Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we afford not to ?
Football is very important to Cook and he loves the game and his teammates. Not so sure about Fournette and not basing that just on the bowl game
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:36 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Football is very important to Cook and he loves the game and his teammates.  Not so sure about Fournette and not basing that just on the bowl game

Care to elaborate? 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:44 AM)blt4584 Wrote: Care to elaborate? 

He sat out to protect his draft stock....Cook said no way he would sit out.  In fact....Cook has played hurt during the regular season. Honestly....that was a big red flag for him and McCaffrey to me.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 11:25 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Were you worried about Winston coming out of FSU? It was thesame system that produced studs like JaMarcus Russell, Christian Ponder and EJ Manuel. You have to judge a prospect on their own merits or else when a school produces a bust at that position we have to abandon it until they change staffs

For whatever reason, Hill developed a fumbling problem here that he didn't have at LSU and it's in his head and it's causing him to be overly cautious. I don't know if he can fix it, but LSU's "system" didn't cause it.

No.....because Winston had more physical skill than either Ponder or Manual....and more intangibles than Russell.  LSU has success running like that all of the time....like Whatever said.....power blocking scheme.  Kinda like the backs at bama....I just don't have much faith in them.  Jeremy Hill had a nice 9 game NFL run. He sucks ass. I thought Devonta Freeman would do well at this level. Cook is three times the player he is.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 01:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: He sat out to protect his draft stock....Cook said no way he would sit out.  In fact....Cook has played hurt during the regular season. Honestly....that was a big red flag for him and McCaffrey to me.

But they both played through those injuries all year. It's not like they just sat the year out. Fournette kept rushing himself back all year to try to help the team. Like it or not, this is a business for the players too. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 01:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: No.....because Winston had more physical skill than either Ponder or Manual....and more intangibles than Russell.  LSU has success running like that all of the time....like Whatever said.....power blocking scheme.  Kinda like the backs at bama....I just don't have much faith in them.  Jeremy Hill had a nice 9 game NFL run.  He sucks ass.  I thought Devonta Freeman would do well at this level.  Cook is three times the player he is.

That's what I'm saying though. Jimbo has had a lot of success with different QBs, but they have to viewed as individuals when it comes to pro scouting or else Winston would have just been another Fisher system guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 01:37 AM)blt4584 Wrote: That's what I'm saying though. Jimbo has had a lot of success with different QBs, but they have to viewed as individuals when it comes to pro scouting or else Winston would have just been another Fisher system guy.

Gotcha.....fair enough.

Reply/Quote
My concern with Fournette actually has to do with his health. There are some rumors his ankle injury is chronic and will hamper him his whole NFL career. I don't take running backs in the top 10, but I definitely don't take one with a possible chronic injury to his lower body.
Reply/Quote