him. AB probably got the red azz. Disrespect is a powerful thing when it comes to huge egos.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:22 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Who votes for MVP? JJ may be the popular choice but AB is the reason he did as good as he did this year. This may be the problem if his team mates were the one who picked JJ over him. AB probably got the red azz. Disrespect is a powerful thing when it comes to huge egos.

Bingo

The teammates. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 09:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’ve seen that dude pull off some amazing catches. Too bad his ego couldn’t handle it. He needs to go to a team with a mediocre QB. A little humility could help his career and get him back on track.

Him leaving the division is like every other team in the division getting an extra first round pick. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:54 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Him leaving the division is like every other team in the division getting an extra first round pick. 

Seeing how Adam Jones did a good job of keeping his damage minimal, on the regular, I'm not sure that I'd go THAT far..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:09 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Dude is 29 years old. He's not changing now. 

He will be 31 in July, before next season
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seeing how Adam Jones did a good job of keeping his damage minimal, on the regular, I'm not sure that I'd go THAT far..

Maybe the Bengals might have a chance against the Steelers. They have been 3-17 since 2010 when AB came into the league. NO AB and Bell will be better than a first rounder.
Reply/Quote
They'd get pennies on the dollar considering what he is worth as one of the best NFL players right now, but his attitude might just force Pittsburgh's hand.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 10:27 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: They'd get pennies on the dollar considering what he is worth as one of the best NFL players right now, but his attitude might just force Pittsburgh's hand.

The team that signs him will not get him at the present CONTRACT. The rest of his contract is 38 mil over three years. That is 12.7 mi per year which puts him as the 16th highest paid wide outs. This was contrived by AB to get more money. Any team that signs him should have deep pockets or should expect a hold out. Giving up first round picks for a diva like AB could be a disaster. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure the Steelers can go on without getting rid of AB ?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not sure the Steelers can go on without getting rid of AB ?

Right, that was his plan all along. Not only has he forced the Steelers to trade him after he got all the upfront money he has insured his new team will get a good deal for the number one receiver in the league. His new team will have to redo his contract. He will not play 12.7 mil making him the 16th highest paid receiver. This mans ego isn't going to let that happen. Bet on it.
Reply/Quote
 Tucker was saying on NFL that Roonie will probably tell him if he wants traded, he needs to cut the organization a 12 million dollar check to pay back portions of the signing bonus and up front money.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 10:54 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Him leaving the division is like every other team in the division getting an extra first round pick. 

Browns mightvtrade for him lol
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:09 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The team that signs him will not get him at the present CONTRACT. The rest of his contract is 38 mil over three years. That is 12.7 mi per year which puts him as the 16th highest paid wide outs. This was contrived by AB to get more money. Any team that signs him should have deep pockets or should expect a hold out. Giving up first round picks for a diva like AB could be a disaster. 

Shhhhh

Enough of you already
Reply/Quote