Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we Expect an O & D-Line regression?
(01-24-2023, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Chiefs' DL is solid, but only Chris Jones is elite.
Don't forget about Karlaftis though, he's coming along and adds more pass rush along with Jones, Dunlap, and Clark.

It'd be really great if Cappa was back for Chris Jones, but Scharping is solid.
The guy I'm most worried about is Adeniji.
Chiefs might overload his side.

complete opposite for me. LC was getting beat with speed that whole entire game. He was practically a revolving door. they were running right around him all game. Just go back and watch the pass plays

Adeniji is good with speed, and bad with strength. The opposite of LC. I think Adeniji is the improvement when it comes to this

Cappa being out is huge though
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 05:38 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Reader has developed a swim move and he is now unstopable. Beast mode run or pass.

What a signing 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: complete opposite for me. LC was getting beat with speed that whole entire game. He was practically a revolving door. they were running right around him all game. Just go back and watch the pass plays

Adeniji is good with speed, and bad with strength. The opposite of LC. I think Adeniji is the improvement when it comes to this

1) I don't pay for NFL+ so I have no way to "go back and watch the plays" from an old game
2) I don't have the interest to go back and watch games. I don't get paid to be an analyst, so why would I waste my time?
3) You don't think the Chiefs will watch some tape on Adeniji to find out his weakness and gameplan to exploit that weakness, which is lack of anchor? Just because they were able to get around LC with speed doesn't mean they won't change the strategy for someone who is quicker/more athletic but lacks strength.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) I don't pay for NFL+ so I have no way to "go back and watch the plays" from an old game
2) I don't have the interest to go back and watch games. I don't get paid to be an analyst, so why would I waste my time?
3) You don't think the Chiefs will watch some tape on Adeniji to find out his weakness and gameplan to exploit that weakness, which is lack of anchor? Just because they were able to get around LC with speed doesn't mean they won't change the strategy for someone who is quicker/more athletic but lacks strength.

watch the highlights and drop the attitude. LC was getting beat like a drum. He was a bad pass protector all year. Pardon me for thinking Adeniji is the better pass blocker

but how dare I suggest Jonah is still overall better than Carmen. How outrageous of me 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: watch the highlights and drop the attitude. LC was getting beat like a drum. He was a bad pass protector all year. Pardon me for thinking Adeniji is the better pass blocker

but how dare I suggest Jonah is still overall better than Carmen. How outrageous of me 

Huh? I never once criticized this?
Not sure if you're just talking in general or directly about me, but I never said anything about Carman being better than Williams.
Personally, I'm never a believer after just one game. I need to see a (much) larger sample set.

Also, I don't have an attitude.
I am just clarifying that I don't have the access nor the interest to go back and watch tape of old games.
I could possibly go try to find highlights of games, but those are just a few snaps out of the whole game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Huh? I never once criticized this?
Not sure if you're just talking in general or directly about me, but I never said anything about Carman being better than Williams.
Personally, I'm never a believer after just one game. I need to see a (much) larger sample set.

Also, I don't have an attitude.
I am just clarifying that I don't have the access nor the interest to go back and watch tape of old games.
I could possibly go try to find highlights of games, but those are just a few snaps out of the whole game.

Im talking in general with jonah

Look, I'll do the heavy lifting and post a couple vids of the bengals chiefs game. Keep an eye on LC at RT

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:40 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im talking in general with jonah

Look, I'll do the heavy lifting and post a couple vids of the bengals chiefs game. Keep an eye on LC at RT

Both videos unavailable (now).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Both videos unavailable (now).

....so click the link and watch it on youtube whenever you have time
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: complete opposite for me. LC was getting beat with speed that whole entire game. He was practically a revolving door. they were running right around him all game. Just go back and watch the pass plays

La'el Collins has just been off all season. He is struggling with balance and is spending alot of time on the ground. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ....so click the link and watch it on youtube whenever you have time

Oh. I assumed that since it said they were unavailable through here that they weren't going to work on youtube either.
Good call.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:20 PM)Synric Wrote: La'el Collins has just been off all season. He is struggling with balance and is spending alot of time on the ground. 

IDK if it was the back issues or what. But he was our best run blocker. We'll see how he looks next year.  I believe he started out at LG for Dallas. After the failed Adeniji & Carman guard conversions, it would be ironic if Collins moved to guard. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: IDK if it was the back issues or what. But he was our best run blocker. We'll see how he looks next year.  I believe he started out at LG for Dallas. After the failed Adeniji & Carman guard conversions, it would be ironic if Collins moved to guard. 

Yea when Collins is moving forward downhill in the power scheme he was good everything else was not so good.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: IDK if it was the back issues or what. But he was our best run blocker. We'll see how he looks next year.  I believe he started out at LG for Dallas. After the failed Adeniji & Carman guard conversions, it would be ironic if Collins moved to guard. 

I'd like him to move to LG but.... Volson is a God to most of this board

Ideally you'd let LC compete with Volson for the starting left guard spot next year and let the best man win
Reply/Quote
It is extremely unlikely we can dominate ANY team as thoroughly as we dominated Buffalo. So, yes. It will be more difficult. But mainly due to the other team being BETTER, not our guys being worse.
Reply/Quote
Let’s not worry about things that haven’t happened. Bengals are 3-0 against them, including AFC Championship.

Honestly I didn’t expect them to come out of Buffalo with a win, especially when they took away the TD.

I’m not worried about KC, but I am a bit concerned about KC and the Officiating. NFL didn’t even consider we’d be playing in the AFCC. That’s why I feel that way.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:54 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Jones, Clarke, and Dunlap will likely be a taller order. Not tougher than baltimore, but tougher than KC.

I've also heard a sentiment that the snowy conditions against the Bills favored O linemen.

If Capp returns, he may not be at 100 percent. But I think he can square with Chris Jones.

Cheifs didn't have Thunley last game. He could be a handful for Reader. I'm sensing some double teams with Creed Humphrey.

Who knows? I didn't expect our OL to just dominate the Bills DL like that. Chris Jones is a beast, but we didn't allow him to get a 
sack in the last AFC Championship game with a much worse interior OL. Frank Clarke could give us some troubles, namely Carman 
because he can be a speed rusher at times and that is Carman's weakness but in run blocking Carman could destroy him or Los.

The Chiefs OL is much better than the Bills OL though, I don't expect constant pressure like last game, plus we don't need constant
pressure with Mahomes. Mush rush even if he has a bad ankle. He just isn't as good throwing out of the pocket as he is on the run 
where he is the best ever IMO. He will have to play like Burrow and he just isn't as good as Burrow at this. Quick passes and such.
Reply/Quote
Other than Jones and Clark, I don’t know anyone else on that D. I don’t believe they can stop Burrow unless Jones has a monster game.
Reply/Quote