Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can they all get 1,000?
(12-24-2021, 03:23 PM)jason Wrote: Who was it then? Decker, Thomas, and Welker?

(12-24-2021, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't believe this is correct..

I was mistaken, sorry. I forgot that Knowshon Moreno was a running back and his yardage total was rushing yards. I must have been thinking of the 2004 Colts with Manning.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 01:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This just makes me wonder even more why the offense isn’t consistently good. (I know - blame Zac)

They have a really good QB and RB and the WRs group is as good as anyones.  If they improve the O line this off-season and Zacs play calling improves then this offense should easily be top 5 with all the skill position talent they have.

I agree that Boyd will come up a little short but Tee will get to 1000+ yards.

They started the season slow, which seemed entirely intentional, to help Burrow have more time to recover.  However, right after the Green Bay game, things really started to click.  They ran the ball very well starting about the Raider game and the 2nd pitt game.  

The points they put up after Green Bay:

34 vs Detroit
41 vs. Ratbirds
31 vs. Jets
16 vs. Browns
32 vs. Raiders
41 vs. steelers
22 vs. Chargers
23 vs. 49ers

So, for this 8 week stretch, the Bengals were putting up an average of exactly 30 points per game, yet despite their defense showing up in every game but two (Jets and Browns), they were only .500 in this stretch.  Why? 

What led to this inconsistency?  

One basic reason:  turnovers.  They killed them against the Browns, Chargers, and 49ers.  I got this stat second hand, but the Bengals have only lost one game this season where they had fewer than two turnovers.

So, look at the offense against Denver:  15 points?  Why so conservative?  Was ZT coaching scared?  No.  I believe it was smart.  They were running the ball fairly well and the Denver offense couldn't do much of anything against the Bengals.  You could argue that the Bengals offense struggled, and it did.  The WRs simply weren't able to uncover against that defense, but the Bengals didn't turn the ball over.  

I think if the Bengals win tomorrow, they are most likely the AFC North representatives.  The huge key will not be putting up 40 points and 400 yards passing, but not to turn the ball over.  

Now, maybe Joe does go off against this team that is decimated on the back end.  Maybe Martindale keeps 7 back to help and Mixon has a big day.  No matter how it works, I think we are seeing the team maturing and figuring out how to win a lot of different ways.

I was so livid at how the blew the Charger and 49er game with bad turnovers, but at least we saw they can come back.  What will likley happen if they don't dig themselves a hole with turnovers?  They will win. 

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 02:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Boyd would have to average 98 yards the last 3 games and Higgins would have to average 55.

How many yards does Chase need to lose in each game to get to 1000?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2021, 12:16 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: How many yards does Chase need to lose in each game to get to 1000?

https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I want to say in the offseason there was a poll/thread on the topic of how many 1k receivers the Bengals would have.

I answered 1 player for 1,000+, 1 player 900-999, and 1 player 800-899. Not sure if I was remembering that there was 17 games when I made that prediction, though. Still looking like a fairly solid prediction, though Higgins picking it up due to Chase dropping it down might throw it off.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 02:05 PM)magikod Wrote: Yeah, I just don't see it happening unless Burrow starts targeting Boyd all the time.

I say he gets to about 900-920 yds, Higgins should hit over 1k yards thought I would predict.

Don't forget Higgins missed 2 games.

He's actually averaging almost as many yards (69.6) as Chase (74.1).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Today helped
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 05:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Here is the list if trios with 1,000 yards. Note that it is not always 3 WRs.  Winslow was a TE and Metcalf a RB/WR.

1) 1980 Chargers. Kellen Winslow, Charlie Joiner, John Jefferson (Fouts).
2) 1989Redskins. Art Monk, Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders (Rypien/Williams).
3) 1995 Falcons: Eric Metcalf, Terance Mathis, Bert Enanuel (George).
4) 2004 Colts: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley (Manning)
5) 2008 Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Steve Breaston (Warner)

11 instances of 900+ yard trios.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_1,000-yard_receiving_trios

Well if it's not just QR, add Chase, Higgins and Mixon to the list.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Today helped

You don't say. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Today helped

The play that didn't count...where Burrow scrambled around and then launched a beautiful 50 Yard TD to Boyd....was simply a thing of beauty.

I was a little surprised they overturned it (and I am cynical as hell when it comes to officiating and the Bengals) because Boyd caught the ball, got two feet down, survived the ground, and THEN the ball was stripped after he had stopped moving.  I saw the ball on the ground as well, but it was long after the act of the catch.

Oh well.  It was a thing of beauty.  
Reply/Quote
If Boyd has a big game we could have three WRs over 1,000 yards. That's pretty good.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:59 AM)EatonFan Wrote: If Boyd has a big game we could have three WRs over 1,000 yards.  That's pretty good.

I care a lot more about the win, but this would be really cool.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The play that didn't count...where Burrow scrambled around and then launched a beautiful 50 Yard TD to Boyd....was simply a thing of beauty.

I was a little surprised they overturned it (and I am cynical as hell when it comes to officiating and the Bengals) because Boyd caught the ball, got two feet down, survived the ground, and THEN the ball was stripped after he had stopped moving.  I saw the ball on the ground as well, but it was long after the act of the catch.

Oh well.  It was a thing of beauty.  

Though I think you are correct in terms if what happened, you could not really see, for sure, when he lost the ball, only that he did.  If there was a shot with him on the ground with control, I think he gets it.  But there was not. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:59 AM)EatonFan Wrote: If Boyd has a big game we could have three WRs over 1,000 yards.  That's pretty good.

KC plays a lot of press coverage.  If Boyd can break a tackle, wide open spaces. 
Reply/Quote