Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we Expect an O & D-Line regression?
Jones, Clarke, and Dunlap will likely be a taller order. Not tougher than baltimore, but tougher than KC.

I've also heard a sentiment that the snowy conditions against the Bills favored O linemen.

If Capp returns, he may not be at 100 percent. But I think he can square with Chris Jones.

Cheifs didn't have Thunley last game. He could be a handful for Reader. I'm sensing some double teams with Creed Humphrey.
Reply/Quote
If the OL plays as physical as they did yesterday we should be ok. Its crazy but since Carman started playing the left side has been solid, even against Baltimore after Jonah got worked over while he was in. As soon as Carman came in the game the blocking on that side improved. I expect to see this continue.
Reply/Quote
I think that it’s too difficult to determine. I think Cincy has a better chance to beat KC than the Bills. How? Mahomes won’t be close to 100%. No way. It will still be a dog fight. I’m beginning to think this team is cold blooded. Last year kinda seemed like they got hot. 2 years in a row is different. These guys may be like Raymond Floyd or Lanny Wadkins with a lead. Good luck with that. I’d say Nicklaus or Tiger but they’ve not done the SB win yet lol.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
yes. I have utmost faith in the d-line, but the o-line has a tall task. They handled KC with jonah and cappa. LC was the weak link that game, so Adeniji might be an upgrade for this match up

but a healthy cappa and jonah played great against kc back in december
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:06 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think that it’s too difficult to determine. I think Cincy has a better chance to beat KC than the Bills. How? Mahomes won’t be close to 100%. No way. It will still be a dog fight. I’m beginning to think this team is cold blooded. Last year kinda seemed like they got hot. 2 years in a row is different. These guys may be like Raymond Floyd or Lanny Wadkins with a lead. Good luck with that. I’d say Nicklaus or Tiger but they’ve not done the SB win yet lol.

I mean we have beat a healthy Mahomes 3 times, so no matter what I would give us a puncher's chance.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:12 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: I mean we have beat a healthy Mahomes 3 times, so no matter what I would give us a puncher's chance.

No question but all by 3 points.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:11 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: yes. I have utmost faith in the d-line, but the o-line has a tall task. They handled KC with jonah and cappa. LC was the weak link that game, so Adeniji might be an upgrade for this match up

Frank Clark apparently had a case of the assblasts that game though. I wouldn't be as high on Jonah here.

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/frank-clarks-stomach-issues-caused-him-to-be-questionable-vs-cincinnati-bengals/
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:52 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Frank Clark apparently had a case of the assblasts that game though. I wouldn't be as high on Jonah here.

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/frank-clarks-stomach-issues-caused-him-to-be-questionable-vs-cincinnati-bengals/

I know jonah has his problems, but he is overall an average LT. He matches up well with some teams, and struggles with others

KC is not a team jonah struggles with. All Im saying
Reply/Quote
We've kept Frank Clark and Chris Jones under control for three games. Dunlap is the main new element, and even in his prime he was never a game wrecker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reader has developed a swim move and he is now unstopable. Beast mode run or pass.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:01 AM)Joelist Wrote: We've kept Frank Clark and Chris Jones under control for three games. Dunlap is the main new element, and even in his prime he was never a game wrecker.

Dunlap definitely changes what you can do in the flats on his side of the field but as a pass rusher I think he can be managed.
Reply/Quote
I expect the Defense to be just as good. Their tackles are their week spot and with Mahomes limited mobility, we may see more pressures than normal.

Our O-line may not look as good as it did this season against KC but I still think it’ll be better than last years O-line.
Reply/Quote
I'm wary of rushing Jonah Williams back out there against this defensive front with two dislocated kneecaps. And from the video we saw of Cappa on Sunday my instinct is he's not at 100% either.

For better or worse, gotta roll with the same crew as Sunday.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 08:49 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm wary of rushing Jonah Williams back out there against this defensive front with two dislocated kneecaps.  And from the video we saw of Cappa on Sunday my instinct is he's not at 100% either.

For better or worse, gotta roll with the same crew as Sunday.

This. Even if Jonah dresses, he needs to be on the sideline until and if Carman starts struggling. Right now, he's playing in beast mode and there is no reason to pull him and put a hobbled Williams in his place.
Reply/Quote
If there's any offensive lineman to keep an eye on this week it's Ted Karras. Has there been any further word on what the knee injury was exactly and the extent of it?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I was watching a clip with Chris Long, who I despise even though I really liked his dad. He was asked about how our makeshift O-line with 3 new players was able to perform as well as they did. Of course he gave us a backhanded compliment while also taking a shot at the team. But what he said does kind of make sense. He said when you have a superstar player get hurt, and the backup comes in, there is a huge drop off. He then said the Bengals do not have any superstars on our line (I would disagree about Karras and Cappa) He stated that is why the backups were able to come in and look as good as they starters, because they are all good players but none of them are elite.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was watching a clip with Chris Long, who I despise even though I really liked his dad. He was asked about how our makeshift O-line with 3 new players was able to perform as well as they did. Of course he gave us a backhanded compliment while also taking a shot at the team. But what he said does kind of make sense. He said when you have a superstar player get hurt, and the backup comes in, there is a huge drop off. He then said the Bengals do not have any superstars on our line (I would disagree about Karras and Cappa) He stated that is why the backups were able to come in and look as good as they starters, because they are all good players but none of them are elite.

I'm going to call Chris Long's assessment of that situation a swing and a miss.  For years I have subscribed to the "fresh legs syndrome" theory of why when backups fill in later in a season, that they appear to perform as well as the starters they are replacing.  Basically you're putting in fresh bodies that haven't been beaten up from the grind of playing week after week.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 07:09 AM)treee Wrote: Dunlap definitely changes what you can do in the flats on his side of the field but as a pass rusher I think he can be managed.

The biggest threat that Carlos presents is his ability as a pass batter. Those long arms and big hands match up well to Joe’s biggest weakness

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:11 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: yes. I have utmost faith in the d-line, but the o-line has a tall task. They handled KC with jonah and cappa. LC was the weak link that game, so Adeniji might be an upgrade for this match up

if its one thing Ive learned after watching this team the last 2 seasons is to not doubt what they can accomplish
Last time VS KC, if i recall our rookie G Volson contained Jones. Also, Carman seems to bring a more physical game and I see him pancaking Carlos all day opeing up some holes for Mixon and Perine.
on the other side Adeniji looks quicker then Collins on handling the speed rushers.  
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs' DL is solid, but only Chris Jones is elite.
Don't forget about Karlaftis though, he's coming along and adds more pass rush along with Jones, Dunlap, and Clark.

It'd be really great if Cappa was back for Chris Jones, but Scharping is solid.
The guy I'm most worried about is Adeniji.
Chiefs might overload his side.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote